“Terrific value, excellent service!”
Review of Roseland Inn Hotel

Roseland Inn Hotel
Ranked #20 of 944 Ho Chi Minh City B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 March 2013 via mobile

One of THE BEST hotel stays I've ever experienced. The value, rooms and location in the 1st District were enough to rate this a top value stay but in actuality it was the friendliness and attentiveness of the staff from front desk to bellboys to small kitchen staff that made a first trip to Vietnam worry free. Special thanks go to the Front Office Manager, Patricia, and her clerk, Jen, for translating, setting up excursions, taxi rides and many other events. For a full week they treated us like family and we'll always be grateful!

Tim
USA

• Stayed: March 2013

Reviewed 10 March 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights and was not disappointed for the price. It is around the corner from the famous Caravelle hotel. Clean room with air con, complimentary water, friendly and helpful staff and private taxi arranged for transfer to airport for £5 Ish. Hai long 5 is within walking distance to the main sites if you like walking....it is very hot in HCM so getting in a cab or xe-on is also pretty cheap. All the staff speak good English and are very approachable. The breakfast was basic but enjoyable with nice coffee. The hotel recommended Kim Travel in Bui Vien to do cu chi tunnels and Mekong river tour although it is cheaper to book directly with Kim travel.
All in all, we would recommend this hotel for a central location in district 1.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 February 2013

My friends and I booked Hai Long 5 Hotel through the Air Asia website along with our flights. Straight off the bat, it was already very cheap for our 4D3N stay in HCMC. And with us being students, we were all very happy with it but bared in our minds that we might end up in a shabby hotel that hired professional photographers with extraordinary Photoshop editing skills.

Anyways, my friends and I arrived HCM at around 10.30am and reached the hotel at around 11.15am. I called in the day before as I found out the check-in time was only at 2pm. The receptionist suggested we could drop off our bags and go back to the hotel at 2pm to check-in. Fine. No problem there. But when we reached the hotel, our tired faces lit up when the receptionist told us that we could check-in early as our room was ready. It's not a big deal but it definitely made us feel very welcomed and gave us a good impression of the hotel from the get-go.

So okay, to summarize everything, here's a list of why I loved my stay at Hai Long 5 Hotel:

1. Very friendly and helpful staff.
- Miss Jenny was the one who served us the most, she was such a delight!

2. Surprisingly spacious rooms.
- There were four of us so we got a pretty big room, complete with two king size beds, a couch set and a nice, comfortable bathroom with a strong shower. But the room next door to us (probably for <2 pax) was smaller but comfortable and clean nonetheless.

3. Breakfast was pretty good.
- It wasn't amazing but rather tasty. Enough to keep all four of us quite satisfied and full as we went exploring the city.

4. Free Wifi.
- Good for googling amazing street food to try around the city! (:

5. Accessibility.
- The hotel is in District 1, which is the central urban district of the city, so we explored most of the city on foot.

I highly recommend staying in Hai Long 5 Hotel just because it made our stay there one to remember.

Two thumbs up!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 January 2013

We booked this hotel following the recommendations of other travellers and we found it really good. It is in an excellent position, walking distamce from some of the best restaurants and bars in HCMC, the staff is super-helpful, breakfast is very good (you can choose continental and Vietnamese) . We booked a suite as it was really inexpensive and had a very nice big room with a spacious bathroom. All very clean and comfortable.
The hotel helps organise excursions as well.

Room Tip: Choose a suite or superior room for space and comfort.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2013

Spent 2 nights at this central city hotel which had a comfortable room and decent breakfast.
The hotel is situated in a very busy area of the city and if visiting the city again would prefer a quieter location. No complaints though , with the staff being very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2013

Myself and 2 colleagues are staying here for the last several days. Staff very friendly and nice. The Deluxe room is large and spacious. Very near Rex hotel, Caravelle, Opera House, and ho chi minh park....at night it seems as a carnival with all the lights and people driving on motorbikes or walking. Exciting. Just a note: I spent 2 years here during the Vietnam Conflict, and of course the place has changed very much, but i have always enjoyed the Vietnamese people. Hard working and very friendly, especially when they know i am an American.

Room Tip: all the rooms seem nice
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 December 2012

The location of this hotel is handy and only a few minutes walk to the river and main shopping area. It's clean, and the staff are friendly. The bell boys are especially helpful. Breakfast was very good with a lot of choices: fruit, cereal, omelets, cooked Asian vegetables, savoury fried rice, to name just some.
My room was tiny, with no windows and $34 AUD a night was over priced in my opinion. Due to most Asian properties having tiled floors and heavy wooden furniture, each time someone above moved a chair it sounded as though it was in my own room! The floors must be paper-thin.

I didn't like the way motorbikes crowded both sides of the entrance, and the owners watched my entrance and exit each time asking if I wanted a bike; it became very tiresome as it was every time I left the building. There are several businesses nearby on both sides of the street, where young girls frequented at night. I'll leave it to your imagination as to what their business was. Their presence didn't bother me, but if you're sensitive to that kind of neighbourhood, you may not like the location of this hotel.
Across the street, on the corner, is a GREAT restaurant and specialty food outlet called Annam Gourmet Market.
I would not use this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with windows to the outside
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo