“Great overall stay”
Review of Roseland Inn Hotel

Roseland Inn Hotel
Ranked #21 of 944 Ho Chi Minh City B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 April 2013 via mobile

Stayed at Superior Rm at a discounted rate booked from Agoda. Although room are small (max 2 pax) but it's very clean & conducive for staying. Conveniently located within walking distance to popular place. Staff were polite & welcoming.

• Stayed: April 2013

Reviewed 1 April 2013

The room (deluxe) was spacious and clean with a nice bathroom but facing a big road. Since we were on an upper floor it was still ok but if you need more peace you should ask for a room looking backwards.
The reception team was very friendly and helpful. They arranged very quickly a nighttrain ticket from NaThrang to DaLang for us and also a "back-on-bikes-tour ".
The breakfast in a room on the ground floor wasn't anything special.
The hotel is very centrally located which is its big advantage.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2013

My husband and I arrived in Ho Chi Minh City on a long flight so we were very tired and worn out. Thankfully we had booked the hotel's airport transfer so we were at the hotel in no time. We were offered early check in for an extra 10 euro which we appreciated.

We had a suite which was nice and clean but a little threadbare and old-fashioned - the bathroom door was slightly warped so it was difficult to close. There was a lot of noise from the extremely busy road outside, despite being quite high up. Room amenities included flat screen tv, mini bar, air con, hair dryer and safe.

Breakfast was included in the price of our room but after trying the bland and greasy buffet food on our first day we decided to have breakfast every morning at the market instead.

The location was great, in an up-market area of District One, very central and in the thick of things. Lots of convenience stores, restaurants and bars nearby. Some very beautiful and colonial buildings close by.

The service was a little hit-and-miss unfortunately. Some of the staff were incredibly friendly, efficient and willing to help. We were really impressed at first. Unfortunately the evening/early morning staff were sullen and seemed almost annoyed to be asked questions. For example we planned to leave early one morning so we had a shower at 6am, only to find there was no hot water. We called down to reception and a man I'm assuming was the night manager appeared and checked the water. He said he would investigate and come back. By 7am we gave up and went downstairs to reception, where they were surprised to learn that there was a problem with the water. The hot water was restored for all the rooms later in the afternoon.

We had to leave early in the morning for our coach to Phnom Penh, so we paid the night before. When we checked out that morning we were ordered to wait without explanation, even though we had already told them we had not used anything from the mini bar and were in a hurry. They made us wait for 5 minutes, and then we were told that we had taken two bottles of water from the mini bar, which was not true - we had brought water from a local convenience store. We were extremely annoyed but paid just to be able to leave on time. The attitude of the person dealing with us was just standoffish and unmotivated. It left a bad taste in our mouths - sad as some of the staff were incredibly friendly and well-trained.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 March 2013 via mobile

The staff at the Hai Long 5 were amazing! I traveled to Vietnam with my husband and 80 year old mother in-law. My mother in-law uses a walker to assist her, HL5 has stairs (as do most hotels in Saigon) leading into the hotel. The staff was always ready to either assist her up the stairs or down the ramp into the basement elevator.
They assisted my husband and I with short overnight excursions and kept an eye on mom, as she was unable to due much traveling. actually they took very good care of her while we were gone, it allowed us to relax and enjoy Vietnam. I would like to thank Patricia, Jenny & Jessica for their excellent customer service and smiley, friendly attitudes! I would also like to thank the bellmen for all their service.
I know when I return to Vietnam I will stay at the HL5 and I absolutely recommend it to anyone traveling to Saigon (HCMC).

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 15 March 2013 via mobile

One of THE BEST hotel stays I've ever experienced. The value, rooms and location in the 1st District were enough to rate this a top value stay but in actuality it was the friendliness and attentiveness of the staff from front desk to bellboys to small kitchen staff that made a first trip to Vietnam worry free. Special thanks go to the Front Office Manager, Patricia, and her clerk, Jen, for translating, setting up excursions, taxi rides and many other events. For a full week they treated us like family and we'll always be grateful!

Tim
USA

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 10 March 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights and was not disappointed for the price. It is around the corner from the famous Caravelle hotel. Clean room with air con, complimentary water, friendly and helpful staff and private taxi arranged for transfer to airport for £5 Ish. Hai long 5 is within walking distance to the main sites if you like walking....it is very hot in HCM so getting in a cab or xe-on is also pretty cheap. All the staff speak good English and are very approachable. The breakfast was basic but enjoyable with nice coffee. The hotel recommended Kim Travel in Bui Vien to do cu chi tunnels and Mekong river tour although it is cheaper to book directly with Kim travel.
All in all, we would recommend this hotel for a central location in district 1.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 February 2013

My friends and I booked Hai Long 5 Hotel through the Air Asia website along with our flights. Straight off the bat, it was already very cheap for our 4D3N stay in HCMC. And with us being students, we were all very happy with it but bared in our minds that we might end up in a shabby hotel that hired professional photographers with extraordinary Photoshop editing skills.

Anyways, my friends and I arrived HCM at around 10.30am and reached the hotel at around 11.15am. I called in the day before as I found out the check-in time was only at 2pm. The receptionist suggested we could drop off our bags and go back to the hotel at 2pm to check-in. Fine. No problem there. But when we reached the hotel, our tired faces lit up when the receptionist told us that we could check-in early as our room was ready. It's not a big deal but it definitely made us feel very welcomed and gave us a good impression of the hotel from the get-go.

So okay, to summarize everything, here's a list of why I loved my stay at Hai Long 5 Hotel:

1. Very friendly and helpful staff.
- Miss Jenny was the one who served us the most, she was such a delight!

2. Surprisingly spacious rooms.
- There were four of us so we got a pretty big room, complete with two king size beds, a couch set and a nice, comfortable bathroom with a strong shower. But the room next door to us (probably for <2 pax) was smaller but comfortable and clean nonetheless.

3. Breakfast was pretty good.
- It wasn't amazing but rather tasty. Enough to keep all four of us quite satisfied and full as we went exploring the city.

4. Free Wifi.
- Good for googling amazing street food to try around the city! (:

5. Accessibility.
- The hotel is in District 1, which is the central urban district of the city, so we explored most of the city on foot.

I highly recommend staying in Hai Long 5 Hotel just because it made our stay there one to remember.

Two thumbs up!