“Comfortable place, cheap price, but the power is not enough”
Review of My Spa

My Spa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: My Spa is a traditional Vietnamese day spa conveniently located in District 1 of Ho Chi Minh City. We provide a full range of professional spa services including: massage, facials, waxing and nail care. My Spy uses 100% natural organic products and essential oils. Welcome to My Spa!
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I went there with my girlfd, My Spa is very big as the building has 4 floors.
I had visited the website before I went there, so i decide to pick a 90 mins body massage ( with hotstone ) which costs very cheap, about USD 20 .
However, i think the power is not enough, but the skill is good, because i fell asleep about 15 mins. As my girlfd and I share the area, two massagist kept talking loudly during the massage, it made some noise and I felt it is not professional.

It's a good place for trying !

There are newer reviews for My Spa

Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

Decided to try out my spa due to location being a quick stroll from the hotel and some reviews here. I got the basic 60 minute massage which I have to rate as one of if not the best massages I've ever had. I need a good firm pressure massage on meridian points and to realign my spine and that is exactly what I got. Completely relaxing, therapeutic, no frills massage. The cucumber face mask and lemongrass balm were beautiful touches. I could have had 90 mins but the hour was perfectly sufficient. No real privacy therapists are most likely talking about you in Vietnamese but I didn't care considering the excellent quality of the massage and the dim lighting and comfortable massage beds. I feel like I'm floating still. Will definitely go back for a massage and facial.

3  Thank pearlchampagne
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I really wanted to enjoy my experience. It seemed promising at first. The place seemed nice and cosy - dim lighting, piped in music, oriental furniture. I was hopeful. We arrived before 11am, there was no crowd so we got shown the menu and got the massage rather quickly. Later on we learn that they don't do well with crowds. More on that later. So, we picked what we wanted quickly - a 90min hot stone massage.

We were lead upstairs and even though I was told there would be a surcharge for a private couple massage, it was not private in any way. Separating the massage beds were just flimsy curtains. The beds were so close together, I could hear my neighbour's conversations. The massage itself was not too bad. Firm and the hot stones bit was rather soothing. But every so often the masseuse would ask if the pressure was ok and whatever your answer was, they would immediately make a comment to their co-worker.

After the massage, we did a manicure and this is the part I really didn't like. It's singularly my worst experience ever. First they didn't give you a scrub or a good cleaning. You get asked to soak your fingers in cold water. After trimming your nails, cuticles and filing, they ask you to pick the colour you want. But you have to go to the shelves, where they have a seat in front of, maneuver yourself between another customer and two manicurists who made no move to make way for you and stretch out to grab the bottle you want.

No base coat was used, no top coat was used. No fan or UV light was used in between coats. There wasn't even airing time in between coats. Right after they are done, they shoo you off immediately because by then there was a crowd forming and they needed the seat. So I had to stand around blowing at my nails otherwise I couldn't get the money out to pay them and leave.

Also, a lady came in to wax her eyebrows and they did it for her there and then, in the waiting area.

After a while I went to pay but the cashier was impatient, cut me off twice and had to be reminded 3 times the services I used. I'd wanted to leave a tip, as I believe the practice is but decided against it after she cut me off the first time. Perhaps it is because I didn't tip the masseuse fast enough that resulted in this crappy service?

Oh and I got a huge bruise on my back the next day.

2  Thank lfeyal
Reviewed 20 October 2013

My wife and I had double room for a 90 min hot stone full body massage. In addition to the normal massage they also did a lot of stretching which was unique. We loved it but make to tell the girls if you don't want them cracking your back.

2  Thank TheHealthyPress
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Went in with a group of friends for a spa. 4 friends 90 minute hot stone massage. This was recommended by the hotel

Friend mentioned that female masseuse pulled his underwear and let it smack back on him while giggling.

Masseuse keep talking to each other during the session. Hot stones were only placed on your lower back.

My session was ok and i felt that my masseuse paid attention to detail even though her skills were limited. The style is similar to a thai style massage where they will step and crack your bones.

I had one small carry on luggage from checking out earlier and the kept it fine during my session. After my session, i had asked kindly whether i could place it for a few more hours while i check out the local area ( little japan). The front desk lady (who was pregnant) initially said yes but changed her mind later and started grumbling and making excuses about liability issues and not willing to keep and eye.

Whats the difference between storing for 2 hours when i was having a massage and 2 hours after that?? I was no longer their customer.

1  Thank Gerald L