“Good location”
Review of Ha My 2 Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ho Chi Minh City
Ha My 2 Hotel
Ranked #270 of 458 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Bristol
“Good location”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Stayed here for a couple of nights. Great location. Didn't find the staff very helpful but I think that was because they didn't speak much English - although they arranged onward travel and a trip to the Cu Chi Tunnels with no problem. Breakfast was poor (fried egg on toast) but at least it was something to get us going in the morning. Tea/coffee making facilities and fridge in room. Large bathroom. Had to climb a flight of stairs before arriving at Reception although the staff were very helpful with our luggage. If you are wondering what currency to take with you DON'T take travellers cheques. We couldn't find a bank willing to change them and there was an ATM right next to the hotel. Take some dollars (we paid for our hotel and trips with dollars) and your card.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed 11 April 2013

Location is good, ca. 10 minutes walking to Dong Khoi, and right next to the main market
Room is nothing special: We had a deluxe room for 3 people with breakfast - and I found the value for money rather poor.
It was all clean, but the double bed had a terrible soft matrasse, where you felt every movement of the other person - I did not manage to sleep all night.
there was only a tiny room, despite having booke dhte deluxe category already.

The breakfast buffet was not impressive - a few items, often empty and the people serving in the restaurant were very unfriendly.

The service of the reception was different depending on who was working. there was one guy who was very helpful, friendly and absolutely lovely, but the girls had notonly bad english, but seemed also less interested in helping you.

I would not stay there again, I think there are better options in HCMC

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank MySunnyDays1
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 14 March 2013

A great hotel with a central location,near Ben Than markets and within walking distance of many museums,embaseys and city centre. The hotel has quite a high standard for the price and is always kept clean. The staff are very friendly and willing to help guests in any way they can. I stayed for 2 weeks and during my stay the manager downloaded some documents for me,scaned them and then sent them to Australia at no charge. When i return to Vietnam i'll be staying at the Ha My 2 Hotel in Ho Chi Minh Ciy.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor with a larger room without a window and enjoy peace and quite.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank staves_11
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 4 February 2013

Wasn't too happy with this hotel. We booked a family suite many months in advance and requested a conformation of booking a week before we arrived. All was in order. When we arrived they told us the room was not available and they had "problems" with it. We got 2 standard rooms instead. The following day I saw that the family room we had booked was being occupied by another family.. Not happy but they kept making excuses. Also our rooms constantly reeked of cigarette smoke from neighbouring rooms through the wall vents. The wireless network was non existent and we had to go to the lobby to use it and then it was veery slow. The staff were average in the friendly department. Breakfast was awful. I would not recommend this hotel. If you are looking for something better, pay a little more and you will get alot more. It was the worst hotel we stayed in during our 2 week trip from North to South and most were the same price and much better!

Room Tip: All the floors have signs saying no smoking but everybody did it anyway so if you are a non smoker...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Colmurano, Italy
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Staff was VERY pleasant and helpful, we had window facing the street on 2nd floor I would advise higher floor as we had allot of street noise. Close to many restaurants and Ben Thanh market no need for transportation.

• Stayed January 2013
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 17 January 2013

This room was kind of small and the shower curtain in the bathroom was mouldy which is a shame given that they are so cheap to replace.

The reception staff were quite nice and helpful.

The breakfast was pretty bad unfortunately. There was a very small range of options and none of them very appetizing. Also, guests constantly had to approach the staff to get clean cups or condiments or to ask for more bread or pho or eggs.

It's a pretty cheap option so go with low expectations.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Seoul
Reviewed 12 January 2013

The hotel purports to be 2 star and I'd say that's definitely all the stars it is. Undoubtedly a step up from a hostel or motel but nothing too fancy.

The hotel is quite centrally located in Ho Chi Minh's District 1, especially for shopping at the many markets located in the vicinty (Ben Tanh, Saigon Square, Jewellery market etc). The staff were friendly, the room was clean and it was a cheap place to stay (we paid $35AUD twin share a night). We also got a pretty decent kit of toothbrushes, soap, shampoo, ear buds and a comb in the bathroom. The bathroom was a proper Western-style bathroom with a real shower (enclosed) and was a fairly decent size too.

We were only there overnight so this was all fine for our purposes. Not sure I'd want to stay much longer however.

There were several downsides for me - we stayed in a twin bedroom and I specifically requested two separate single beds (because I was travelling with my brother). Despite this, when we arrived we found the bedding configuration was wrong and we were sharing a bed (a big one, but still). Also, the airconditioner fan was faulty and it made a heap of noise. The TV reception wasn't great either. The breakfast was seriously ordinary compared to other hotels of this standard I have stayed in around Vietnam and Ho Chi Minh city. It wasn't fresh and had been sitting out for a while by the time we got to it (7:00am). I felt slightly queasy after eating it. The walls in the rooms were paper thin, to the point that we could hear the people in the room next door to us and the noise from their TV etc. Minor complaints but the amenity kit didn't come with a razor and the room did not come with an iron. This could potentially be annoying if you were staying for longer than a night or two. There was also a surcharge of 3% for using credit cards to pay the room charge, which didn't bother me because I was paying in cash but this might be a downside for other people.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms (like ours) don't have windows. You can book one with a window though if this...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family