“Fantastic Experience”

Water Buffalo Private Day Tours
Ranked #9 of 379 Tours in Ho Chi Minh City
More attraction details
Owner description: Started in 2009 as a fully licensed International Tour Operator, we have specialized on private & customized day tours in and around Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City), Mekong Delta, Hoi An, Hue, Hanoi and Siem Reap. Also, we have run private and customized packaged-tours from one to five weeks throughout Vietnam and Cambodia Based in Saigon, we are experts on Mekong Delta tours(one to four days), authentic Saigon day trip, day trip to Long Tan & Nui Dat, day trip to Can Gio Ecological & Biosphere Conservation, and half-day trip to Cu Chi Tunnels Also, we have catered many cruise ships' clients who landed at several coastal ports i.e. Nha Rong (Saigon) Phu Huu, Hiep Phuoc, Phu My, Interflour, Tien Sa, Chan May,and Cai Lan (Ha Long),...
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Fantastic Experience”
Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

My best friend and I , having recently celebrated our 50th birthdays, decided on a trip around Vietnam and Cambodia and decided to arrange it through Water Buffalo Tours. From the start, email communication with the owner 'Khoi' was excellent and we soon had an itinery which included several locations, hotels, excursions, lunches and all transportation.
Having arrived at Ho Chi Minh city airport we were met by 'Ha' who stayed with us during all our days out in Vietnam which included the tunnels used by the Viet Cong, markets in the Mekong Delta unvisited by other tourists, bike rides around paddy fields, floating markets, conservation parks and much more. Having said goodbye to 'Ha' our journey to Cambodia via boat, collection, tours and hotel went very smoothly as we were met on our arrival at Phnom Penh and again at Siem Reap. Our tour guide in Siem Reap was 'Rith' who made our day of visiting temples very memorable. All hotels booked by 'Khoi' were of a high standard and the whole organisation was very professional and we always felt totally safe in their hands. I'm sure you could get this tour a bit cheaper but it is worth every penny and I highly recommend 'Water Buffalo Tours' Thanks for a great time !!!!

3 Thank toptrayder

• Thai first
Abu Dhabi
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Loved it - highlight of the trip”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I don't have anything bad to say at all so I'll give you a list of everything that I thought was good:

- 1 x driver and 1 x tour guide
- off the beaten track
- comfortable transport
- character full guide who really personalised the experience
- mix of activity - cycling, cruising.
- delicious local food spots
- totally flexible

I loved it. I would highly recommend this company. I would definitely book with them again.

5 Thank Juliet r
Paros, Greece
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Best guide in Vietnam!”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

The most relaxing and well organised tour we participated in Vietnam. We had a great time with our guide who was not only fun but very informative too. We did a 2 day Mekong Delta tour from Ho Chi Minh to Can Tho, organised perfectly as a private tour according to our requests, as we wanted to catch a plane to Phu Quoc afterwards. We visited the floating markets where we had fresh pineapples and local breakfast, Biked in small villages to see rise fields and cut our own coconut from a tree. We had a nice sea food meal and visited locals in their houses for a meal. Transfers were made with a new comfortable mini van and a safe driver. If I knew I would have booked all the way from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh with this guides.

1 Thank Vasiliki S
Santa Monica, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“The best Mekong Delta/Cuchi Tunnel Tour!”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Can't say enough good things about our Mekong Delta/Cuchi Tunnel Tour. Khoi and his team were wonderful from the start to end. I'd say it is on the more expensive side, but you get every penny worth in experiences during your time with them and barely saw another tourist. I was skeptical about pre wiring money for payment and arranged to have the deposit picked up upon arrival to Ho Chi Minh. It's safe though - I promise you. We crammed in a lot during the two day but made good use of our short time and needing to see it all. Thanks Water Buffalo! Allison & Jonah

1 Thank ARHCambridge_MA
London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“An amazing insight to Ho Chi Minh City!”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

For our first visit to Ho Chi Minh City we had limited time. We wanted to ensure that we had a memorable time seeing the locals unaffected by other tourists wherever possible. Water Buffalo Tours made this possible with the “Mekong Local For A Day” and the “Gastronomic delights of local cuisines & Real Saigon” tours. The tours over 2 days are thoughtfully planned and organised with an attention to detail and we were very well looked after by the driver and guide. Phuong, the guide was knowledgeable, with an excellent command of English and an infectious personality. She made the tours a delight
The Mekong Local trip covered a Cao Dai temple where we were the only visitors. The wonderful Can Duoc market, a furniture factory with an interesting twist and a most interesting insight into growing vegetables. We enjoyed the ride across rice fields and the sampan cruise through amazing river creeks. Lunch was a delight at Tan Thanh beach.
On our second tour, we were introduced to the local cuisine ato a range of eating places - the Du Mien coffee shop in Ho Bieu Chanh Street, the Hoa Pho restaurant in Pasteur Street and the Nha hang ngon restaurant. We would not have been able to discover these places on our own and able to cover them within a day. They were visits to the thought provoking War Remnants Museum, the Unification Hall, Notre Dame Cathederal and the Central Post Office. The climax to the day was a cyclo ride through the teaming streets – it was safe but an experience to remember!
The tours are a liitle on the expensive side but we have no regrets but many great memories of our 2 days in Ho Chi Minh City

Visited October 2013