“Cheap & for a good cause.”

Vietnamese Traditional Massage Institute
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Cheap & for a good cause.”
Reviewed 22 June 2013

For photos and other reviews visit: http://travelexpectations.wordpress.com/2013/03/19/

Lived up to expectation? No

It is cheap & for a good cause.

It is tucked away in the back streets so you need a taxi driver to take you.

The herbal steam room was fantastic. Get in straight away as they turn it on as soon as you get into your room.

Unfortunately the massage was not good - light touching - and there was no way to communicate that you want it differently.

• Korean first
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT”
Reviewed 29 May 2013 via mobile

Well, you certainly get what you pay for. I would have rather just given a donation. After being shuffled into a not very clean cubical, I had the feeling it was all a bad joke. I should have left then but.... It was for a good cause. And afterwards he asked for a tip!! The only tip I could think of was give up massaging. My wife experienced similar but also said she felt unsafe.
Please just give a donation.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank J2NewZealand
Singapore
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Pure rubbish”
Reviewed 26 March 2013

AVOID at all cost.
A friend and I were keen to support their cause and had read good reviews of other blind massage centers and thought this would be the same. Boy were we wrong.

There was absolutely no massage involved in the "massage". Basically powder was sprinkled onto me and the masseur just gently moved her hand up and down to "spread" the powder on my body. There was no strength involved and definitely no technique to speak of.

Throughout the "massage", the masseurs were very unprofessional and kept chatting, laughing and giggling to each other. Halfway through, my masseur disappeared without a word for about 5-10mins.

In conclusion, i basically paid to lie down and rest my feet in an air conditioned room.

2 Thank nibelung
U.S.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A definite must avoid!”
Reviewed 9 March 2013

My partner and I decided to get massages at the institute to support such a philanthropic endeavor. Unfortunately, though, it was a really bad idea. You have the choice of fanned or air conditioned rooms, but my parter was forced to take the latter (more expensive) for some unstated reason. No one really spoke English, which did not aid in the experience. My partner informed the ticket seller that her toe was injured and to please ensure that the masseuse notes this, but he did nothing.

After purchasing the tickets, we were separated. (Apparently, no male/female couple massages are allowed). The masseuses did not ask either of us if we had any ailments before beginning, and the entire massage was very awkward. (My partner lucked out because her masseuse did not touch her feet much, which allowed her to avoid further injury).

My massage consisted of something I can only compare to 'a thousand Indian burns,' broken up by serious scratching and some slapping. (This included striking me on the spine). The masseuse even rubbed my scalp so hard, for so long, he left multiple scratches and a serious, bleeding wound. In sum, I highly recommend you avoid this establishment.

1 Thank KhyberTrecker
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“DO NOT GO TO THIS ESTABLISHMENT, ABSOLUTELY RUBBISH.”
Reviewed 28 December 2012

Me and my fiance had a so called massage here, and was the worst ever massage I have had in my life. Granted they are blind but that shouldn't mean you should get a rubbish massage. I've had blind massuers massage me before and they were very good, but this institute is awful. They have not got a clue how to massage. I got a flimsy wishy washy massage. Theire was no real massage techniques, I should know as I am a massuer myself. Most of the hour he spent rubbing my back if you can even call it that and cupping, I mean how long do you need to do cupping for, and for the majority of the time he spent on only 1 side of my back, and hardly touched my neck. He left the room twice whilst getting my massage and was constantly talking to his friend way down the room, meaning he did not concentrate at all whilst working on me. He did not work on my whole body, and only did about a minute on my calfs, probably not even.That was it for my legs. He then turned me over to try to do some head massage techniques which was a waste of time as all he did was rub my head hard causing pain by pulling on my hair, I wish he put that amount of pressure on the rest of my body. Although very cheap its not worth the bother, could of spent that wasted money on some great food...

2 Thank 888holiday