“Average & Cheap Massage” 3 of 5 bubbles

Vietnamese Traditional Massage Institute
Kochi (Cochin), India
162 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 121 helpful votes
“Average & Cheap Massage”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

I never being to a body massage center before but i am sure this is not the professional people. 60,000 Dong for 1 hour massage is cheap and OK to spend this amount for a good cause and not for a good body massage.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Movarip

• Korean first
Salford, England, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Best £2 I ever spent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

Full body massage £2 for an hour. Probably not as hard as I'd like but what a great cause!
It's quite casual there all the masseuses are chatting to each other but I really didnt mind they all seemed happy and laughing.
Location is easy enough. Me and my partner both tipped 20k as our hotel manager says it really helps them. A pleasure to go

Visited August 2013
Howth, Ireland
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 86 helpful votes
“Mixed feelings”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

I share a lot of what the other reviewers say about the blind massage centre in Saigon. I have given it a 2 out of 5 as the massage was not very good. I am not sure what training they have but I think very little. I did enjoy interacting with the guy and there is no problem in tipping the guy 10,000 dong (like $1) as I think that supplements his income.

Tip: as someone else suggests, just make a donation and skip the actual massage.

Visited August 2012
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Cheap & for a good cause.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013

For photos and other reviews visit: http://travelexpectations.wordpress.com/2013/03/19/

Lived up to expectation? No

It is cheap & for a good cause.

It is tucked away in the back streets so you need a taxi driver to take you.

The herbal steam room was fantastic. Get in straight away as they turn it on as soon as you get into your room.

Unfortunately the massage was not good - light touching - and there was no way to communicate that you want it differently.

Visited March 2013
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013 via mobile

Well, you certainly get what you pay for. I would have rather just given a donation. After being shuffled into a not very clean cubical, I had the feeling it was all a bad joke. I should have left then but.... It was for a good cause. And afterwards he asked for a tip!! The only tip I could think of was give up massaging. My wife experienced similar but also said she felt unsafe.
Please just give a donation.

Visited May 2013