“Very impressive”

Ranked #5 of 457 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Brisbane, Australia
“Very impressive”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I stayed at Hotel Nikko as part of my honeymoon and highly recommend it.

From the airport pick-up we were treated like Kings! The hotel staff were so friendly, polite and helpful.

Of course the hotel itself is something to behold, it is absolutely beautiful inside and the rooms are fantastic. The beds are incredibly comfortable, with pillows you melt into. The view from our room was just stunning and we found it very hard to pull ourselves away from our stunning room.

The buffet breakfast is incredible, I almost got lost walking through it!

I highly recommend staying here as part of your holiday, you will not be disappointed.

For more reviews and stories from around the world visit my website: littlegreybox.net

Room Tip: Request a higher floor for a room with a view!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Hotel_Nikko_Saigon, Manager at Hotel Nikko Saigon, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your great feedback with regards to our hotel staff, guest room and buffet breakfast. We are happy to note that you enjoyed your honeymoon with us.

Your feedback not only endorses such belief and great testimony to our future guests. It also serves an inspiration to consistently maintain Nikko’s 5 star standards which we are renowned for.

We look forward to your next visit at Hotel Nikko Saigon.

Hotel Nikko Saigon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (543)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I highly enjoyed my stay in the Nikko Hotel in Saigon. The service was perfect, the rooms were brand new, luxurious and extremely well and modernly designed - very cool hotel - if it was smaller it would qualify for a Designer Boutique Hotel. The Spa was excellent and so is the pool - simple minimalistic cool modern. A highly recommendable place in Saigon.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Nikko Saigon and for taking the time to write a very inspiring review.

Delivering an enjoyable stay for our guests is one of our main goals. We are indeed proud that we have succeeded in providing perfect service and exceeded your expectations in different areas such as our rooms, spa and outdoor swimming pool.

We appreciate your recommendation to other travellers and we hope to see you again at Hotel Nikko Saigon in the near future.

Bussum, The Netherlands
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We booked 3 nights in the Nikko Saigon and we had a wonderful stay. We were upgraded to a very nice room on the 22nd floor with a very nice view over the city. The room was wonderful, the breakfast delightful and the doormen really helped us out several times with the taxi drivers who tried to rip us off, which was really annoying. The swimming pool and the Spa services were very nice too. We walked to the main touristic landmarks (Post Office, City House Opera, War Museum, Ben Thanh Market). The hotel offers a shuttle bus service, but we like to walk.

Dear Valued Guest,

Our entire team at Hotel Nikko Saigon appreciate your fantastic feedback and we are so glad to learn that you had a wonderful stay with us. We are really happy to hear that we were able to meet your expectations with our nice view room, delightful breakfast, helpful staff as well as the outdoor swimming pool and Spa service.

We look forward to the next pleasant opportunity of welcoming you once again at Hotel Nikko Saigon.

Łódź, Lodz, Poland
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Many pillows wonderful bedroom this what I loved the most. Very comfortable and clean bedroom and bathroom as well. I ate a lot because it was many choices to have on the breakfast. I spent fantastic time.Gratulation. See You next time.

Room Tip: no smoking
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your brief wonderful feedback. It is our pleasure to learn that you were impressed with our guest room particularly our comfortable pillows. We are delighted that you enjoyed our sumptuous breakfast which is a “talk of the town” in Ho Chi Minh City.

Thank you for you kind patronage and we look forward to your next visit.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Hotel Nikko has a grand entrance, very modern, beautiful bathrooms, clean rooms with everything you would need. Good Customer Service, smooth check-in/check out. Brekkie was the best that we had in 4 weeks touring Vietnam and staying in 7 hotels. Rooftop Pool was nice although the water was pretty cool. Booked day tours to the Cu Chi Tunnels and Mekong Delta with the concierge using Asiana Travelmate which was a very organised deluxe small group tour company and prices were the going rate. We ate in the Chinese Restaurant one evening and the food was excellent and reasonably priced but lacked atmosphere because it was like being in a conference room. The location for me was too far out, even though Taxi's are plentiful and cheap, it's a hassle because of the traffic.

Room Tip: High Floor with City Views.
1 Thank Vixenbird
Hotel_Nikko_Saigon, Manager at Hotel Nikko Saigon, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We are delighted to read the candid comments you wrote about Hotel Nikko Saigon.

It is very nice of you for leaving us high appraisal about our room, customer service, outdoor swimming pool, Concierge service and Chinese restaurant. On the other side, we brought to our higher management your comment about the atmosphere in our Chinese restaurant for consideration. Beside the taxi service, you can also avail our complimentary shuttle service when travelling within Ho Chi Minh City Center.

Once again, thank you for your support and we are looking forward to your next visit.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I had very high expectations of this Hotel but was let down not once, but repeatedly.

On arrival at 1.30pm, my wife and I were told that our long-booked room was not yet ready and the receptionist spent 5 minutes trying to allocate us to a new room. This turned out to be a smoking room after a non-smoking room had been requested 2 months prior via my online booking. Whilst the concierge staff greet you in a positive manner, there was no one to greet us at reception, no welcome drink and no introduction to the hotel. Definitely not 5 star service here.

The girl who issued our room card seemed very unfriendly and she gave us no explanation about the hotel or its facilities, no map or advice regarding its location and nearby/suggested restaurants or bars and attractions. She simply pointed to the lift and said what floor we were on. We didn't have a clue which part of Ho Chi Minh we were in!! A concierge staff member arrived 5 minutes after we entered our room, but no one escorted us into the lift and showed us to our room prior to our entry. At this stage we were both extremely let down, despite appreciating the fine quality of the foyer and atrium.

Inside the room on the coffee table was a welcome card addressed to the wrong person!

Soon after, I received a notification on my phone from my bank about a charge that was debited to my credit card by the hotel. The same receptionist had charged my card a figure that was much higher than the total bill owing for the duration of my stay! Whilst I understand that some hotels ask for a credit card deposit, it is always a process that is explained clearly to the guest. This girl didn't explain anything to me about what I would be charged, merely outlining that my card would be required as a form of security should we use the mini bar or similar. I was extremely angry when I learnt of this illegal act having just taken place.

We decided that enough was enough and I made my complaints known to reception about an hour later. We appreciated the duty manager coming to speak with us in person, offering us apples and chocolates as an apology. The apples were average.

The next day we relaxed at the pool for a few hours but when we wanted to order a drink there was absolutely no staff members around to take an order. When my girlfriend got up and walked to find one, that person could barely speak english and it took 20 minutes for our iced coffee to be delivered. There is a step about 2 metres between the pool and glass entry doors which is a hazard. Both my wife and I tripped on this. It is dangerous and a definite design fault. I am a construction manager in my profession and In Australia this would not be accepted. Yes it is Vietnam, but a Japanese company runs it!

The next morning we left our room for several hours, leaving the sign on the door for the room to be cleaned in our absence. Upon returning, the room still wasn't cleaned and whilst we were trying to relax in the room, the cleaner arrived and as we were planning to shower and get ready for dinner (ie requiring fresh towels) we felt left with no choice but to have the cleaner work whilst we stayed in the room. This was a burden on our privacy that should have been avoided as the room should have been cleaned in the 4 hour window we left for their staff.

When I checked out, there was barely a wink of appreciation and I was told that the 'bond' amount debited to my credit card would not be refunded for several days. It has been 5 days and I am still yet to have my funds returned.

In an Australian 5 star hotel I would expect to pay US$6 for a can of coke on room service, but not in Vietnam! We stayed in 3 other 5 star resorts and a can of coke was still only $2US. Nikko is simply a rip-off!

On a positive note the breakfast is well substantiated, fresh and of a high standard, but we were seated on a table about 20cm from another couple which detracted from what should be a relaxing time of the day. Other people seemed to be seated in more spacious areas of the dining area but we were squashed in.

The taxi service is also efficient and well organised.

My girlfriend and I feel extremely let down by this hotel and I don't think I could stay at a Nikko Hotel ever again.

For what you pay, this hotel is borderline disgraceful.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
9 Thank mjsherwin
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your detailed review.

Our Management had seriously addressed to concerned departments for rectification every single service flaw you mentioned from check-in up to the room cleaning services. On the lighter side, we have also shared with our team members your positive comments about our fresh, high standard buffet breakfast and well organized taxi service.

Once again, thank you for your honest feedback. Is it through guest like you that allow us to strive harder and improve our services maintaining 5 star standards at all times.

We hope you can reconsider staying at Hotel Nikko Saigon so we can demonstrate to you the changes for improvement we have made.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Stayed in a number of hotels and I think this one beats most!
Small upgrade on arrival to Deluxe Premium King. Slightly cheeky bell boy who decided how much his tip should be and insisted on telling us how much we'd given him in US dollars, he was lucky to get anything really.
But apart from that the rooms are of a very high standard of fixtures and fittings. The toilet is truly awesome, Japanese style with lots of electronics and a seat warmer.
Great comfy bed with feather pillows, nice view out over the city. (2027)
Staff throughout out the stay were excellent and really went out if their way to help, once we had got past a couple of booking issues.
Breakfast was perfect huge choice, fresh juices, hot section, at least on par or better than Marriott and Four seasons.
Overall really nice stay I would happily stay in this hotel again it is deserving if ever too review on trip advisor.

Room Tip: High floors give a great city view
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Av8torMatt
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review and kind appraisal. We are thrilled that you ranked us as your most favorite hotel and our food quality that is better compared with other well-known 5 star hotels in the world as you mentioned above.

We are thankful for your high appraisal about our staff. However, we are very sorry to hear the story about the bell boy. It shouldn’t be the case and we will conduct an investigation and corrective actions.

Hope to see you again at Hotel Nikko Saigon soon.