“Couldn't expect any more!”
Review of Ha My Hotel 1

and 1 more site!
Ha My Hotel 1
Ranked #402 of 459 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights!
The rooms were spotlessly clean!
The staff spoke good English and were helpful and friendly.
The location is perfectly situated in the heart if the city!
Price is very reasonable!

• Stayed: November 2012
There are newer reviews for Ha My Hotel 1

Reviewed 6 January 2013

If you want to avoid the backpackers ghetto in Saigon and are looking for a medium / budget Hotel the Ha my could be the answer. The staff is friendly, the rooms are comfortable with TV, AC, minibar and a decent bathroom. The staff has been very friendly and helpfull and the breakfast is served as a small buffet with a (limited) choice of Western or Asian style.
The street facing rooms on the lower floors can be a bit noisy so don't hesitate to go for a back room or a higher floor, the good news is that there is a lift!

Room Tip: back rooms are quieter, upper floors are good as there is a lift
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I have to disagree with the good comments here about the hotel. Yes, location is fantastic right in the middle of things but thats about it. The rooms itself is quant and cosy but our sheet had blood on it...disgusting!!!!! There was also a lot of mould in the bathroom.The woman at reception was rude, we needed our passports back to book a flight and when we asked her it was like she couldnt believe we would dare to ask for our own passports! Breakfast is awful, not worth getting up for. We asked for eggs as the ones in the buffet were freezing and we were ignored. Coffee disgusting. There are better hotels round it for price/quality.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2012

I was here with my immediate family late last year, from early to late December 2011. It was all booked through my mother back in Australia, and she is a budget-conscious kind of lady so I wasn't expecting much, especially in a developing country like Vietnam. To put it in perspective, and not compare it with any other 3-4 star hotels in the western world, it is actually quiet good! It's built in a very narrow yet upwards style, features a lot of old-school European designs, with some Asian influences. It was clean, the staff spoke servicable English, and really looked out for me and the family. Ha My 1 is very, very similar to Ha My 2 just across and down the road. I think it is managed by the same floor manager too at Ha My 2. I didn't have breakfast much there, but it was ok for me. The rooms were narrow, and we stayed in a one queen and one single set-up, with better-than-average bathrooms. We could walk around in that neighbourhood to the markets, get some local Vietnamese cuisine, and buy some merchandise. I am not a high-maintainence, or high-expectations kind of guy, and am impressed easliy, so that's why I gave this place a 5 star rating, especially from a developing country perspective. i would recommend this place to anybody.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Toan N
Reviewed 5 July 2012

I wasn't expecting much from this hotel, and that's about what I got. The previous time I visited Saigon, I stayed closer to the backpacker area, which was a bit of a walk to the sights I was interested in. So this time I chose a hotel a little closer. It's located a block away from both Benh Thanh Market and the Reunification Palace in the opposite direction.

The room was small, and adequately clean. There were at least two cockroaches in the bathroom when we checked in, however, and I eventually killed both of them. The room had no windows, so no natural light came in at all. We didn't try the breakfast, so I don't know if it was good or bad.

The staff was perfectly friendly, and put on the air of a more expensive, higher class hotel. Nearby there is a Ha My 2 and 3, which looked better from the outside at least. Maybe I would try one of those next time, but I probably wouldn't stay at Ha My 1 again. It did its job, but I think I can find better for around the same price.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a window, if possible.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank khuang82
Reviewed 11 April 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights in April 2012 and were very happy with our stay.It is very close to the Ben Thanh Market and less than ten minutes walk to the Independance Palace and War Remnants Museum.Its only a 15 min wait at Independance Palace for a free Guide so why pay for a tour?.

We had a Superior Room .It is quite spacious and nicely furnished complete with a Wi Fi Pc/,A nice size Tv with English Chanels and the usual Soap/Shampoo and Toothbrush are supplied every day along with fresh Towels and a thorough clean is given.The staff were all friendly helpful and courteous.

A mini bar is in the room but space is available for some of your own.There was also a safe in the room for valuables plus hair dryer and kettle.

The breakfast room is small so it quite often means sharing a table with two others if you are a couple and there is not a large selection on offer but ample.The lift is also 4 size(just) but is labled 8 so it must be labled for the Vietnamese market.

The Hotel is JUST across the road from SILVERLAND Hotel and Spar so is in GRAND Company.
All the helpful references to things in the area recommended by people that have stayed there also apply to the Ha My.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bruahy
Reviewed 17 March 2012

Pros:
Great staff, good price, 1 minute walking from the ben than market, silent room, aircon and hot shower working fine.
the staff even helped me buying a medicine late at night (their staff bought it and gave it to me in the room).

Cons:
Very small lift and a very small breakfast room (just a few tables).

• Stayed: March 2012