“Excellent services, Great staff”

Saigon Europe Hotel
Ranked #81 of 462 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed 7 December 2011

My wife and I stayed at this hotel last Oct. The hotel is centrally located. There are a lot of restaurants, bars, tour operators around here. We paid USD32 for a stadard room. We got everthing we need in the room, big flat screen TV, PC, stable wifi, lovely fruit basket. The staff are very friendly and smart. Special thanks to Ms Ly who works at the tour desk to help us organise tours, plane tickets and transfers. We highly recommend this hotel to those who are interested in staying in the backpakers area. We definitely come back.

Room Tip: Chose the back rooms for quiteness.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Can P

Reviewed 7 December 2011

It doesn't have 800-thread count sheets, but the beds were quite comfortable and we woke up rested. The lobby is not grand and opulent, but the staff were friendly, very helpful and efficient. In the room, one can hear the beeps and horns of the motorbikes and taxis out on the street, and the cocks crowing in the morning, but the air-conditioning was wonderful, there was plenty of storage space with a small safe, and universal electrical outlets that would accommodate almost any type of plug, and the bathroom had amenities like shaving kits.

For the price, you get incredible value at this little gem. The rooms differ mostly just by size, and it's not a splurge to go for the deluxe room - you'll appreciate the extra space. The one minor problem we had was that although we'd booked a deluxe room, they did not have one ready when we checked in, and put us in a much smaller superior room. We like our space so that was not the best introduction. Also, all rooms have a frosted window through which hallway light spills in at night. So if you like completely dark room, you might have to hang a towel over this window.

I'd originally tried to book one of the Beautiful Saigon hotels, but they were full and directed me to this place, their latest addition. The small staff were incredibly attentive and helpful, at reception, arranging miscellaneous details, at breakfast, etc. Their knowledge of English is very good, so any complications are sorted out quickly. Don't let the accent put you off, after a day or two you'll become used to it. My wife couldn't come down to breakfast one day, so they very kindly packed up a yogurt and a breakfast sandwich to take up to her.

We liked that they let us leave some bags with them while we traveled elsewhere for a few days. They will do that even if you're not returning to stay with them.

On our second date there, I thought I'd lost my passport wallet, with a lot of money and other cards in it. I knew for sure I'd last seen it at the hotel, so I was disappointed when noone could find it. But, it turned out that I'd locked it in the safe and forgotten it when we switched rooms. When we returned to the hotel a few days later, they had found it and were storing it for me. You can imagine my relief!

When I return to Ho Chi Minh City, I'll return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a deluxe room, it's only a few dollars more than the superior room, but you get a lot mor...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank faura
Reviewed 5 December 2011

We were sent to this hotel after our hotel (Graceful Saigon) couldn't book us another room for the night (The Saigon hotels are a chain of hotels). We were told it would be $22 a night at this hotel which was fine with us. We were escorted there from around the street corner and into the room. The place was clean and nice. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Close to the markets restaurants and pubs. It was a great place to stay until checkout.

On checkout, I was informed our room was not what we were told earlier but more at $32. After talking with the "manager" and the "manager" of the referring hotel for about 15 minutes they gave us a discount of 2 dollars to make it an even 30. No I did not mistake 32 for 22 due to accents as I double checked the amount was 22 when we got to the hotel.
They also misplaced our passports in another rooms folder which was a little unsettling when the front desk tried to find them.

Nice place but didn't like being lied to so for that we will not recommend this place.

4  Thank PandC529
SaigonEuropeHotel, Manager at Saigon Europe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2011

Thank you so much for your stay with our hotel chains during your visit to Hochiminh city and your time for feedback on our services. I am glad that you are happy with Graceful Saigon hotel. In the Graceful Saigon hotel, we have 3 type of rooms ( standard double : US$22/room/night; Superior double : US$28/room/night; Deluxe double : US$33/room/night ). We are sorry that we do not have standard room available for your return. That is why we have recommended you to our new Saigon Europe hotel. In the Saigon Europe hotel, we have 4 room types ( Standard : US$34/room/night; Standard plus : US$38/room/night; Superior : US$42/room/night; Deluxe : US$50/room/night ). There should be a misunderstanding in communication caused by our staff's English. I highly appreciate your reviews and have ordered staff to have signed form for guests on check - in to make sure that they get the right room type and agreed price. I am sure that the similar issues will not happened in the future to other guests. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused and looking forwards to receiving you to our property chains on your return to Hochiminh city.

Sincerely yours,
Mr Dzung Trinh - General Director

Reviewed 4 December 2011

Receptionist are friendly and patient to help us. The room has a computer that we can run business at hotel and have close contract with my family. The rooms are also pretty and comfortable. The breakfast is served okay. In general, this hotel is such a best hotel in Ho Chi Minh City. I will suggest my partners come and stay in this hotel.
P/s: the lady in the front desk are willing to help us everything through the trip.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Jack K
Reviewed 26 November 2011

This hotel is located right in the heart of the Backpackers area. It is a short walk to all the main sites and markets- yet the nightlife and restaurants are literally right on your doorstep! The rooms are incredibly clean and the beds are very comfortable. We did find this hotel to be a little bit more pricey then what we had wanted to pay but we have been extremely happy with the room itself. The service of the hotel staff has been also amazing. The tour lady at the front desk was more then happy to help us book our entire stay to Phu Quoc, as well as the tunnel and Mekong Delta tour. Any questions we bombarded her with- she was more then happy and patient to help us out! The only downside of staying in a hotel right in the heart of the action is the noise. I suppose it is difficult to get away from the noise anywhere in Saigon. Our 1st night we had the standard room which faced the main street- it was so loud I dont like think I slept at all. The following day we requested a room transfer and we were put into a room farther in the back of the hotel. This was a huge relief! Even though you can slightly hear the noise from the streets it was so much better then the original room. I would highly suggest this hotel if you are looking for a place to rest your head that is clean. friendly and within a short distance of all the fun! Great stay and I will definately be back!!

Room Tip: If you are looking for a room that is a little more quiet make sure you ask for a room near the back...
1  Thank TheOnlyGendy
Reviewed 23 November 2011

All the staff at this hotel were very helpful and friendly, The lady on the tour desk was very good and helped us a lot with day trips and general travel advice .The receptionist was still smiling and friendly after I had accidentally locked myself out of the safe for a second time and she had to come up and open it for me. The room was large and well appointed with flat screen TV, personal computer and comfortable twin beds. Bathroom was a good size and well equipped. We stayed on the 4th floor and had no issues with noise. Breakfast was basic but good. Wi-Fi was fast and reliable. This was our first hotel in Vietnam and has also been the best even though some of the others we have stayed at have been more expensive.

Room Tip: Higher floors will have less street noise.
1  Thank Flying-Uke
Reviewed 18 November 2011

i loved the location, not far from the local attractions, best part for me was the nightlife just at my doorstep literally. cheap, extremely clean & neat also because its new. Hotel staff are friendly, free breakfast was good too. Good place to stay, but if you are not into nightlife and need a good rest at night, you might want to reconsider due to the noise.

2  Thank jo y