“Good Value”

Saigon Europe Hotel
Ranked #92 of 459 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed 1 September 2014

I was travelling with my boyfriend mid August and it was our first time in Vietnam. They greeted us with umbrellas and big smiles during the rain. Right away they offered us 2 choices-our regular room booking and an upgraded room for $10 more a night. We decided to go with the upgrade. The room was clean and much bigger than the first room we saw. The first room didn't have a window and was a little boxy but you'll see alot of these types of rooms in Vietnam due to the structure of the buildings being very narrow.

My only complaint was that the bath tub/ shower leaked all over the floor. Not a huge annoyance. At first, it didn't come equipped with a shower curtain but they were very attentive to our needs and put one up right away. It's not in the middle of the backpacker's district but very close. So if you want quiet -this isn't for you. But if you want to be close to the action then it's a good spot. I would recommend bringing ear plugs because it's really noisy.

Room Tip: You might want a room with windows so consider upgrading. Remember to bring ear plugs if you are a l...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sarah W
There are newer reviews for Saigon Europe Hotel

Reviewed 30 August 2014

Hi readers.
I only had one week to secure my visa, book my flight, and arrange accommodation before attending a friend's wedding in Saigon. (Talk about cutting it fine).
Second time in Saigon, this time , at short notice, I chose The Saigon Europe Hotel. A very good choice. The staff were exceptionally helpful.Winnie (Wonderful smile) at reception gave great personal security advice as did Miss Ly... Miss Ly was really helpful helping to arrange day tours as well. My double room 202, (All to myself) was serviced daily, and very clean. No window, away from the street front, no noise from the street or clubs. Breakfast was great,Miss Phoung, and Miss Huong gave great friendly service, The three guys who looked after the front door also friendly and helpful. The Saigon Europe sure felt like my home away from home. Sad to leave after spending seven nights there.
Many thanks to you all for a wonderful place to stay.

Room Tip: At night I could hear (faintly) disco type noise, so I reckon rooms away from the front of the hotel...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank pbroboy
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Having never been to Saigon before, I had to select a hotel based purely on online reviews, and as there are so many in the mid range price bracket, this wasn't easy. However, I was more than happy with my choice, as it offered me everything I needed for a short stay in the city. Great central location (although it was a little noisy early hours of the morning), nice staff, very clean and comfortable room. The only thing that I would really pick as being a problem was the bath / shower. They had not bothered to seal between the bath tub and the wall, which meant that every time you had a shower, water would run down the wall, under the bath and flood the floor.

Room Tip: Select a room on the upper floors with a window at the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Shane W
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Stayed at Saigon Europe for two days on our way home from Cambodia and Vietnam.

Pro's: very clean, staff are very friendly and helpful (Ms Ly kindly talked us through where to go, how to get there and gave us all sorts of tips that made our excursions easy), and very close to the backpacker pub street/ scene.

Con's: when we arrived, electricity was down so we didn't have elevator access. This wasn't an issue however as Ms Ly arranged for our bags to be brought up to our room once electricity was restored later that day.

I would certainly recommend your stay if you're looking for a cheap, modern facility for your stay.

Room Tip: Higher up, the better. Ask for a room upgrade if you haven't been gifted one already. Definitely...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David N
Reviewed 17 August 2014

This hotel is in the best location in District 1 backpacker's area. You will be right in the heart of the action and walking distance to the market and museums. The room was spotless, the wifi was great, and the staff went above and beyond to help with anything and everything! I will be staying here again the next time I visit Ho Chi Minh City and recommending to everyone. Thank you, Saigon Europe!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Josef O
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

The title says so. Hotels in a perfect location(in De tham st) but it was very very noisy. And slow WiFi too. Except that, it was good. The lady at the counter was kind and friendly. We were new and know nothing at all, but it wasnt a big problem because they tried to tell us about the surroundings. Also, breakfast was tasty.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Jean C
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Great service, Had some difficties with our planning. Nice room with own computer And the breakfast Was realy nice! Good value for Money! Next To All the bars, Good location for young people.....................

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple