See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 November 2015

I was having trouble living in the scam hotel in Saigon for one night and accidentally reached this hotel after my Cu Chi tunnel evening tour's drop. I asked the rate and availability and my problems at that particular hostel called Blossom Hostel. This hotel receptionist in the evening arranged a security guard to follow me to that horrible place to carry my bag and arrange the perfect room for me. I am very grateful towards this receptionist girl and security guard to go extra mile to help its customers. The room is also decent for its value. Plus it's in the centre of the town and therefore it's easier to commute. I won't be able to finish my Saigon tour and get to so many places if I don't choose to stay here as hotel is right in the middle of the tourist place with value for money. Yet, They have about 3 other hotels and so need to tell the taxi drivers where you are going ( opposite to A &EM hotel). I really love this place for its value for money and staff's helpfulness. It makes my miserable Saigon trip due to the horrible arrangement with aweful hotel from another place to wonderful trip. I am coming back here again with my family.

Room Tip: Ask for the hotel address to commute around as they have other about 2 or 3 sub hotels
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 October 2012

We stayed here twice and both times were lovely. The hotel is quite impressive for a budget hotel in the centre of HCMC. The staff was very helpful and friendly - always smiling and willing to help.

You definitely get your money's worth here!

The room is simply decorated with a TV, fridge, AC, breakfast and a large comfy bed. Bathroom is very nice for a budget hotel.

Location is fantastic - a two minute walk to the Ben Thanh Market. It is also a 5 minute walk (not counting the crossing of the roads! :) ) to the main area for bars and restaurants. This means that you are away from the hustle and bustle of the busy streets and can get a good sleep at night.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 September 2012

We stayed at the Ha Hien 2 during our time in Ho chi Minh. The rooms were clean but the walls were paper thin. In the morning, you could hear children running around which was annoying. The rooms are cleaned regularly with new towels and sheets. The is 24 hour security which was nice. The night staff is very friendly. The day staff, not so much.

We booked our tours through the hotel, but if you go next door the same tours are actually cheaper (there is another hotel beside the Ha Hien). Our one tour was not booked properly and the hotel was suppose to give us a refund. They did, however we are pretty sure they showed us the price of a different tour so that they wouldn't have to refund us as much as we were suppose to get. We were too tired to argue.

The staff is not very friendly, except when you tell them that you would like to stay two more nights. Then suddenly, they are your best friends.

Airport pick up is $25 US dollars, but you can get it much cheaper in a Cab. Make sure you take either Vinasun or Malinh cabs. They wont rip you off or take you to the wrong hotel. Both cab companies are hanging out outside the hospital, just look for them, they are there. Don't take a private taxi, and don't feel like you are offending anyone if you refuse them. They will try to pretend they are "malinh" cabs, but make sure the car is green and says the label on it!

The location is good, you are very close to the markets and the other backpacker area. However, you are not directly in the backpacker area, you have to walk down the street. We were OK with this because we didn't want it to be too loud.

There is a Western breakfast in the morning which is pretty good. They have eggs, toast, fruit and coffee/tea.

Room Tip: Try to request a room that is not near the elevator. The walls are paper thin and you will hear everything.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Andie R
Reviewed 2 September 2012

Nice hotel, spacious, modern and convenient. Room was fine and clean, no bath but a big shower cabin. Breakfast is in the back of the large lobby, which can be crowded. Friendly staff. Close to Ben Thanh Market and to the Art Musum.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank FvanHassel
Reviewed 15 July 2012

This is a very functional, bright, clean hotel in District 1, within easy walk to most of the major sights of Saigon.

The rooms are nice and the breakfast buffet was pretty good. The staff were polite and helpful. We paid around $33 in June, and would use this hotel as a base on return to HCMC.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple