“Splendid in one word”
Review of Au Lac II Hotel

Au Lac II Hotel
Ranked #158 of 466 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed 13 December 2013

We found this hotel around the corner from the Palace Hotel which was so dissapionting and we landed really lucky this is quite a new hotel the rooms were lovely and clean staff are so helpful breakfast very good and the decor was realy modern could not fault one thing and the price was very reasonable I am going back next year so I will stay there,,Yours Sincerely Isabella

Room Tip: I think they are all good we had a superior room and we were very happy with it..
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 10 November 2013

I usually reside at Riverside due to the proximity to hydrofoil terminal. Thought of giving Au Lac II Hotel a try as it is slightly further but still within walking distance. This is a new hotel along a busy street, much like those you'd find near Ben Thanh market where a taller building protrudes in the midst of a line of low lying ones.
Lobby is very presentable and the staff has good command of English, and they are very professional. I reserved a Superior Room via agoda as the room looked great from the pictures. Was pleasantly surprised when I entered the room as it had two queen size beds partially separated by a wall, with a TV facing each bed. The walls and decor are tastefully done up... and bathroom flawless. Upon verifying with the reception later, I was told they ran out of Superior Rooms hence transferring me to a Family Room instead (for those thinking of family vacation can take a look at the pics if the room is up to your liking), I felt very blessed.
One thing though, the pillow might be a bit hard for me, but I will say it's definitely above average hotel for a business traveller and at a reasonable rate.
The area has lots of options for food if you are willing to walk around. At one end of the street you'll find Pho 24 and at the end you'd find an old shop with stalls selling Vietnamese food such as baguettes etc.
Buffet breakfast is more of Asian fanfare, not a wide variety but I have no complaints... I know where I'll be staying on my next visit.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank stomiye
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We spent 6 nights here with our son in a Family Suite and thoroughly enjoyed it. The room & bathroom were beautifully appointed and spotless. Linens were great. Our room was cleaned daily & plenty of bottled water provided. The service was excellent - the staff were friendly and eager to please. The hotel is well located with most of the sights within 10 to 15 mins walk. Plenty of great restaurants, cafes etc., close by.

Room Tip: The Family Suite was roomy. We got a look in some of the others and they looked to be of a similar q...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Annette R
Reviewed 3 May 2013

This hotel is new and very nicely decorated. Our room was spacious with all the amenities and a very nice tub in the bathroom. Its in a great location, easy walking distance and a plus was there is a brand new tall tower (sky view?) which serves as a great landmark to help you get back when walking around. Its easy to get lost in Sai Gon, the place is huge! The breakfast buffet was awesome - great variety both western and vietnamese. This was part of a package tour, so can't comment on the cost.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sharon B
Reviewed 6 April 2013

The location of the hotel is in District 1, just opposite the Bitexco (the tallest building in HCMC). I must admit the location is not bad. It may not be very close to the Ben Thanh market but it is still within walking distance.

I stayed in the deluxe room. Room size is average though the toilet is a bit small. I had some problem with the water heater and bathtub but it was quickly solved by the staff. Not much of a view from my room. Think it faced a building under construction on the size.The buffet breakfast provided was great with quite a good variety of local and western food.

Although it is a 3-stars hotel but for the price I paid, I think this is a great deal.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank genleorus
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Highly recommend this hotel for the reasonable price, and warm services from their staff. Some-more easy walking around the city where skydesk will always be the direction leading you back to the hotel without asking around as the local don't really speaks English.

Besides, local street food, convenience store can easily been search right close besides the hotel. If you're joining any tour from their local tourist and is late from the sleep, you can always ask for the staff to call u a cab while you enjoying your breakfast.

The hotel is quite new so do cleaniness is great too where the lady will always clean everything that we left over.

Room Tip: No worries on any streets sound. Pictures that we got online is exactly the same, so go for it!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 January 2013

this hotel caters to bus tours. We arrived and had no room they sent us to another Au Lac which was older. The staff were good but the hotel lacked character.and the lobby was always full of luggage and people waiting to get on tour buses.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple