“good stay, but compact family room” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Au Lac II Hotel

Au Lac II Hotel
Ranked #129 of 448 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
brisbane
“good stay, but compact family room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

we stayed in a family room for 2 nights about $120 US each night. The room was quite compact and I wouldn't want to stay much longer with a family because I would like a little more space. Our room had 2 tv's, but only one remote which operated both. Because the room was so small you couldn't really have both TV's on because the noise overlapped, unless you were both watching the same channel. The breakfast was very good, a buffet with variety. The staff were good as was the location. Our room on the 8th floor was quiet.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank tim3513

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

As people have said this hotel has some good points - fairly quiet, good position, clean and our room was spacious with a comfortable mattress. Breakfast pretty good, too, however throughout our 3 day stay we never had water warmer than tepid to wash in! The worst thing though was that, on our last night I was awoken by someone repeatedly trying to get into the room! He finally gave up and must have gone back to reception as 5 mins later he just walked into the room with a member of staff. No apology, just quite a lot of shouting from the guy (although I felt it should have been us doing the shouting)!! No-one in the hotel seemed very concerned about the incident either!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank WendyA7
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

We found this hotel around the corner from the Palace Hotel which was so dissapionting and we landed really lucky this is quite a new hotel the rooms were lovely and clean staff are so helpful breakfast very good and the decor was realy modern could not fault one thing and the price was very reasonable I am going back next year so I will stay there,,Yours Sincerely Isabella

Room Tip: I think they are all good we had a superior room and we were very happy with it..
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

I usually reside at Riverside due to the proximity to hydrofoil terminal. Thought of giving Au Lac II Hotel a try as it is slightly further but still within walking distance. This is a new hotel along a busy street, much like those you'd find near Ben Thanh market where a taller building protrudes in the midst of a line of low lying ones.
Lobby is very presentable and the staff has good command of English, and they are very professional. I reserved a Superior Room via agoda as the room looked great from the pictures. Was pleasantly surprised when I entered the room as it had two queen size beds partially separated by a wall, with a TV facing each bed. The walls and decor are tastefully done up... and bathroom flawless. Upon verifying with the reception later, I was told they ran out of Superior Rooms hence transferring me to a Family Room instead (for those thinking of family vacation can take a look at the pics if the room is up to your liking), I felt very blessed.
One thing though, the pillow might be a bit hard for me, but I will say it's definitely above average hotel for a business traveller and at a reasonable rate.
The area has lots of options for food if you are willing to walk around. At one end of the street you'll find Pho 24 and at the end you'd find an old shop with stalls selling Vietnamese food such as baguettes etc.
Buffet breakfast is more of Asian fanfare, not a wide variety but I have no complaints... I know where I'll be staying on my next visit.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank stomiye
Bunbury, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

We spent 6 nights here with our son in a Family Suite and thoroughly enjoyed it. The room & bathroom were beautifully appointed and spotless. Linens were great. Our room was cleaned daily & plenty of bottled water provided. The service was excellent - the staff were friendly and eager to please. The hotel is well located with most of the sights within 10 to 15 mins walk. Plenty of great restaurants, cafes etc., close by.

Room Tip: The Family Suite was roomy. We got a look in some of the others and they looked to be of a similar q...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Annette R
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2013

This hotel is new and very nicely decorated. Our room was spacious with all the amenities and a very nice tub in the bathroom. Its in a great location, easy walking distance and a plus was there is a brand new tall tower (sky view?) which serves as a great landmark to help you get back when walking around. Its easy to get lost in Sai Gon, the place is huge! The breakfast buffet was awesome - great variety both western and vietnamese. This was part of a package tour, so can't comment on the cost.

Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sharon B
Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2013

The location of the hotel is in District 1, just opposite the Bitexco (the tallest building in HCMC). I must admit the location is not bad. It may not be very close to the Ben Thanh market but it is still within walking distance.

I stayed in the deluxe room. Room size is average though the toilet is a bit small. I had some problem with the water heater and bathtub but it was quickly solved by the staff. Not much of a view from my room. Think it faced a building under construction on the size.The buffet breakfast provided was great with quite a good variety of local and western food.

Although it is a 3-stars hotel but for the price I paid, I think this is a great deal.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends