“Great City Tour of Ho Chi Mihn City” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ann Tours

Ann Tours
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: We specialize in custom tours throughout east Asia including Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, Myanmar, Nepal, India and China. Our services include touring, internal air tickets, visas and other travel related services. We look forward to helping you plan your next memorable vacation.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Great City Tour of Ho Chi Mihn City”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

Went With Ann Tours based upon excellent feedback from Trip Advisor -- happy to say the feedback is accurate. Scheduled tour with Tony via e-mail. He responded quickly and provided all the relevant information (the tour, guide name, telephone numbers, opportunities to vary, etc,). After paying my deposit, I had to shift a day due to illness. As they already had my money they could have simply said no -- but they immdiately changed the date with no fuss or problem.

As for the tour, while Ho Chi Mihn City lacks some of the charm of Hanoi, Mr. Vu had a great program -- we hit all the important sites and he shared his knowledge of the important history behind them. While the tour was very organized, they were always flexible and able to accomodate my specific requests.

If you want a private guided tour that is both organized and flexbile, these guys fit the bill.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank FlyerLawyer
Ann_Tours_Travel, General Manager at Ann Tours, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Hi Flylawyer,

Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback on Tripadvisor. I'm glad you got to enjoy our service in Ho Chi Minh City. We hope next time you have more time we will have an opportunity to show you the rest of Vietnam and S.E Asia.

Bangkok, Thailand
“Excellent service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

Tony's service as a tour organizer was more than we could expect. We thank him for an unforgettable family reunion trip of 10 full days in Vietnam and Siem Reap. Tony deserve his excellent reputation!
Naomi Mayer

Visited November 2013
Ann_Tours_Travel, General Manager at Ann Tours, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Hi Naomi,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a positive review on TA. I'm glad we were able to make this special family reunion a memorable one.

We hope we will be able to have another opportunity to show your friends and family our beautiful corner of the world.

Wishing all of you good health and happy travels.

Newport, Vermont
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“Excellent quality of service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

We booked a 16 day private tour with Ann Tours, staring in Hanoi and ending in Saigon, visiting Ha Long Bay, Hoi Ann and Hue. The quality of service of Ann Tours is excellent, Tony responds to emails rapidly and fixes things when something is not as planned. The tour guides accompanying us on the tour spoke good English and provided insightful stories on the culture and history of Vietnam.

Something to consider when booking a tour with Ann Tours is the hotels. We did make some rather unpleasant experiences with some of the hotels, which Ann Tours booked for our tour. Thus a word of advise when you book a private tour is to carefully check the hotel reviews. Another thing to consider, based on our experience, is that all the locations Ann Tours suggested for our tour were swamped with tourists! Go beyond the tourist traps, a mistake we made when we booked our tour. I would imagine that Vietnam has more to offer than the overcrowded tourist sites.

Visited November 2013
Ann_Tours_Travel, General Manager at Ann Tours, responded to this review, 30 November 2013
Hi Peter,

Thank you for taking them time to give us your feedback on Trip Adviser. I appreciate your feedback so we can further improve our services. We will review the hotels that did not meet your expectations and find alternatives for future use.

We hope we will have an opportunity to organize a memorable and improved trip for you in the near future.

Portland, Oregon
3 attraction reviews
“Absolutely outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

We were a group of 3 couples on a 2 week Vietnam tour combining sightseeing and biking. Having our own guide and driver for just the 6 of us was perfect. The guides in each city were very knowledgeable with excellent English, and fun people to be with. We had a pre-arranged itinerary, but were in Hue/HoiAn right when Typhoon Haiyan was expected to head directly our way. Tony very quickly arranged new flights and a new city for us to visit. After flying out to Hanoi however, the typhoon changed course and Tony was able to reschedule us back on our original itinerary, with another additional flight. He somewhat apologetically asked us to pay half of the 2 additional flights, and did not charge us anything additional when he had to upgrade us to a beautiful and private 5 star boat for our Ha Long Bay cruise. (Our planned boat had been damaged in the storm).
In addition, I had developed some leg problems just prior to the trip and arrived towing a wheelchair for times of extended walking, and was unable to do the bike riding. All of the guides and drivers dealt with the wheelchair without any hint of complaint, and were able to find motor scooters and drivers for me for all the biking, so I could go on all of the bike trips. (The Vietnamese guards at Ho Chi Minh's tomb carried me in the wheelchair up and down the flights of stairs. Even they couldn't keep a straight face!)
I would highly recommend this very professional tour company even if everything had gone smoothly as planned. But with a typhoon and wheelchair and motor scooter needs thrown in at the last minute, they were really put to the test. And they were truly outstanding!

Visited November 2013
Ann_Tours_Travel, General Manager at Ann Tours, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Hi Christine,

Thanks for sharing your experience about us on Trip Advisor. It was a hair raising experience with Typhoon Haiyan. The storm tested our emergency preparedness. We are just glad all you got to see our beautiful country through all that.

Thank you for your help in sharing the extra cost. I'm glad you liked the private junk we upgraded.

Looking forward to designing another exciting (not too hair raising) experience through east Asia in the near future.

Torino, Italy
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Outstanding services”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

This is a little bit late review but I cannot avoid to do it. My husband and I visited Vietnam and Cambodia last August. We spent 2 weeks from Hanoi to Mekong Delta. Then we visited Siem Riep and all his marvelous temples. We asked for a private tour. We choose Ann Tours from a couple of travel agencies in Vietnam. From the beginning to the end, Tony and his crew were exceptional, receptive, reliable…
Tony scheduled everything and it was just perfect for us…timing, hotels, sightseeing, guides, vehicles …It was outstanding. They are very professional. They really know their job. Guides he provided are resourceful.
One thing important I want to say is when I asked quotations from travel agencies, I noticed that the cheapest is not the best because once you ask for any upgrade, they get really pricy!!! The price Tony gave was fair enough to make me choose his proposal.
Thank you again Tony. Our stay in Vietnam was unforgettable.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank faraRandria
Ann_Tours_Travel, Owner at Ann Tours, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Hi Fara. Thanks so much for your review. We take a lot of pride in creating a custom trip to your interests. We were able to arrange for you to meet an American Archaeologist working on the restoration of the Angkor ruins in Cambodia. I'm glad you enjoyed the visit.

I hope we will have a chance to customize another trip in east Asia for you and your husband in the near future.

Warm regards,