“Good choice”

Ranked #120 of 457 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Singapore, Singapore
“Good choice”
Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

Very satisfied with our 2N stay in this hotel. GOOD CHOICE!
- walking distance to shopping area (Saigon Square 2, Vincom Centre);
- near to Opera house, Saigon Post Office, Notre Dame Cathedral etc;
- the rooftop bar is very cozy and we enjoy sipping margaritta (happy hour favorite) after a long day of walking;
- the room is spotless clean and spacious
- helpful staff providing direction and information of places we want to go; they even warn us we should always take Vinasun taxi only;
- read some not so good review on the buffet breakfast; but we find the selection adequate (western, asian - sushi, porridge etc, Pho etc)
PS: My Spa is just round the corner!

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank sgmunchies

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Bristol
Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

Our first impression when we walked into the lobby was a smell of cigarette smoke. We realised this was because there is a coffee shop off the lobby where smoking is allowed. The rooftop bar was pleasant, until a smoker turned up. They gave us vouchers for a free beer in the rooftop bar and coffee or tea in the coffee shop, but we were put off using them by the smoke. Breakfast was ok, but felt it catered more to Asian tastes. Sometimes the tea was very weak, and I did not manage to get eggs other than a solid boiled egg kept on a hot plate or an omelette. The coffee was very good though! And they had some very nice brown bread if you arrived at the right time.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
London
Reviewed 16 January 2014

We were not expecting much of Nhat Ha 3 as it was so reasonably priced and were therefore pleasantly surprised. We only stayed one night but would use it again. It is well-located near numerous restaurants and our room was enormous, with a decent bathroom. There is free wifi and breakfast was quite good (compared to other similarly priced or more expensive hotels we have stayed in in Vietnam).

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I cannot echo the sentiment of the previous reviewer any more. The front desk, particularly, the manager was horrible. Two one star ratings definitely shows a trend.

I travel frequently and have had varying experiences with hotel staff all over the world and none have been worse than the one at Nhat Ha3.

Pros: Decent facilities, it's what you expect for the price point
Cons: Construction throughout the morning, hotel staff lied about construction (stated that it would not continue and then next morning said they never issued such a statement), made false promise to change rooms, refused to release me from the contract despite the impossible conditions.

If you are looking to enjoy your vacation, I would recommend a different hotel. The construction is way too heavy, and the staff has proven to be unaccommodating in any event.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank mba_traveler2013
Guangzhou, China
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Checked in at around 9:pm after 6 hours bus ride from Mui Ne on Nov26.
Room 402 to me is just besides the lift,and traffic noise can be heard from window.So I checked with front desk for a more quiet room and was send to 807 but told me it will be very noisy from 7:30am to 8pm as construction work outside.While I think I will get up at that time so I take it as it is at the back of building and almost no traffic noise. But just 2 MINUTES later after a second thought, I would like to see rm 402 again as I think I maybe need more sleeping time after a long tired bus trip.
Then one of ladies at the front desk losed temper,and said nothing can done as I already made decision to stay at room 807,and their computer system already set and can't change,and the boss will punish her for further changing etc.
This is rediculous and incredible.
I don't touch anything in the room nor using anything in the room.Yes,I want to see the room 402 again but it is only 2 minutes after I stayed in room 807.So I asked the front desk why is it trouble for her to change the room.And she says that I am the one who makes trouble.
How can a working staff in the hotel saying something like that?
This is incredibly rude and unacceptable.I told her I want to cancel all my booking and stay somewhere else but was told no refund as booking from Agoda already made.
Finally,I stayed at room 402 and use some tissues in helping close the windows tightly and block the traffic noise from outside.
And the doorman pretends don't see me and let me open the gate myself when I return from dinner outside.Well,I do pay you tips when I check in to bring my small suitcase in room,right?
And look at the room,it is old fashion designed and outdated layout,I payed for 91 dollars/night but get much better room and services at US$50 in other 3 star hotel in HCM.
I stayed 4 nights at Cliff resort and residence in Mui Ne,this is like from heaven to hell.
Before to Mui Ne,I stayed 2 nights at Silverland Central HCM for 50 dallors/night and get a much happier experience.While after 4 nights great stay at Mui Ne I decide to pay more in HCM and choose this hotel to stay,what a bad decision.
Checked out the 2nd morning ASAP after getting confirmation from Agoda concelling 2nd day booking.The manager apologized to me but it is too late.No chance to return even if it is free of charge.

Room Tip: see the room with my photo with price US$91/night
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Wei-gz
Manchester
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Very nice hotel located in the old town, within walking distance of the Opera house, night markets and lots of bars and restuarants. Rooms were clean and large, staff very friendly. Breakfast was vary varied with hot pancakes, omlettes etc.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank LostInSpaceMan
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 November 2013

As a regular visitor to Saigon and having stayed in several hotels in Saigon over the past 8 years, the Nhat Ha 3 Hotel offers excellent value for money, the hotel is in a great location for access to many local restaurants, bars and shops and in the evening the streets around the hotel are quiet with limited traffic noise.The hotel has its own bar on the 12th floor which is used mostly by residents and normally quiet but with good friendly staff, the bar area also has a great view over the city. The hotel has recently had its second anniversary so everything is relatively new.
They are currently building an extension to the hotel to add extra rooms and a swimming pool which will allow the hotel to be upgraded to 4 star.
I stay in the deluxe rooms which have a double and single bed, rooms on the higher floors allows a view over the Saigon river, the rooms are large and comfortable.
This hotel is probably best suited for people on business or couples rather than families with young children.

Room Tip: The deluxe rooms on floors 8 to 11 have a good view.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business