“Comme ci, comme ça”

The Sinh Tourist Day Tours
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Although not entirely reliable, my experience in Vietnam favored Sinh Tourist over other agencies. There were the usual problems with overcrowded tours, switching buses in the middle of the tour (with some people getting lost), and lateness. On the other hand, their buses were better and cleaner than others, their offices provided better service for foreign tourists, and their guides made a greater effort in the job. Our tour of the Củ Chi tunnels in Ho Chi Minh City was by far the best (excellent guide, on time, not overcrowded).

1  Thank vicbruin

Reviewed 21 September 2013

Book 2 tours with them - first day - 1 D tour of Ho Chi Minh City and 2nd day - Half day tour of chu chi tunnel.
The first day's tour was great and my pick up was on time but on the second day - my pick up did not wait for me. I paid for pick for both days to The Sinh Tourist Company - but i had to catch a cab to their company because my hotel told me the company called to ask me to take a cab there, when i enquires from the tour agent- they claimed that the cabby was waiting for me for over 20 minutes from 7.30am to 7.50am which is crazy because 1st-my pick up was arranged at 7.40am; and i was standing at the hotel lobby at exactly 7.40 am and there was no one there looking for me; and at exactly 7.50am; the hotel receptionist told me to take a cab- so where was this mysterious cabby?
The people here speak very little english. If the cabby was there i would not know, the least they could have done was to carry a placard with my name on it because this was a pre-booked cab.

I asked them for a refund, of course, they blamed the receptionist, blamed me and blamed everyone under the sun except themselves. I asked one girl at the counter, can i write all these on trip advisor because i really feel ripped off. She very rudely said, sure, go ahead! So, there! Not even an apology for their unreliable service.

In the end, i ended up paying double cab fee - 1. To the tour agent and 2. To the cabby who rushed me to the tour pick up point.

Overall, their service is great and cheap, but i suspect they make a few extra bucks by cheating people of money like this! Much room for improvement!

2  Thank drseethaking
Reviewed 30 August 2013

We went on a 1 day trip to the Mekong Delta from Ho Chi Minh city. The bus to bring us to the Delta in a 2h drive was late, very old and uncomfortable and we even got seats right at the back directly situated over the engine. We received some interesting facts on the way, however, the guide was very hard to understand due to microphone as well as his English skills. Upon arrival, we were brought to a boat and stopped at 4 different islands each with their own specialized skill. To see the manufacturing on the islands was very interesting, unfortunately, it was not only overrun by tourists, but were also only shown around for 5min before we spent 30min waiting around a tourist stand. Since the majority of tourists were chinese, they enjoyed these set-up selling posts, but we - as the only two europeans on the trip - not so much. We felt like we given every tourist attraction there was to see, but completely missed the authentic and realistic life style. For example, we were put in horse-driven carriages for a distance we could have easily walked on foot, which was supposed to impress, but did the opposite. The tour included a lunch, which was awful and drinks cost extra. We were on the boat for only 4h even though the ticket said 1 whole day, but we were actually glad to get back when it was over.
Overall: very bad experience, destroyed the beautiful surroundings by making everything a tourist attraction (in a bad way). Do NOT take Sinh Tours for this trip! There are so many other alternatives and offers.

1  Thank Zimbabwe1989
Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

We took a day trip to the cu chi tunnels and in terms of what we got (bus, ticket etc) the trip was good value for the cheap price.

However, our group size was 60 tourists to 1 guide which was a massive problem: only a few members of the group got to try out some of the sights there and our view of the demonstrations at times was completely blocked. The tour guide did a great job but it was a huge task and we recommend going in a smaller group to get more from it.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

I booked the Cu Chi Tunnels and Cao Dai Temple for a family of 4 with 2 young children. The bus left down town Ho Chi Minh City on time with an English speaking guide. The guide was amazing with so much information and a great sense of humour.
As I was travelling with children the bus ride was very cramped and very very long. The sides are 3 hours out of the city which meant it was a very very long day.
However, a tour is the only way to see these sights and this was definitely a tour company I would recommend, as it was a small group which made for more intimate talks.
The kids were so fascinated by the history, the sights and sounds and the beauty of the countryside.
This is a tour company I will be taking again.