“Enjoyable stay”

Grand Silverland Hotel & SPA
Ranked #29 of 466 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed 23 March 2014

The Grand Silverland has lots in its favour. The location is very central to many places being the markets, the war museum, the river and good restaurants. The staff were very friendly at all times. We booked a couple of tours from the hotel and the vehicles used were of a very good standard. Breakfast was enjoyable. We had dinner on a Friday night at the BBQ by the pool and for 388,000 Dongs it was very good value for all you could eat. Great range of meat seafood and desserts. The pool is a little small for the size of the hotel but if you time it right it is good. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank trdc

Reviewed 23 March 2014

I used this as my city bolt hole, staying three times as I travelled in and out of Ho Chi Minh. It really did become a home away from home. What made it? The staff and the pool. All the staff are super friendly, smiley and helpful. The pool, ok it's not olympic sized, but it provides a great, cool relief after a hot day out. It's in a perfect location for walking around District 1. The rooms are spacious and clean. Save your money and go for one without a window. When you get your head around the mirror window, it really doesn't matter when you use it as a place to sleep and shower.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Binh D, General Manager at Grand Silverland Hotel & SPA, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear Adventure35186,

It is so proud to be your choice of accommodation in Saigon. I am happy to learn that our staff has done his job as being trained and show his professional attitude.

I fully agree that our pool is not that expected size but as much as we can, we provide an excellent view and relax atmosphere.

We appreciate your excellent review and hope to always maintain our standard to welcome you back.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

I just checked in and was given a dark and musty room that closely resembles a college dorm room from the 70s. I asked to switch and spent over an hour trying to get a better room. There was a room available on the executive floor but they wanted to charge me instead of just upgrading me since they didn't have the room I booked available. Long, long (and frustrating) story short we were made to feel like a complete inconvenience and an annoyance. We have traveled all day and are tired and hungry and we just spent the last 1.5 hours getting stressed out and trying to find a room. Seriously, I want to leave but she said our 3 night booking is non-refundable. So I have 3 nights in this place that has left me very unhappy, I haven't had a chance to do anything else except deal with the unhelpful manager who has ruined my evening. I will say that we were expecting a brand new hotel as advertised and it is very old. The carpet, furniture, and walls are stained and worn. That's all for now. I have never been treated that way before by management in the hospitality industry and I do not recommend this hotel and would walk right back out the door if I could. Sadly, this is our most expensive ($110) and most disappointing hotel in all of our stays in Vietnam and this is our final destination. Really frustrated to end on such a bad note.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank FrequentTravels2
Binh D, General Manager at Grand Silverland Hotel & SPA, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear FrequenTravels2,

Thank you for your review. It is disappointing to read your feedback.

I agree with you that we should upgrade you to a better room. It is s simple and efficient way to solve all the issues.

I also talked to the Manager who handled your case. It is a lesson for us and a good experience to learn.

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. At Grand SIlverland Hotel & Spa, we do care on customer service and always make all efforts to see guests leave the hotel happily.

Again, we appreciate your valuable feedback.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Stayed 3 Nights in a de-luxe room with large spa bath - excellent! Breakfast nice, staff very serviceminded. Rooftop pool not very big, but great for a quick dip and the view. Superb location next to the Ben Thanh marked, lots of small shops and restaurants in the area, and walking distance to most attractions in District 1 /Central Ho Chi Minh. Spa was excellent too.

Room Tip: We were 3 and stayed in a nice suite with large spa bath. Excellent value for money
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 March 2014

The hotel is situated very central in Ho Chi Minh City, just next to the Ben Thanh market. Just outside the door you have the living city center with salesmen, shops, market, lots of people and scooters. The hotel has very friendly staff, the rooms with spa are great size and very comfortable. Wifi is working without any problems. The view is nothing special, though, due to the central location and we had a room not so high up. But from the hotel roof there is a nice view as well as a very small swimming pool and a bar. I will recommend Grand Silverland Hotel and Spa if you want to stay where the action is at a reasonable price with best service from staff.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lars S
Binh D, General Manager at Grand Silverland Hotel & SPA, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear LarsSoholm,

Thank you very much for a great review.

I am pleased to learn that you have experienced the Saigon life and our hotel services. We are located 1 street behind North Ben Thanh market, however it is not crowded and noisy.

I appreciate your recommendation to readers after a trouble free stay with reasonable price and best services.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Hotel was near the Ben Thanh market but not so near Pham Ngu Lao area (10 mins walk).

Room rates was decent, not the cheapest but value for money. Room was of the right size and was clean. Dont expect fantastic views from the window. They had good variety in breakfast served. Many cheap eating places around of various cuisines.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Stayed here the begining of March. Got in late at night easy 30+ min taxi ride from airport which should generally be 300, 000 VND $15 AUD, make sure you get a cab with a meter! !! The hotel really is in a fantastic location. Map makes things look further and more difficult to get to then they really are, and the market is lliterally around the corner. Booked from Agoda and got the deluxe premium room. The room we recived was 2 double beds, we asked for a room with 1 bed but they said they were full and would send someone up to join the beds. Now the beds were not actually made to be joined, poor room attendent had obliviosly never done this before and after 30 min of him squeezing 2 double matresses into 1 sheet to make 1 big bed, we ended up with to beds squeezed together with a large dip in the middle and matresses uneven. But really not a big deal at all, by this time of 17 hours of travelling it was really quite funny. Next day asked for a new room and it was great! The breakfast was a massive spread of anything and everything! The pool is really sentational, I actually was pleasantly suprised at thd size of the pool considerjng its location on a rooftop in a country where buildings are skinny, yes theres only about 6 deck chairs but the sun is on the pool all day and the view is sensational! Also they will bring you food and drink that you can have poolside, and theres happy hour 2 for 1! All in all outstanding hotel and well worth it. Keep in mind that deluxe, premium, executive, suite, dont necessarily equated to the same standard as western hotels, most rooms are just standard even if thier name and price state otherwise, that is a general rule I found traveling Vietnam.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Binh D, General Manager at Grand Silverland Hotel & SPA, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2014

Dear Jesstibule,

Thank you very much for your review.

It is quite disappointing to learn that the room was not prearranged properly. Please accept my apologies and we will look into the matters thoroughly.

I am pleased to know that you had experienced and have a kind word on the breakfast, pool. I fully agree with you that due to the limitation of the space, the hotels in Vietnam in general are different to western hotels.

Again, thank you very much for negative as well as positive feedback. We hope to have another chance to welcome you back in the future.