Khoi 2 Hotel
Silverland Yen Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$119
US$106
  • Breakfast included
Caravelle Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$121
US$113
  • Pool
Hotel Majestic Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$151
US$115
Trip.com
  • Pool
Saigon Prince Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$102
US$74
US$70
US$59
US$103
US$87
Duc Vuong Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$39
US$32
  • Breakfast included
US$88
US$73
  • Pool
Villa Song Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$214
Travelocity
Sherwood Residence(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$175
US$170
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbackpacker areahotel is locatedair conno liftsmall alleylane wayplace to stayno windowbudget optionsister hotelmekong delta tourfriendly hotelquiet at nightlocal marketlate at nightbreakfast was includedtop floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 July 2014

So glad we stayed at hello hotel in Ho Chi Minh. The staff could not have not done more to make sure we had an enjoyable stay.

Hotel was incredibly clean, secure (locks on the front entrance from 10pm at night) and homely. Despite being located down a questionable alleyway, we felt very safe, especially given that most backpacker hostels were located on the same/ similar alleyways.

Nice en-suite bathroom and effective air-con. TV also in the room which was nice to turn on of an evening. Location is good- near to the busy backpacker district with lots of small souvenir shops, bars, restaurants and street food. Also just a ten minute walk from the main market (a must see).

Breakfast was really good. Offered a limited breakfast menu but freshly made to order and very tasty! We had the omelette and would recommend!

Staff were exceptional. Helped us to book an excellent tour to the mekong delta with TNK travel (just £18 for a 2 day, 1 night action packed trip with all meals included!). Also did everything they could to assist us after we were mugged on the street by a moped (not a pleasant experience- make sure you watch your bags!)

HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

Room Tip: If you struggle climbing stairs request a room on a lower level.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NiallYoung
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Ideally located in an alleyway between the two main streets, Hello Hotel, is a great place to stay whilst in Ho Chi Minh City. It can be a little difficult to find but its actually located only a 5-10 minute walk from where the bus drops you off in Ho Chi Minh City. At first glance, the alleyway can appear a little intimidating but it is actually very safe and there are other hotels and hostels located along it. The staff at Hello Hotel are friendly and welcoming, and can help organise pretty much everything you need during your stay or if they are unable to organise it, they will give you honest advice (the best in my opinion) and point you in the right direction. The two girls who work reception are both genuinely nice girls and it is worthwhile taking the time to get to know them and have a chat as they are a wealth of knowledge.

The room I stayed in was comfortable with a good bed, cable T.V, private bathroom and fridge which, I found to be very handy as there is a big supermarket just down the road. As well, the room was cleaned daily which, isn’t always the case in Asia. On check in, I was advised that I had been given a complimentary upgrade to a Deluxe room, and to be honest, it was really what I expected the standard room to be like. I gather the only difference between the two room types is that the Deluxe rooms have window but it doesn’t actually look out on anything other than a brick wall so I’m sure most people would just be as comfortable in a standard room especially, as you are not paying more for a window that looks out at nothing. My only real criticisms of the room was that it was a shame that there was no international news channel on the T.V as that is the only thing I really watch when travelling and the wifi was sporadic during my stay but I gather they are working on it. In saying that, the wifi did work downstairs in the foyer/breakfast area so you weren’t completely cut off from the world.

The included breakfast is simple but will get you going for the day, and if you have a tour or a scheduled appointment you can actually order breakfast the evening before and arrange a time so that you don't miss out before you head off for the day. Due to hotel’s great location, I was able to walk to most of the main sights and only caught one taxi during my stay which, was to the FITO Museum (a must when in Ho Chi Minh City). I did do two tours booked through the hotel which, were run through TNK Travel. I did the Cu Chi Tunnels which, was very touristy as it’s the one thing everyone does when they come to Ho Chi Minh City but the tour was interesting and well run. I really can’t blame the tour company for the amount people at the tunnels, it is not their fault it is such a popular attraction! The other tour I did and enjoyed even more was the one day Mekong Delta Tour. It was nice to get out of the city, see the countryside and learn about Vietnamese culture. I felt both tours were reasonably priced ($11 and $8 respectively) and complimented the solo sightseeing I did during my stay.

My only real issue during my stay was on my final afternoon, I left the hotel to buy a bus ticket to my onward destination which, the receptionist was aware of and when I returned an hour later they were repairing the floor in my room and I wasn’t able to go in for two nearly three hours. I had seen a man conducting maintenance on the tiles in other rooms during my stay but rather than arranging a time with me for them to complete this work, I was annoyed that they went ahead with this work without consulting me. I appreciate they needed to get it done but the last afternoon of my stay was inconvenient as I needed to pack and arrange my onward travel. Furthermore, I had seen this gentleman working on the floors for several days so why the hotel couldn’t organise the work for a day when I had a tour or even wait until the following day when I left as I was departing early in the morning was beyond me. It is unfortunate that this incident occurred as I would have otherwise given the hotel five stars as up until that point the service, comfort and value for money was great especially for a budget hotel.

For the most part, I did enjoy my stay at Hello Hotel and my time in Ho Chi Minh City, and I would like to return one day. Furthermore, I would recommend Hello Hotel if you are looking for a clean, comfortable, centrally located, budget hotel in Ho Chi Minh City.

Room Tip: From my understanding, the only difference between a Standard and Deluxe Room is a window that looks out onto a brick wall. For that reason, I would book a Standard Room rather than waste money on a window that looks out at nothing.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This hotel can be a challenge to find, however if you follow the map on their website it is much easier, Google Maps doesn't really help too much. As we were arriving by bus from Cambodia, the location was really handy as the bus stops about 3 minutes walk away from the hotel (this was Mekong Express bus, but I believe others stop in the same place). It is down a narrow side street, which on first impressions in the dark, feeling slightly lost is a little foreboding but it is actually a perfectly nice street. From the outside the hotel itself looks pretty unappealing but inside is a different story, it is nicely decorated and the rooms are surprisingly large. Staff are really welcoming and helpful; they helped us arrange a taxi to the airport at the end of our 3 night stay. Even though the hotel is in the heart of District 1, we never had any trouble with noise and slept well every night. There are several restaurants and bars, only minutes from the hotel front door. The breakfast was good but not huge and we had no problems with the bathroom; hot water came out whenever we needed it. Overall, I would definitely recommend staying here and it is excellent value for money.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ben A
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Lovely, clean room that was just big enough for us, we didn't have a window but that wasn't a problem.The staff are very polite and friendly, they gave us a map of the city and recommended a great restaurant to eat in. The hotel is centrally located, within walking distance to a lot of bars, restaurants and attractions. It is nice and quiet because it is down a side alley. A great stay!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joseph L
Reviewed 13 April 2014

My wife and I stayed in room 4 during a two week period for a total of five nights. Because of a small visa problem prior to the first stay we arrived two days late. We emailed the hotel about this matter and they held the room for us. during this time emails were answered promptly and the matter was sorted out. The hotel is very clean and all of our needs were dealt with. Breakfast was simple but very good. In the room description our room type is described as having a balcony, it has a door that opens to the outside with a railing across it, but you can not step out of the room. This is a small mater. The location of the hotel is central to everything we needed and is ideal for the bus to or from Phnom Penh. We will stay at this hotel upon our next stay in HCMC.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family