“Renaissance Riverside Hotel Saigon”

Renaissance Riverside Hotel Saigon
Ranked #33 of 462 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We have been using them as our corporate hotel in HCMC for many years. The hotel is conveniently located, rooms are clean and bright (facing the riverside). However, the pillows are al too soft.... The front office staff are very friendly, helpful and most of all they do understand English fairly well, so not much communication issues. Overall a good hotel to stay !

Room Tip: Rooms on the riverside view
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We had stayed at the Renaissance in Dec/Jan this year and had a mixed experience however their handling of the situation and how friendly they are made us return again for 3 nights.

A bit of background is that on 30/12 we checked in to a corner room on the city side - great checkin, beautiful staff and great room. Then the windows began to rattle and a bass booming noise every 2 seconds continued until 4am in the morning - not even my earplugs would drown this noise out. Long story short the efficient staff changed our room to a riverside suite which I paid extra for (could of had same room on riverside but the suite was nicer). We had an awesome view of fireworks and a staff delivered a bottle of champagne and sweets. Nice touch and we decided to stay again after seeing how great the staff were.

So we booked another 3 nights and booked a riverside room thinking to alleviate the nightclub problem and at over $400US a night thought we would get a great 1 bedroom room. We are a fan of the renaissance brand and silver members so thought we would get a pretty good room it was deluxe after all. to my suprise we were put on the corner suite with our bedroom facing the nightclub!!! And only the lounge faced the river. This took over an hour to fix as the girl did not seem to understand why we had an issue then tried to give us an inferior room (we had booked a 1 bedroom deluxe as our adult daughter was with us).
Luckily Vinh the supervisor stepped in as he then arranged for us to have the same room as last time. What annoyed me a little is that the girl admitted only about half way through that yes that suite. Does have noise problems - I could see this as soon as we walked in. And why would you have put us there after the Xmas changes ....

So the positives because this is a great hotel and we will stay again:
The willingness to help fix any problems
The club lounge is great especially the window seats looking out on the river
The staff are friendly and so nice - I love the way they have a friendly chat
Food is great especially cocktail hour and breakfast
The champagne and fruit left for us on two occasions - one for the initial checkin issues and for a birthday celebration which I hadn't even told them :)
The hotel is beautiful and very decadent
The afternoon tea in the lobby that we were provided for free
Rooms are very clean (great job housekeeping)
The fact staff knew your name (this is a great customer service skill)
The awesome Vietnamese coffee!!!
And the best thing of all was the customer service especially Vinh in club lounge as they genuinly seem to want to help and are interested in their customers
Taxis out the front and called by staff
The doormen who are so friendly
That it is right across from the river (we loved watching the activity on it from our room)
And just generally a beautiful hotel

All of the above would make us book another trip and Vinh has promised us its on our record not to put us in the rooms near the nightclub :D

If anyone has any questions feel free to PM me

Room Tip: Choose the riverside rooms and make sure your not on the nightclub side
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2014

The hotel is conveniently located along the Saigon river. Although I stayed there for a short overnight, I truly enjoyed the stay there.

Check-in was at the Lounge (as a Marriott Gold), I was greeted by very competent Executive Lounge Manager, Mr. was given cocktail choices. It was perfect after an all day travel to cool off myself and rest before dinner.

The rooms were a little bit outdated particularly lack of power outlets. However, the hotel kept a great maintenance all over. I enjoyed the Atrium Lounge and the rooftop pool.

The hotel is conveniently located to the main streets and to the riverside. Great helpful staff were always to help me out to direct the locations I needed to go.

Breakfast at the lounge was lacking in Vietnamese fare but you can always request for pho or noodle soup. They will bring out to you.

Overall, I really enjoyed the stay. I will stay at the property again upon my return to Saigon.

Room Tip: Try a cocktail or two at the Atrium Lounge on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My second time in this hotel and just as good as the first time. At check in they asked if I wanted to pay in to upgrade, which I did. I got an enormous room overlooking the river with big windows on two sides of the room. The room itself was very comfortable and a big bathroom and shower to indulge in some pampering. Breakfast was very good, with Pho made on the spot as many of the hotels do. A real treat at this hotel is to go to the rooftop bar in the evening. There is a wonderful cooling breeze, a view of the river at night and some good (and strong!) cocktails on offer. A perfect place to wind down. The hotel has a very odd bar in the Atrium on the 4th floor. It is completely internal to the hotel and everyone above can look down on you. It always seemed empty but not surprising really as the atmosphere was strange. Definitely a good place to stay in HCM City

Room Tip: Upgrade if you want a bit of a splurge
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I was a bit dubious after looking at the pics online (both professional and from other reviewers). It looked a bit run down. BUT I had a free night certificate from Marriott and it was burning a hole in my pocket, so I figured why not use it for my one-night stay. I'm glad I did!

First of all the hotel looks much better in person than it does in the pics. The lobby is nice and more importantly the staff are all very eager to please. I was met at the taxi, door opened, bags taken, and I was escorted to the front desk while another bellman escorted me to the front desk (there are plenty of people around to open doors and help). After giving my name the agent said that because I'm Gold in the rewards program there is a special desk for check in on the 18th floor. So he personally escorted me not only to the elevator, but all the way up to the 18th floor and then called over another agent from the lounge to check me in. She was equally friendly and full of smiles, offering me a drink while she was checking me in. She then proceeded to explain that because I was Gold I was upgraded to a Club floor which included Club lounge access and I had also been given an upgrade to a larger room overlooking the river. NICE, especially despite using a free night!

The room has a great view. True the furniture looks a bit dated, but everything is clean and neat and the bathroom is much nicer than I expected. Wifi works great. Lots of outlets and plugs for various devices including USB on the desk. Can't complain. Within minutes my bag arrived. Another minute later Anh, the gal who checked me in, called my room to make sure everything was OK with the room and to see if I needed anything else.

The location is great, right on the river and in the center of town. Tons of things are within easy walking distance of the hotel. There is a rooftop pool and, although I didn't swim, it looks like a decent place to sit and have a drink in the open air overlooking the city.

I recommend a river view room because it's much quieter on this side of the building and your view is completely different than looking at buildings on the other side.

Room Tip: I recommend a river view room because it's much quieter on this side of the building and your vi...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Guestvoice t, Director of Operations at Renaissance Riverside Hotel Saigon, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear expresspak,

We are delighted to know that overall, you enjoyed your stay with us. In particular your comment about our room, the service we offered as well as our location.

There is great to know that our guests enjoyed our service and had a great experience with us. Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and there is nothing better than achieving that!
We look forward to get another opportunity to welcome you back to the Renaissance Riverside Hotel Saigon in the not too distance future.

Kind Regards,
Susantha M.
Director of Operations
Renaissance Riverside Hotel Saigon

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Its a great hotel perfect location. I didnt enjoy the check in. Relatively hostile woman, tried to sell me an upgrade package and was borderline rude when i declined. Other than that. Great roof top pool. Gyms excellent and overall well priced. Reception needs work.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2014

The hotel had excellent accomodations and was centrally located. The hotel was clean and the service was excellent. I would highly recommend staying in this hotel in Vietnam. The Executive Lounge had good food and an excellent view.

• Stayed: June 2014