1,485 results
All reviews swim up bar luxury escapes package escape package shuttle bus great hotel club floor shuttle service foot massage taxis are cheap two nights buffet breakfast great pool an upgrade star hotel swimming pool tour desk a short taxi ride
Reviewed 27 January 2017

This hotel is a good base to explorer Vietnam, with pretty good facilities. The rooms are indeed dated but still very good. All the usual things you find in a hotel room and nicely presented. The staff are absolutely superb. Friendly and efficient. Function room, gym and spa are of high standard too. The gym has good, up to date equipment, in very good condition. The pool is very nice too. The one thing about this hotel which annoyed us was how the restaurant overpriced even it's very basic menu. The prices on the menu were double what you'd pay in Australia, for many items. If you can get a buffet type voucher included in your package, that would be an advantage. Tour trips from here are very good and well priced.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Hotel_EquatorialHCMC, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Equatorial Ho Chi Minh City, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2017

Dear YorkeysKnobPharmacy,

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your recommendation to other travellers about our excellent customer service. We are delighted that you also enjoyed our pool and gym so much.

We hope you had a safe journey home and we hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 26 January 2017

In my opinion this is not 5* hotel, the 5th floor room we were given overlooked the pool area, and due to there being a pool party on was extremely noisy with music on until 10.30pm. The room itself was not up to standard for 5*.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking pool area can be noisy
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear rosiesweet,

Thank you for your review. We hope you had an enjoyable trip and a pleasant journey home.

Reviewed 26 January 2017

I stayed the hotel with my friends. It was my first visit to Vietnam.
I had a very good time here.
This hotel is far from center of the city but there are free shuttle bus at intervals of two hours.
So I didn't feel inconvenient that.
The dishes in their restaurant has so many and delicious.
I really appreciate hotel boy. Thet always served customers with a smile.
And they were kind to us. For example, making a reservation of massage & var, and exchanging money.
Thank you a lot for your kindness while our visit.
I'll stay here again sometime!

初めてのベトナム旅行でしたが、とても満足度の高いホテルでした。
全体的に本当に満足しています。また泊まりたいと強く思っています。
素敵なベトナムの旅をありがとうございました。

Stayed: January 2017

Dear MNK0820,

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you also for your recommendation to other travellers in regards to our restaurants and excellent customer service.

We hope you had a safe journey home and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 25 January 2017 via mobile

Let me start off by saying our check-in was quick and staff were polite and friendly. My family and I were booked into 2 interconnecting standard rooms.
Rooms were a decent size and the air conditioning worked well. The beds were very comfortable but is not a true king as my husbands feet were hanging well over the edge of the bed (he's 6 foot)
Breakfast was great! Lots of choices and food was fresh and well presented.
Unfortunately... the rooms were ridiculously dark and so dated. I felt like I couldnt take off my shoes at all because the carpet looked and felt filthy. In fact I just couldn't get comfortable because I felt these rooms needed a good scrub. The light switches were dirty I didn't want to touch them. The phones were also in need of a good clean. The towels looked like they needed to be soaked in nappy san they were turning grey. The shower drains in both rooms were blocked so our feet were having a little bath while we showered :(
The bathroom light was ridiculous. It was a yellow globe and in the middle of the room so to try and see anything was useless. There was nowhere in either room I could even see what kind of clown makeup I was applying on myself! It was depressing.
The kids slept in a room that smelt of smoke (it was a non smoking room) They tried to fix/hide the smell with an air freshener but I think the carpet was beyond repair of the smell!
To be fair, they did ask us if we wanted to change rooms but since we were only there for a short stay and it didn't bother the kids as much as it bothered me we stayed where we were :)
The area of the hotel is about a 15-20 min taxi ride from the centre of the city (district 1). There's not much around there so if you want to be closer to the action I suggest staying in district 1 (we stayed in District 1 a week earlier and was fantastic).
The best part of the hotel is the Pool area with a swim up bar. Gorgeous at night too but bar closes early.
Unfortunately I will not be recommending or staying at this hotel again.
To say this hotel is 5 star is just not true.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Sharon B

Dear Sharon B,

Thank you also for your recommendation to other travellers in regards to the size of our rooms. We hope you enjoyed your time in HCMC and that you had a safe journey home.

Reviewed 19 January 2017

This hotel is located in the center of the city, safe to walk around, lots of restaurants, walking places and lots of places to see are close by.
Drove from Ho Chi Minh to Mekong delta town of My Tho. Motorized Boat to Thoi San island. Walked, horse drawn carriage ride, honey bee farm, coconut chocolate home factory and small boat ride through small river. Motorized boat from Bentre province to Ho Chi Minh. Many types of fruit trees including mango. Happy to see calm, peaceful and content people in the Mekong delta village. It was beautiful area.
Visited tallest bldg in Ho Chi Minh city for dessert, it was a beautiful view of the city.

Room Tip: Nice Location
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank pjdada
Hotel_EquatorialHCMC, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Equatorial Ho Chi Minh City, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2017

Dear pjdada,

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you also for your recommendation to other travellers in regards to our location.