“Value for money”

Oscar Saigon Hotel
Ranked #186 of 453 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
“Value for money”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

It is worth choosing this hotel. Walking distance to Benh Ten Market and saigon square. The bad experience is that the lift is so small can only fit 6 passenger without luggage. We choose this hotel with the recommendation from the internet. We travel to HoChiMinh City in a big group of 42 pax (Company Trip). Keep it up with the cleanliness of the hotel.

Room Tip: Very good selection on breakfast buffet.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank GlancyLai

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
UK
Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

Lovely place , but a mad lady goes around in a pink and white dress asking for one dollar . Staff are lovely plenty of smiles breakfast is only on till 930 which is too early . Area is great for nite life

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank SineadKelly
Walsall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 September 2013 via mobile

After reading awful things about this hotel my self , daughter and two friends were dreading our two nights here but it was fine its a fab location and give your self 24 hours to adjust to the crazy busy town and you will start to love it . You get what u pay for the room was a good size the bathroom large and clean the staff a little stern but a smile goes a long way and the people are very impressed if u learn a few simple Vietnamese words like thank you . The breakfast on the tenth floor is fabulous and the lifts are fine . Some people moan far to much

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank lisa12359
Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Have stayed in many hotels and this is NOT a 4* the room was clean but the DELUX i think they had forgotten to give us!!, the view was of a roof and occasionally a man clearing the gutters inches from the room.
The dinning room was awful, one of the worse i have encountered, we had a fly in our tea, the eggs were only BIN worthy, the tables and chairs grubby. Music was piped in the hall ALL night.
Reception staff smiled alot but did not understand us, i know we are lazy and do not learn their language, but even basic english limited.

ALSO BEWARE whilst in the city. NOTHING to do with the hotel, i was mugged by one of the many moped riders, he ripped my gold chain off my neck, so be aware. Vietnam is not on my return list unfortuneately,,,,,,,,,,

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Paula1264
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Stayed in this hotel for 3 nights . I really think its luck of the draw when it comes to the rooms.( I know some guests who were not that lucky , some rooms don't have windows.)
Ours was quite a large room, very clean , comfy bed. The bathroom was also very good both a bath tub and shower.a large window looking out over the blvd.
This hotel is in a great location. Very close to all the main attractions and shops. Can't comment about the breakfast as we didn't go there .

Sent from my iPad

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a window
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Julie B
Maidstone, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We were booked in for three nights but left after one and booked in elsewhere. The room was supposed to be deluxe, BUT we had NO WINDOW!, and therefore felt that we were consigned to a dimly lit cupboard! It was noisy all day and all night, the piped music in the corridors can be heard in the rooms, the bed was dreadfully uncomfortable, in fact I have slept better on the plane! The shower was little more than a dribble and was hot and cold in bursts. The breakfast was truly appalling, to boot. We were offered an upgrade and a street view but our experience was so bad I could not spend another minute here and would advise everyone to book elsewhere.

Room Tip: Just don't go here at all but if you must at least demand a window - although other guests at th...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Judith S

Travellers are raving about these Ho Chi Minh City hotels

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I was all set to give the Oscar Saigon an excellent review - it's in a fantastic location and is good value for money. Initially, the only downsides were that breakfast is only served to 9.30am (even on a weekend), and despite booking a room with a 'city view' we had a very small window looking straight onto a neighbouring building, so very little light. Wifi was also intermittent.

However, after checking out happily, we left our luggage with the hotel for the day, as our flight was not until the evening. We were given tags, and saw our luggage being put in a left luggage room, so felt reassured it would be safe. But on returning, I was initially given the wrong bag twice, and then when I finally got my bag I realised my ipad was missing.

The hotel were extremely unhelpful, denying any responsibility, and refusing to help in calling the police so I could file a report (I was very polite and did not suggest any blame lay with the hotel, explaining I just wanted a report for my insurance claim.) Eventually, after I said I would call the police myself, the night manager appeared to call them, and directed us to the local station. However, he told us we should not say the ipad went missing at the hotel, as this would cause him problems! The police were similarly unhelpful and refused to file a report - presumably either we needed to bribe them, or the hotel had already bribed them not to!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends