“lovely hotel ,staff a little cold”
Review of Grand Hotel Saigon

Grand Hotel Saigon
Ranked #44 of 461 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Great quality 4star hotel in the middle of the action in HCM . We had premium deluxe rooms which I can not fault and the hotel is surrounded by smaller restaurants and bars , shopping only a street away . The experience at the Grand would be so much nicer if all the staff werent so cold , they do their job but that is where it ends , a smile would go a long way from the boys opening the doors to the reception staff and the girls at breakfast . SMILE it makes your guests feel welcome and would make your hotel stand out a little more

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank debbieb3103
Ngoc L, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Hotel Saigon, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear debbieb3103,

Thank for staying at Grand Hotel Saigon. I know that you have a lot of fun in my country, and it is so wonderful when you could share with us your personal feeling. I would like to say thank for your comment.

Regards as the problem with our staff, I believe that your comment will be shared to all relevant outlet to make our hotel become more nicer as your expectation.

I hope that on the next visiting day, you could come, and stay in our hotel to enjoy our renovated customer services.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

We stayed in the historic wing in a room overlooking the pool. Great spot to have lunch or a drink.The staff were very helpful but I feel the level of English at the front desk is very poor . Johnny at the guest services desk was fantastic, humurous and efficient.
Buffet breakfast lovely and location good to as near the river and the Cuchi tunnel river tours.

Room Tip: The historic wing overlooking the pool is a great spot.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ManlyGriswalds
Ngoc L, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Hotel Saigon, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear ManlyGriswalds,

Thank you a lot for staying with Grand Saigon Hotel.

All your comment will be noticed and shared with all our staffs. It could seen as a gift for our effort to serve you, and your experience about our service would be send directly to our manager as the report. In addition, I would like to represent for Mr. Johnny to say thank for your kind comment.

I hope that you will get some amazing improvements if you could come back Grand SaiGon hotel one more time.

All the best with for you, and your family!

Reviewed 27 April 2014

When checking into he hotel it was very busy which may be the reason staff weren't as welcoming as I expected but helpful all the same. When I booked I asked for a room in the new hotel as was recommended by other trip advisor feedback and we were not disappointed at all. The room had been extensively renovated and was decorated in antique style furniture (replica's I think). The bed was huge and very comfy, the bathroom also very large and well appointed - overall very clean and felt just like home.

The buffet breakfast was the most extensive choice I've ever seen in a hotel. Everything from rice porridge to pizza - pork dumplings to the traditional western foods. The dining room staff were sometimes 'too quick' to clear plates from the table and I lost a dish or two when I got up to get a coffee - not complaining though as it gave me an opportunity to load up again and try something different.

We had no problems with the location and there were always plenty of taxis at the front of the hotel and never very far from the sites we wanted to see - but very important to ask for the price of the fare before getting in (some drivers will rip you off if you don't)

The hotel has a well equipped gym and swimming pool which are both nice and clean. The pool itself is surrounded by a surface of river stones and randomly laid concrete pavers which I found odd given the quality of the hotel itself. The stones were very uncomfortable to walk on but did stop the kiddies from running around.

Must be tough to get a 5 star hotel rating in Vietnam but I'm giving them one and will stay there again if we visit Ho Chi Minh in the future.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear youstillthere,

Thank you for staying with Grand Hotel and taking time to share with us your opinion.

We are glad to know that you were able to enjoy your stay and we thank you for pointing out all the positive aspects of our services. Your kind comment will be a great encouragement for us to continually deliver memorable experience to our guests.

We would like to wish you all the best and we are looking forwarding to welcoming you back to the hospitality of Grand Hotel in the near future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 26 April 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights on the 2nd floor in the ancient wing - room was pretty basic and small but ok. Bed was rock hard, not very comfortable at all. Great selection at buffet breakfast. Very busy in reception area - lots of tourists. Hotel in a good, central location - walking distance to good restaurants. Helpful staff. Hotel restaurant had lovely views but food was terrible. Overall, a good, no frills base to explore HCMC.

Room Tip: Ancient wing is a lot quieter.
Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kris M

Dear Kris M,

I would like to say thank for staying with Grand Saigon Hotel. A part of myself could understand your experience when you could have a great trip with you family in Ho Chi Minh city.

All your comment will be noticed and shared with all our staffs. It could seen as a gift for our effort to serve you, and your experience about our breakfast would be send directly to our manager as the report.

I hope all the best wish will come to you, and I look forward to meet you up again soon.

Guest Relation Manger

Reviewed 26 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel for two nights on an Indochina tour. Location is excellent, within walking distance of the river and downtown, but still relatively quiet. Our room was large and comfortable, meals were average or better, staff helpful and obliging. Overall just what we needed.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David B

Dear dkbgod,

Thank you for staying with Grand Hotel and taking time to share with us your kind opinion.

We are extremely glad and happy to hear your lovely and kind comment about our hotel and it is the best reward for all of the staffs while we continually strive to deliver exceptional service to all our guests. We wish to provide the best experience to all of our guests, especially for those who has continually showed supports for us.

We hope to see you again soon in the future as this will allow us to make your stay even more exciting and complete. Feel free to contact us on onlinebooking@grandhotel.vn before your next arrival.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 26 April 2014

From the welcome at the front door and the reception staff to our leaving this hotel the sojourn was remarkable. Our room was luxurious - the bed wonderfully soft and comfortable and any request was acted upon quickly. Breakfast was MORE than adequate catering for many different cultures. Well worth the visit.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Ellen O,

With all my heart, I want to say thank you a lot for staying with us. In addition, it is my pleasure when you could have the great experience in Grand Sai Gon Hotel, and Ho Chi Minh City as well.

Your comment is one of the inspirations for us to keep improving our service, and quality. I hope that you could come back our hotel to let us show you how amazing our hotel's is.

All the best wish for you, and your family!

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Stayed here with wife and our 4 year old son in Deluxe Suite way back in DECEMBER 2012. Before we left Australia we made online booking for 4 nights with a break of 4 nights to Phu Quoc then back for 3 more at this hotel. Very nice in old wing room but A/C not working so well until maintenance guy made a few trips. Having a lounge room next to bedroom was a haven after the busy xmas streets. Looked forward to our return from Phu Quoc. Arrived New Years eve early afternoon on time and no record of our booking by the hotel. Hmmmnh, Why? "So sorry but we have no vacancies, sir." So I get the copies I printed of confirmation thru prominent booking agent to show them. In the meantime I told them that I had also left 3 suitcases in their care four days earlier and had confirmed our return booking with them. They scratched their heads and said that particular staff member was not available. O.K No worries, we'll just hang around while you work it out. The now involved Gen Manager says they can offer us a room at the Duxton, Not interested as too small for our purpose. He comes back again and has found two single beds in the same size room in this hotel, getting closer but cannot make into King size for whatever reason. My toes and heels were clawed into the hotels foundations and suddenly the room we booked appeared. This whole process took one hour and a half. I am not going to speculate the possibilities this occurred but could easily have walked out at first, to try and secure booking elsewhere on New years eve but I held on and got lucky. I think the fact that I had a photocopy of the booking confirmation in the bag swayed this.
I know this is Vietnam, have been there before, so take copies of your documents and reconfirm accommodation.
The above is not a major problem for us, the hotel was great and good place to view the January 1st's New Year from. I would again book this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for staying with Grand Hotel Saigon and for sharing your comments.

We apologise for all the problems that was happened with your family at that time. Your comment is so great for us to improve our services, and quality. In addition, it is a happiness for us when you could choose our hotel for your next trip.

Once again, thank you for choosing Grand Hotel and we look forward to welcome you back at Grand Hotel Saigon in near future soon.