“Lovely city hotel. ”
Review of Grand Hotel Saigon

Grand Hotel Saigon
Ranked #44 of 467 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

This was our last hotel stay in Vietnam and I was impressed with how big and clean the hotel is. Every hotel I have stayed in has impressed me especially the bathrooms. This hotel has the most choice I have seen for breakfast. The pool and spa is lovely and the staff have been helpful. The hotel is well located near the malls, opera house, Saigon river cruises and the tallest building in the city. We only walked to some sights, the hotel arranged a tour for us to other sights not in walking distance. Be careful with bags when walking round as I had heard some stories, but nothing happened to us, but it did put us off walking around. The hotel however felt very safe and secure. I would stay here again.

Stayed: August 2014
Ngoc L, Giám đốc quan hệ công chúng at Grand Hotel Saigon, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Claire T,

With all my heart, I want to say thank you a lot for staying with us. In addition, it is my pleasure when you could have the great experience in Grand Sai Gon Hotel, and Ho Chi Minh City as well.

Your comment is one of the inspirations for us to keep improving our service, and quality. I hope that you could come back our hotel to let us show you how amazing our hotel's is.

All the best wish for you, and your family!

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We chose the Grand Hotel as our first stop on the 13 day trip to Vietnam, thinking it would be nice to have comfortable digs as we settled into the hot and humid environment. The Grand was an excellent choice, it is big, but not too big, well located, top class rooms in the newer part of the hotel, a nice pool and spa, and the most superb breakfast,a fusion of East and West with a good French influence. As you would expect there was a high standard of help and assistance from all staff, front desk, concierge, bell boys, and in the rooms.

Room Tip: There is a older wing, around the pool area and a newer wing in an adjoining tower. We stayed in the...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Joe M,

I would like to say thank for staying with Grand Saigon Hotel. A part of myself could understand your experience when you could have a great trip with you family in Ho Chi Minh city.

I believed that you discovered almost the attractions in Ho Chi Minh city, and took a lot of amazing pictures. In addition, it is so fantastic when you could feel comfortable with our room, and breakfast services. I will send your comment directly to our colleague as your gift for us to give you the better service in the future.

I hope all the best wish will come to you, and I look forward to meet you up again soon.

Guest Relation Manger

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We loved this place right from the start. The check-in was quick and easy. We were on the 10th floor opposite the lift which was very quiet.
Our room was huge and really beautifully decorated in the old colonial style, which is very much to our tastes. The bathroom was beautiful and the toiletries were a good quality.
Staff were helpful and pleasant. The breakfast had something for everyone. The swimming pool is in the center of the building and well away from the bustle of the city.
The location is fantastic with most points of interest close by.
We would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Make sure you book in the heritage wing to have old colonial style rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Doris W,

Thank you for staying with Grand Hotel Saigon and for sharing your comments.

We are delighted to know that your overall experience was a great one and our service was able to meet your expectation. We will continually strive to better improve our service and facilities to deliver exceptional service and create memorable experience to all our guests.

Once again, thank you for choosing Grand Hotel and we look forward to welcome you back at Grand Hotel Saigon in near future soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Very nice hotel and a good location. The best is the breakfast buffet which was so extended and incredibly good. The room is nice and staff is friendly. Strongly recommended to everyone as the price isn't bad either.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear soloslim,

Thank for choosing Grand Hotel Saigon

We are very proud of our staff and it is always rewarding to receive such kind comments as yours. We constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is satisfying to hear that these efforts are noticed. I am thrilled that you were happy with the service and felt that no request was too much trouble. The staff like to ensure our guests are happy and have everything they want during their time with us. I shall ensure that all of your kind comments and praise are passed on to the team.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Grand hotel Saigon

Reviewed 2 August 2014

It was lovely to stay in a hotel with some character but with modern amenities - it felt like we were in an Agatha Christie film! Fantastic service, beautiful rooms, wonderful selection for breakfast and walking distance from town. The location of the pool is delightful and very relaxing to sit there with a drink in the evening.

Just a two minute walk away is a fantastic coffee shop called Cafe RuNam. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Ngoc L, Giám đốc quan hệ công chúng at Grand Hotel Saigon, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Dear Bren R,

Thank you for staying with Grand Hotel Saigon and for sharing your comments.

Best regards,

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel is well located for tours and walking around. A nice hotel, great service and very clean. I have to say that it's noisy. We are in room 715 and have an intermittent noisy AC fan and there is much noise through the 'wood' floors or walls. Not sure if noise from guests or construction! Also, the hallway noise is noticeable in the morning, through the door. Everything else is good. We had dinner on the rooftop restaurant and spent the evening there. The staff and attentive and helpful. The linens and bathroom very clean. Of 16 nights throughout Vietnam, this one is surprisingly noisy given its fanciness!! Maybe they have rooms with carpet that would be more soundproof?

Stayed: August 2014

Dear luckyMe068,

All the best wish for you, and your family!

Reviewed 1 August 2014

This was a great hotel to use as a base for touring Saigon. We checked in after having spent all day tourist'ing around Hanoi before flying to Saigon. It seemed like a long drive from the airport but it wasn't really, it might have just felt that way from a long day.

Check in was easy and when got to the room we found a beautiful room with a great modern bathroom. The only problem was it took the air conditioning quite a long time before the room cooled down. Not that it was overly hot in the first place but after the heat of Saigon, a little more aircon than normal is necessary.

Breakfast was a huge buffet in a very formal looking restaurant. The free WiFi reached the buffet so I was able to hipster my food for the peeps following my journey back home which was nice.

The hotel is set in a very central District 1 location making it really easy to walk about and see the sights on foot. I ignored the advice about catching rides with the locals who sit on their bikes on street corners all over town and they were very friendly and were able to get me back to the hotel no worries. It was pretty obvious that I was the only person who would do this as the bellhops always looked surprised to seeing one of their western guests getting off the back of a local bike but hey it cost 60,000 dong! ($3 Australian at the time).

Make sure you take the time to check out the rooftop bar. It has great views of the city and great drinks, which you can just charge back to your room. I would stay there again no worries.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear FionaLaPow,

First of all, I would like thank you so much for staying with us. Our team and I felt so excited and happy when you could have the best experience with the nice room, and great view in our hotel. We believe that we gave you the positive views about the Vietnamese hotel industry, and the most beautiful part of SaiGon river (as you saw from our hotel).

I hope that we could see you, your family, and your friend as well in our hotel in the near future.

All the best wish for you!

Best Regards,