2,536 results
All reviews old wing rooftop bar breakfast buffet swimming pool dong khoi street opera house lovely hotel reception staff star hotel tour desk post office egg station central location location is excellent stayed nights pho mekong delta
Reviewed 2 January 2016

I splurged a little bit for this one night, seeing as to how I had to leave at 3am to head to the airport, and I didn't arrive until about 5pm the night before. I'm not sure who was looking out for me, how or why I was upgraded to a suite.. The room was bigger than all of my previous hotel rooms in Vietnam combined.. A bit of a stretch maybe but you get the point. There was a sitting room, a powder room, a huge bedroom, and a gigantic bathroom. A bit of a colonial feel, not very Vietnamese at all. But the rooftop bar provided just what I needed. The hotel is super close to shopping and places to dine.

If you're reading this among the other reviews and trying to decide (like I did), please pay no attention to reviews about cheesy decorations or rude staff or construction noise nearby. I paid for a hotel room for 1 night and I got so much more. They even boxed up my free breakfast and sent me to the airport with it. I love this hotel!

Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank MelissaLeigh
Reviewed 2 January 2016

An abject lesson in how to really annoy a customer for the sake of £3. Beware the mini bar menu states "La Vie" alongside the other liquer brands, (Martell Remy etc) as 80,000 VND or almost the same price but in fact it is the brand of a mineral water. The small bottles are complimentary but the larger La Vie bottle is chargeable. I argued to say that I had been duped as no where does it say it is water and had to pay up. Remarkably this was the only time I was ripped off the whole of my holiday..and this by a reputable hotel. Other than that it was fine but it annoyed me so much in principle to ruin my stay

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Henry_T1930, Người quản lý at Grand Hotel Saigon, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2016

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us!

I was very sorry the hotel did not meet your expectations during your staying at Grand Hotel Saigon and I appreciate your feedback again for our future upgrades and service.

I hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Best regards,

Henry Tran
Duty Manager

Reviewed 2 January 2016 via mobile

This hotel really is one of those classical luxury hotels like Raffles in Singapore.
We had a suite in old part of the hotel. Really nice.

Location is also good. Lots of shopping and restaurants in walking distance.
Roof bar on 20th floor provides great view over the city and Saigon river.

Grand piano player in lobby when we arrived

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 January 2016

We were very impressed with the hotel. We requested a quiet room and that is what we got. Room 715 in the new wing looks into an internal courtyard and is away from the traffic noise and elevators. The room was spacious with plenty of storage space. It had a separate bath tub and a large walk in shower. We found the staff very accomodating and upon request we were permitted a free late checkout to coincide with out flight time. Breakfast was certainly a feast and one of the better buffets we have tasted. We would definitely return.

Room Tip: Quiet room view into internal courtyard 715
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Oscardog16
Reviewed 31 December 2015

We stayed 2 nights in the old wing, family of 5 with 3 young kids. The rooms were expansive and charming. The hotel is well located in the heart of the fashionable area of Saigon. However the hotel staff were mostly abrasive and unhelpful, particularly after we checked out on our last day and wanted to use the hotel as a base until our train departed in the evening.

Stayed: December 2015
3  Thank Amy_BH_78
Henry_T1930, Người quản lý at Grand Hotel Saigon, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2016

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us.

I was disappointed to hear you experienced a few service issues which did not meet your expectations during your stay with us. Please be assured we sincerely value all the feedback we receive and I will certainly address your comments with our team to further improve our offerings at the hotel.

Thank you once again for providing us with such valuable feedback.

Best regards,