3,421 results
All reviews overlooking the river rooftop bar colonial suite classic hotel colonial charm pool view fifth floor new wing dong khoi street small pool star hotel breakfast is served opera house welcome drink busy street deluxe room cu chi tunnels
Reviewed 19 February 2017

We stayed at the luxury hotel with a history for 2 nights. The lobby and the building itself are quite impressive. The room isn't that special, but breakfast and rooftop bar, along with the lobby totally make up for that. Great location for exploring the city.

Reviewed 17 February 2017

This hotel emulates the history of days gone by perfectly. The rooms are in keeping with the theme of the hotel and do nothing but compliment it. The feel of the French influence is all around you together with the Art Deco of the twenties. Truly superb. The attentive staff are hard to beat even for the most seasoned traveler as is the choice and presentation of food and drink. Cleanliness is top class and obviously carried out by very well trained staff. In all this hotel is a credit to the owners along with Ho Chi Minh City. A great advert for how it's done. I consider myself to be quite critical and along with very extensive business travels in the south east Asia area, have come to know what is to be expected and what is not, here you have a shining example of my expectations. Thank you indeed for the privilege of staying here.

Room tip: Ask for overlooking the Saigon river
Date of stay: January 2017
Reviewed 17 February 2017 via mobile

The Majestic is Glorious,beautiful, ancient and full of charm and warmth. The welcome back being one of most sincere I've ever come across. The service is first class and breakfasts legendary.I love her.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank il1000
Reviewed 17 February 2017

The hotel is located on the river so we had rooms with river views. Its a short walk to restaurants so the location is pretty good. This is an old style hotel with lots of history, the rooms are therefore large but some of the elevators are tiny, all expected with this kind of property. We had drinks on the top floor which was great. I must complain about some of the service in the 5th floor restaurant though. We were a group of 6 and the first morning, when we had not booked a table the staff refused to move two tables together so we could eat together. They had 1 couple sitting at the six seater table with other smaller tables clearly available. We then booked this large table for the following morning but to our annoyance they did not reserve this and again the table was being used by two people. They ended up moving two tables together (that they had refused to do the day before). When I requested skim milk, I was orginally told "we don't have that"...amazing for a hotel like this but I think this more down to staff training for the restuarant as I was in fact able to get some. Inconsistent, not terrible, just more of an annoyance than anything.

1  Thank trekker065
Reviewed 16 February 2017

This colonial hotel is simply beautiful. The rooms were elegant, spacious and clean. Rooftop drinks at the bar in the evening here are impossible to beat, with views over the river and city buzzing below. The breakfast spread was excellent and the staff faultlessly friendly and helpful.

Date of stay: October 2016