“Great Hotel”

Ranked #38 of 457 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Singapore, null, Singapore
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Stayed here for business trip. Reception told me that my initial booking for non smoking was full and suggested to change to the executive room however I declined when there was to be an extra charge. upon going to my room, I realised that the reception had helped me changed to the executive room at no charges. Executive room was great, it was spacious and you get to use the executive lounge. Breakfast was moderate. the hotel is very near to the night market.

Room Tip: upgrade to the executive level
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

I upgrade to the upper floors and was not disappointed. Good size room with modern amenities. They had a lounge on the 10th floor with a Bar n light eats in the evening that was both indoors and out. Breakfast was a big spread had all one could want. The Chinese restaurant was delightful. The bar in the lobby also was great to spend time with business associates. Will surely stay the the next time I'm in HCMC.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
NewWorldHotel, General Manager at New World Saigon Hotel, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Thank you for sharing your positive comments.
I have shared your positive feedback amongst our Food and Beverage department and Residence Club Floor. I’m delighted that you enjoyed the New World hospitality experience and we hope to welcome you again soon to New World Saigon Hotel.
Australia
Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the new world hotel for 1 night and unfortunately did not live up to expectations. Deluxe room was tired and had a musty smell to it. Staff had trouble understanding English and assisting. Gym facilities aged but very good, tennis court expensive to hire & charged for racquet & ball hire on top. Buffet breakfast fairly limited for a 5 star and buffet seafood dinner limited seafood selection with average quality. Service in restaurant not of 5 star quality. Hotel based in good central location however there are better hotels for this price bracket. A little disappointing :-(

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
We regret that your experience wasn’t to our usual high standard. The hotel offers a full range of English language classes for our associates and they undertake rigorous training programs to ensure we offer the best services in hospitality but I apologize for any inconvenience caused. Guest satisfaction is always our number one priority.

We would be delighted if you would consider staying with us again, you can contact me directly at david.wicker@newworldhotels.com. We hope to welcome you again soon at New World Saigon Hotel.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 11 October 2013

There are quite a few good hotels around Ben Thanh Market and this is one of them. Overall we are happy with the service provided but the only thing that we are not happy with is the constant reminder that they failed to deliver daily newspaper. Front desk and cleaning ladies are to be congratulated on the superb service provided.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank dt3012
I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave your positive feedback here on Trip Advisor. I have shared your feedback with our relative department to ensure newspapers are promptly delivered.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon at New World Saigon Hotel
Washington, DC
Reviewed 10 October 2013

The New World Hotel is quite nice and clean, but it's a bit past it's prime. The rooms are a bit old and outdated, the bathrooms are quite small and in the old or typical hotel style. Service was great. I have no serious complaints, but for about the same price or just a little more you can get a more modern, spacious and brighter room elsewhere in HCMC. Breakfast was on par with other 5 stars in HCMC. I was a bit disappointed with the fresh fruit at the breakfast, much of it was not very fresh or tasty. I don't understand that when you are steps from Binh Thanh market with all the fresh delicious fruit you could want in the city! I stayed on the Residence Club floor and checked out the breakfast on the 10th floor, which while it's really nice that it's quieter and more intimate, the selection is not as good, so I ended up going downstairs to the main breakfast place anyway. If you want drinks in the evening, that room is good, but I did not take advantage of that.

I wasn't totally thrilled with the neighborhood either, as the hotel is quite large, and there is a park on one side, it's very hard to get to nearby restaurants. The streets are very busy and hard to cross here as well. Staying in for dinner is an option, but there are really only one or two restaurants in the hotel, and like all 5 stars in HCMC, the restaurant prices are steep, and you can usually get better food for 1/4 the price when you go out.

Overall, if you stay here you will fine. You will have a lovely stay, but there are better places if you care about that.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
I would like to thank you for your comments regarding our hotel. We take pride in our attentive associates and customer service. We are now in the process of planning for our upcoming renovation plan and take your comments on board. I have also passed your comments to our Food and Beverage department to review. We regularly review our suppliers to ensure we only use the freshest and finest ingredients.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback and I hope we could be of service to you in the near future.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I organised a company retreat in New World and requested for breakfast to be serve to my guest in a seperate area thinking that I will not hold up my group members and the regualr guest. Instead of being appreciated I was given a sub standard breakfast that has less than half the items that my guest was suppose to have in the normal restuarant.

I gave my feed back but none of the answers given to me was of any satisfactory result, well they offered some compensation in a form of refund, the amount was miserable and I can clearly see that they do not value their guest at all.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank arhlau
NewWorldHotel, General Manager at New World Saigon Hotel, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Guest satisfaction is our number one priority here at New World Saigon Hotel. Previously, I have apologized for any miscommunications that may have taken place due to communicating with a third party agency and limited contact with yourself. To further discuss, please contact me directly at David.Wicker@newworldhotels.com, as we would like to resolve the above issue and instil faith in our hotel and commitment to guest satisfaction.
Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay here- but for the same price could have stayed at an even better hotel on HCMC. But overall I can't grumble- good sized room- attentive staff and the most delicious breakfast in that part of Saigon.

Stayed October 2013
NewWorldHotel, General Manager at New World Saigon Hotel, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Dear Andalucian99,

Thank you for taking the time to feedback on your recent stay. I will share with our associates your positive feedback and comments on our delicious breakfast buffet at Parkview restaurant.

I hope that you enjoyed your trip at Ho Chi Minh City and we look forward to welcoming you again at New World Saigon Hotel.

Best regards,