New World Saigon Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$190
US$184
InterContinental
Lotte Legend Hotel Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$133
US$118
  • Pool
Hotel Nikko Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$135
US$128
Nikko Hotels
US$205
US$162
Sheraton.com
  • Restaurant
Eastin Grand Hotel Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$101
US$73
Agoda.com
The Reverie Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$277
Agoda.com
Lan Lan Hotel 2(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$39
US$36
  • Breakfast included
Park Hyatt Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$333
US$84
US$73
  • Pool
Villa Song Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$214
2,447 results
All reviewsresidence clubpool partyexecutive floorben thanh marketstar hotelbusiness tripthe club loungeexcellent hotelbusiness hotelwalking distancecentral locationpleasant stayan upgradenight marketbreakfast buffetphosaigon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Stayed here four nights and changed room three times, this hotel broke my hotel staying record. The noise level in this hotel room is terrible with two major contributors, traffic noise from the main road and the water piping or drainage system. I have to change three times because I can constantly hear noise from the running water. There was even one night which happen in 3am. On the third night, I ran down to the lobby at midnight because of noise again and saw that the lobby is packed with guest checking in/out, no wondering I can hear running water all night long. I wasn't meant to ask for changing to another room again, with the packing and unpacking, this is no fun, therefore I asked for ear plugs instead and I was told that it is not available. After much discussion with the manager, he admitted that sometimes there is noise from the water pipe because of the age of the hotel. At the end, they upgraded me to the residence floor, which finally I can sleep better. I really think that this hotel need a facilities upgrade or update.
On the plus side, this hotel location is excellent, close to the market and lots of local eatery nearby. Breakfast and lunch selection were good, you can have pho every morning, however, I found the pho during lunch is much better than morning due to the way it was being prepared.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
NewWorldHotel, General Manager at New World Saigon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Thank you for your review of New World Saigon Hotel.

I would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused due to any noise disruption. We are continuously reviewing and implementing new measures to ensure noise and disruption to our guests is kept to a minimum. As a result of your comments, we are also now purchasing ear plugs.

Thank you for your positive comments on our great location and breakfast and lunch selection.
We hope to welcome you again at New World Saigon Hotel.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

I booked a Residence Club Deluxe Room with Expedia in this hotel, which included a late check out at 4pm as we had a late flight leaving Saigon. Upon entering the hotel, we were approached by a member of staff and ushered to the main reception desk until we told them we were in the Club Rooms. Then we were escorted up to the Club Level and welcomed by a member of staff there. This was around 6:50pm and the evening cocktails and canapes finished at 7:30pm, so the staff immediately invited us to partake of the club lounge while they filled out the registration paperwork.
The lady doing this then advised us we'd been upgraded to the Residence Club Deluxe Room (which we'd booked anyway, so this was confusing). Upon asking about the late check out, she checked and said 4pm would be okay, even telling us we could use the Club Lounge after we'd checked out in order to wait for our late flight.
The Deluxe Room was a decent size with a large bed, writing table, small couch, flat screen TV, electronic safe, bathrobes, slippers etc. A turn down service was offered on an evening, and a small ceramic figurine was left as a little gift each night. Breakfast was served in the Club Lounge or in the main restaurant and we opted for the latter, simply due to the choice on offer. It was buffet style, with tea/coffee served at your table. Some of the tables were a little close to other tables in my opinion. The selection was great though, and the staff here really attentive.
The Club Lounge was available for coffee/tea/soft drinks/cookies throughout the day, then at 5:30pm-7:30pm was cocktails and canapes time. A member of staff would make cocktails, spirits/mixers etc for you, or you could help yourself to wine/beer. The food on offer in the lounge was terrific; fresh soft spring rolls, samosas, pizza, small sandwiches, dim sum, salad, slice meats, cheese, bread, and cakes - you could easily fill your plate and not have to bother with evening dinner (which some people clearly did). Free Wi-fi was provided in the lounge and the hotel room.
Location is great, not far from Ben Thanh market on one side, and on the other you have the backpacker bars/cafes and funky shops on Bui Vien.
On our final day with a midnight flight looming, we confirmed the late check out, then upon enquiring about the use of the Club Lounge which we had been told we could use after check out, we were told that this would incur a charge of $20USD each. We were happy to pay this rather than trail around the hot streets of Saigon in the evening, but it would have been nice to have been told this earlier upon check-in when the offer was initially made to us. I asked the staff to confirm that my key card would get us up to the Club Level in the lift and was assured this would be no problem.
We checked out at 4pm, left the bags with the concierge on the ground floor and spent some time by the hotel pool. There are showers at the pool (with liquid soap), and also showers at the pool spa which are free to use, so after the pool we showered and changed. But upon then trying to get back up to the Club Level, found that the key card was no longer recognised in the lift. A quick trip to reception resolved this and we spent the night in the Lounge until around 9pm when we left and got a taxi to the airport.
In summary, a nice hotel, great location, but I just have a couple of little niggles about the experience at the Club Level. It wouldn't deter me from returning, it was a great Club Lounge compared to others I've experience, and I sincerely hope this was just a communication issue.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Happynoodleboy_uk

Thank you for your comments on our Residence Club Floors and Residence Club Living Room. We are delighted you were able to take advantage of these benefits. It’s also great to hear that you were able to enjoy our facilities at the hotel including our pool. However, I would like to apologize for any miscommunications during your stay and any inconvenience this may have caused; your comments are being looked into.

We hope to welcome you again soon at New World Saigon Hotel.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

The hotel room has the musty smell of an old hotel. But the room was quite spacious and the staff were quite attentive.

But the hotel location is very good. It's just a 5 minute walk to Benh Thanh and the Night Market and about a 5 minute taxi ride to Saigon Square.

They do not serve the best hotel food, but with the reasonable price and the very good location, I will stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
NewWorldHotel, General Manager at New World Saigon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Thank you for your comments regarding our spacious rooms, attentive associates, and good hotel location. We’re really pleased that you were able to enjoy the near-by attractions, Ben Thanh Market and Saigon Square.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

I stayed in the Residence Club & I really couldn't ask for much more! The staff, service, quality of the room and knowledge the staff had about the local places & shops was exceptional.
I highly recommend choosing this hotel for your stay.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 22 November 2013

A large hotel which had every thing you needed, On arrival they wanted to charge for in room wi-fi, the first time throughout our Vietnam trip. I protested and they agreed to let us have it for free. (the charging for wi-fi really should be a thing of the past, it is a facility that should be provided as a matter of course just like coffee and tea and linen!) Prices were not unexpectedly higher here than central and north Vietnam. The restaurant was very cafeteria like and the buffet was open to all and sundry so a lot of external visitors, The lack of a good eating facility detracted from the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple