Rex Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Asian Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
View Hotel
Hotel Continental Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
  • Breakfast included
Oscar Saigon Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
  • Breakfast included
Norfolk Hotel Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
  • Breakfast included
Caravelle Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
Bong Sen Hotel Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
  • Breakfast included
Palace Hotel Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
2,621 results
All reviewsrooftop barwest winggovernor suitevietnam warstar hotelhistoric hotelpremium roompillow menuconstruction sitenguyen huethe executive loungebreakfast buffetcity hallfifth floorcentral locationwalking streetopera house
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 May 2012

Great location but my first night I experience constuction noice starting in morning, second night transfer room with street view and it's noisy in addition my neighbor room guest was on phone until 1am, had to bang on wall for him to lower the volume of his voice. Third night was same but tonight 4 th night little quiter, may be neighbour guy checked out. Requested quiter room on 2nd day but they gave me street view. All other service is great only problem is noisy for me

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 May 2012

We stayed for 3 nights and enjoyed it immensley, beautiful view to the gardens across the road and the Peoples Committee building. Easy walk to the General Post Office, Notre Dame and the Reunification Palace, terrific restaurants in very easy walk. The lobby restaurant worked really well for us, both for dinner and lunch, really reasonable prices. The breakfast restaurant is large and as someone else said theres a great egg station.
Its a lovely place to come 'home' to after a hot day site seeing, I only wish the Spa was more affordable. Staff were great and really helpful.

We happened to be there on the 31st of March, World Earth Hour and the management put on a great free cocktail hour, apparently they do this once a month regardless. They turn all the lights off and have drinks by candle light, really impressed. Our room was large and had a great bed, shower too was really good. I would certainly stay again but it does sound like you should guarantee the new wing.

Room Tip: Choose the new wing.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 May 2012

I was last in Saigon in 1970. Was sationed at the Caravelle Hotel and knew the location of the Rex and had see iit from the outside - but never stayed there. Stayed there on my recent trip just for "old times sake". On arrival, hotel is quite impressive. The lobby, coffee shop and reception area are very wecoming. So was the AC! A pat of the hotel has boutique shops if Cartier and the like. My room wasn'r ready, so I was invited into the coffee shop/bar for a pink fu fu drink with an umbrella sitting in the glass. I had booked a "double deluxe" room in the "old" section of the hotel so wasn't sure what I would get. Elevator ride was OK. Then I got out into the hallway of the 3rd floor - into what appeared to be an oven. I know it's a cost-saving measure - but why do these hotels spens a fortune on renovations, but fail to have AC in the hallways and public areas on each floor?? When you have a key for room entry instead of a keycard - you know it's going to be an old room. Room itself was large enough, flatscreen TV, wifi and cable internet connection, 2 free bottle of water, and good AC. Bathroom has only bath/shower, and poor, dirty shower curtain, old fittings and soap holders. Shelf above the sink was very small, and with all the hotel amenities stacked on there - nowhere for my personal toiletries. There was mold in some of the grouting in the tiles around the bath.The bathrooms definitely renovation!. Wondered why the curtains in my room were drawn - only to open them and find out I looked a a cement wall about 2 metres from my room. It seeems most rooms have either street view of courtyard view - except some rooms like mine that have a cement wall view. No wonder the maids closed the curtain. During my 3-night stay I found out that the TV reception/cable was intermittent (now this is a 4-star hotel), and that altho I could receive e-mails on my laptop, I could not send. After calling service desl, the assistant manager cam to my room and invited me to use the business centre for sending. Explanation given was that the government was restricting internet usage because it was coming up to 30 April - "Reunification Day". That excuse did not go over well with me. It was a pain to have to go to the business centre and plug into the hotel's LAN just to send my e-mails!! Breakfast room on the top floor gives a great view of the central city. Depening on your ethnic food choices- the breakfast can be great, average or... Thank goodness for the egg station where you could get a good omelette of fried or scrambles eggs. Plenty of fruit. Good cheese almost non-existent in Vietnam. Why is it all these hotels only offer "natural" yoghurt? Surely with all the fruit available - they could offer fruit-based yoghurts? Service from the front desk staff was very good. They remembered my room number after the first visit to the desk. Not sure if I would stay here again as the price increase to get a room in the "newer" part of the hotel does not justify it. There plenty of newer hotels in the vicinity that have AC in all public areas/hallways. Location is great though, just a few minutes walk from the Opera House, Post Office and about 15 minutes from Ben Thanh Markets. I had heard a lot about the Spa at the Rex Hotel and how inexpensive it was - however - when I went to book in found that it was higher-priced than some of the other spas in the area.

Room Tip: Don't take a room in the old part of the hotel!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank kwalaT
salemarketing, Guest Relations Manager at Rex Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2012

Dear kwalaT,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us.

We are glad to hear that you found Rex Hotel Saigon in good location and the service from our front desk staff was very good. Regarding your comments about the air-conditioner in the hallways and public areas, the room, the internet connection, I have raised these issues to our Management Team, we do hope you will see the improvement in your next visit.

One of other concern is about breakfast, we will take your comment as a consideration to improve it.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback, it is extremely helpful for us to improve our services and products.

We are seeking for another opportunity to welcome you again to Rex Hotel Saigon in the near future.

Kind regards,

Quan Tieu My – Bella (Ms.)

Reviewed 29 April 2012

Great rooftop bar, best view in Saigon and not too expensive, maybe double normal prices. Great cocktails.

Room Tip: It is noisey on the lower floors and the front rooms have a much better view.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank edkemp2002
Reviewed 26 April 2012

This is an excellent hotel, though not cheap. But it is value for money, with incredibly good food. The buffet breakfast will fill you up right until dinner. There are two swimming pools with good access hours, and the world-famous rooftop bar where there is no hassle, no cover charge, and live music nightly. The location is walking distance to several museums and major buildings, and a ten or fifteen minute walk to the river for the riverboats and ferries. I had a splendid week there.

Room Tip: Ask for an outer room if you want a view of more than a service area.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business