Stayed here for 2 nights on a Rex suite overlooking the main street.
My flight got very delayed before I stayed here and I was really contemplating on spending a night earlier.
After staying at a relatively cheaper hotel near Ben Than Market, I called up their reservations office if I can check in early at 12PM. I was surprised because they had no hesitations nor I had a very long conversation. They just checked for the availability of the room and after a few minutes, early check-in was confirmed.
Rooms - Rex suite was by far the best I've stayed considering the not so expensive price
- Very spacious suite with a small balcony facing the main street
- Bigger than the usual sala
- Big, comfortable, soft bed with a complimentary extra pillow choice
- Bathroom with bathtub
- Safe, big cabinet, slippers, bathrobes
- Complimentary Shoe shine service
- Welcome Fruit Platter
- Flat screen TV
- Strong WIFI
- Quiet though there is construction on going
Breakfast buffet - Excellent
- Western and Vietnamese food
- Service was perfect
Lobby/Activities Concierge - Excellent
- Last minute booking for a USD$30 Golden Dragon Water Puppet Show
I was told I will be having a back seat, but I was surprised to have the front seat
Original price is $7.00 but for the front seats and chauffeur (Mercedes Benz) its a
- I would like to commend Ms. V and Mr. Try for taking care of me
Pool - Clean but with some chipped tiles
Area over the sun-loungers can be improved
Rex-Rooftop Bar - Vietnamese Food was Superb
- Service was very good
- Nice place to hang-out over dinner
The hotel is walking distance to the Saigon Opera House (AO show), at the backyard of the City Hall, a few minutes walk to the Notre Dame Cathedral, Post Office, Reunification Center and a Mall.
The hotel also has boutique shops of Cartier, Tumi etc but I find it more expensive than the shops in Singapore.
I am proud to say that this is my home in Saigon/HCMC!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strategically located at the best of downtown Saigon, the Rex Hotel is a luxury 5 stars hotel heritage dating back to early 20th century when it was originally opened as a French garage. For over 80 years, as a landmark, as well as a witness of the ups and downs of the city's history, the Rex Hotel was rebuilt to become one of the city's most incredible addresses. It prides itself to offer guests many high-class facilities including 286 individually designed guestrooms, a range of function & meeting room's ideal for wedding, business or events, the La Cochinchine spa, and four in-house restaurants, cafe and bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Fastbooking, Odigeo, Hotelopia, Agoda, TravelUp, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rex Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rex Hotel Saigon
- Rex Ho Chi Minh City