Palace Hotel Saigon
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Oscar Saigon Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
  • Breakfast included
Tan Hoang Long Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
  • Breakfast included
Catina Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
  • Breakfast included
Huong Sen Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
  • Breakfast included
Bong Sen Hotel Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
  • Breakfast included
Saigon Prince Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
  • Pool
The Reverie Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
View Hotel
The Reverie Residence(Ho Chi Minh City)
View Hotel
Saigon River Boutique Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsnguyen hue streetsmall balconycity hallwalking streetbreakfast buffetfantastic locationben thanh marketnoodlespost officelemongrasshcmcdeluxe
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I arrived late so I surely got one of the few rooms left which seemed a bit small though I realise the building is not so new. The room fit out was quite new though the shower head was old. The toilet seemed to make a running water sound all night.

If there's only person in a room the housekeeper only puts one bottle of water rather than two, thus encouraging you to have more from the mini bar.

Breakfast was reasonable for a small hotel. Night markets only a few minutes walk away.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I have stayed here for 3 different times during my 20 days trip in Vietnam with my two young children. I am Vietnamese myself, and I go to Vietnam to visit my elderly parents every year. I normally would stay at Grand hotel, but since I have found this one, I decide to stay of Palace hotel instead. I will mention pros and cons below. However, so far it is my favorite hotel in Ho Chi Minh city. I will definitely to stay here again. I have booked palace suite, which has very nice bathroom and views.
Pros:
1.This hotel has great staff, professional and attentive.
2. Food is clean and has authentic Vietnamese taste, not much preservative. However, the price can be high comparing to local food. You pay for what you get.
3. Rooms are clean, especially newer section. The hotel locates at one of the most beautiful and expensive street in Ho Chi Minh city.
4. There are a lot of security on the street. It means safe to walk around.
4. Walking distances to different tourist places in Ho Chi Minh city.
5. Reasonable price for the value---I love the price ( 1/2 less than Grand. Hotel for comparable size).
6. Largest bookstore is next door. You can find book mainly in Vietnamese and English here. Lots of toys.

Cons:
1. Internet can be extremely slow in a few rooms which can be annoying. When I complain, they did not mind to change the rooms that have better witless connection. However, changing room can be a chores especially that I travel with my young kids. I am from USA so witless is standard ( I don't mind to pay extra money for it).
2. Not many room has central AC.
3. The swimming pool is clean but can be very deep for young children. There are no stairs for the not strong swimmer to sit around and chill.
4. Beverage are expensive; for example, a Coke pop at circle K next door costs $.30/ can. At the hotel, it is $3.5/ can.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Hotel is good, with a good situation to walk everywhere in district #1. We were happy to enjoy the pool, because it was very hot. the room is a little small, but very clean and a lot of choice for breakfast. Be aware the pool is close monday. I'll be back there if i have to visit Ho Chi Minh again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Marie062
Reviewed 13 June 2014

It was my first trip to Ho Chi Minh City. I was on an overnight transit and thus, were not very particular about the choice of hotel. This hotel was chosen for no particular reason. We arrived early and had to wait a bit for the room to be ready. The lobby is quite small but luggage can be kept in storage so we are able to explore outside the hotel to while away the time. The hotel staffs are friendly and always tried to assist with whatever enquiries. The room we had was quite small and has a 'wall' view ie your line of sight outside the window is 20 feet at the most. Water shower pressure is good and the warm water works. Free WiFi is available inside the room and is quite speedy.
There is a convenient store just outside the hotel. The hotel is quite close to the Ben Thanh market, (about 15 minutes walk) a popular shopping heaven especially for Malaysian tourists. Their speciality are textiles and clothing material, with specific inclination towards Malaysian fashion tastes and styles. Prices are very cheap comparatively, although you must bargain hard to get the best deal. If you are buying souvenir T-shirts, do not take the sizes at face value. You must actually look and inspect the product. I bought an XXL t-shirt for souvenir but when I tried it on at the hotel room, it is actually an M or at the most an L. Luckily I managed to get it changed the next day. Most of the shoppers can speak business Malay, you can tailor-make to measure almost item of clothing and have them delivered to your hotel.
The coffee house serves buffet breakfast, which goes with the room. Quite a spread of food selection, but they are mainly Asian. Checking in and out is a breeze especially if you have booked and paid in advance. Taxis to the airport are easily available and the bell-boys are very helpful with the luggage. If you are looking for a clean and quiet hotel in the heart of HCMC, this place fits well. Be aware though, of 'good time' touts on the streets outside the hotel especially at night.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Picked the Palace Hotel as it is in the hub of District 1. We found that it was a leisurely walk to markets, restaurants and other places of interest.
This hotel is ok at best, the room was clean but small, we ask for a room with a view, maybe we should have been a bit more meticulous with our words, and we got wall view that was tucked in a corner. Not what we expected as we were there for a week. We noticed that the rooms with a view were very transit.
Rooftop pool was very nice, clean and not overdosed with chemicals. Has a bar but not always staffed. The view was outstanding.
Wife was interested in the spa, found that it whiffed of mouldy, didn’t use.
Breakfast was Buffet style; there were ample selections but mainly Asian.
Staffs were friendly and helpful as was the Tour desk when it was staffed.
Value for money, over the top priced for what you get.
Would I stay there again? no.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family