“Loved the Legend”

Ranked #23 of 457 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
New York City, New York
“Loved the Legend”
Reviewed 16 February 2011

We stayed here during our stay in Saigon for Tet. The hotel is a beautiful, clean, and modern hotel. It has met my expections and more. The rooms were clean, wifi in-room was really convenient! The breakfast buffet was sooooooo good, we loved getting up in the morning just to have breakfast! Hotel location was just a few minutes walk from everything central in saigon - and if you didnt want to walk, you can sign up for shuttles to the main areas for free! I loved this feature about the hotel, since other hotels in the area didn't offer. Will stay here again! I miss my stay at the Legend hotel and can't wait to come back!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 26 January 2011

The service at the hotel was excellent. The breakfast buffet is worth it. The staff is very accommodating. The location is central - just be careful crossing the street in front of the hotel. If you are going to the downtown touristy area, I'd recommend leaving by the back or 'city' entrance instead of by the front door. It's much quicker and less polluted.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mashap
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 24 January 2011

For a 2 day business trip to Ho Chi Minh I stayed in the Legend Hotel Saigon. In many aspects, it was a good stay. The hotel is located about 20 mins from the airport next to the river. It is in walking distance of the opera and at night it is easy to find sufficient restaurants in the vicinity.

The rooms were newly decorated and although not top 5 star quality, they were still tastefully done. There is free wireless in the room which is a plus.

Service of the staff throughout our stay was very good. People are friendly, anticipate on any requirements or needs you might have and are very warm.

Two main disadvantages: the price (USD 160) is according to me too high. For this price you can get better international hotels in Ho Chi Minh. Another disadvantage is the quality of the food. Choices during breakfast are limited and quality of the food was so-so. We also had dinner in the Chinese restaurant which was OK, but nothing really jumped out.

All in all a good choice for a short business trip.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
Katy, Texas
Reviewed 18 January 2011

My wife and I went the weekend of Jan 15, 2001 and it top treatment from pickup at the airport to checkout. I have been all ove asia and stayed at a number of Hotels. This has been the very best. We plan on coming back and they are the location to stay.

Great food, Massage and staff. No problems.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 9 January 2011

I always get on Trip Advisor & read reviews but never thought I'd be the person to write one. I had to write a review on this Hotel as I was more than impressed with the quality, service that staff gave us & the location is very central to District 1 & the main attractions etc. My partner & I stayed here on the 26th December 2010 for 7 consecutive nights.
We found the staff to be very friendly & helpful & always smiling. They were very prompt to organize anything we wanted them to, & it was always done fast, efficiently & to a high standard. We absolutely loved the pool area as it is hard to find one in Saigon this nice. We even went to the the Rex Hotel, which is another well to do 5 star hotel in District 1 & compared their pool to ours, & the Legend won by a long shot. The pool is quite large, has a spa & is beautifully landscaped. There is a spa salon, bar & restaurant right by the poolside for your convenience. The pool area has some shaded areas to beat the heat if you want to sunbake with fear of getting sunburnt. We found the Pool area to be a very tranquil & relaxing environment to be in after a day of sight seeing the city. There are also 2 convenient entrances to the Hotel. One of them is the front entrance to the hotel & the other is an entrance which takes you to the backstreets of the city. Be aware the gate shuts at 11pm I think?? Just in case you decide to use it after this time to get in, don't bother as it will be closed & you will have to walk the long way around...
Our rooms was spacious, modern & clean. Everytime we had or room cleaned, we came back & it was immaculate. The staff who cleans your room even leaves a card with their name, the time date etc that they cleaned your room so you know who actually cleaned your room that day. The Chinese Restaurant was the best I've ever been to. They have quite an extensive menu so make sure to go to that one. The other restaurants sadly we did not get to experience but will next time we stay there... I can't rate this hotel highly enough. It is the best 5 star city Hotel I've ever stayed in & probably ever will I dare say. My partner & I couldn't even pick one fault with it. he buffet breakfast will blow your mind!! Get those tantalizing tastebuds out because you will be in for a real treat!! They do asian cuisine, western style food, pastries, cakes, fruits, you name it they have it!! I will recommend the Legend Hotel to anyone travelling to HCMC. Everything about it we loved. Please do yourself a favour, stay here & you wont be disappointed :)

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Melbourne
Reviewed 7 January 2011

During a business trip I stayed at the Legend Hotel for a couple of days. The service was very good,the people were very polite,friendly and helpfull. The facilities were great and enjoyed the gym as well as the executive club which was first class. Value for money

Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
London
Reviewed 17 December 2010

I had the chance to stay at this hotel and found it to be very good quality. Very well appointed, much as you would find in any 5 star hotel in the developed world. The staff were uniformly sweet and helpful. I had a number of meals in the hotel at two of its restaurants, and the food was delicious.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business