Saigon Hotel
Caravelle Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$165
US$150
  • Pool
Hotel Nikko Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$146
US$139
Nikko Hotels
US$101
  • Breakfast included
US$95
US$67
  • Pool
Sofitel Saigon Plaza(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$150
US$139
  • Pool
Villa Song Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$175
US$171
Silverland Yen Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$136
US$116
  • Breakfast included
US$114
US$91
US$138
US$102
The Reverie Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$366
US$315
Hotels.com
All reviewswithin walking distancegreat locationbuffet breakfast isstar hotelbusiness districtwell located hotelspacious roomrooms are bigopera houseben thanh marketevery morningwould definitely stay here againstreetwifivietnamcitysaigon
Reviewed 23 February 2010

Saigon hotel is not a fancy hotel (for 5 star hotel, there is a Sheraton across the street). The facilities are old, but they are clean. Hotel staffs are mostly hospitable, though too polite sometimes to make both side embarrassed. In general, it is a budget hotel with acceptable quality service.

Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Polarbear_tw
An Agoda Traveller
Reviewed 17 January 2010

• Stayed: January 2010
Reviewed 23 July 2009

My friend and i stayed here for 4 nights.
It was clean and had great sized rooms.
The clerks at the front desk spoke English well and were very helpful when we needed to be pointed in the direction is things such as ATMs, best places to shop and best places to eat.
The rooms get cleaned everyday and we also somehow managed to score a free buffet breakfast every morning (not sure if it was included but it was a suprise)
The best aspect of this hotel was it's convenient location and its friendly staff. If you're expecting to watch TV for most of your stay in Saigon then this is not the hotel for you, the reception was very bad, was not an issue for us.
We would have no problem in recommending this hotel to family and friends.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank kk04aus
Reviewed 22 September 2008

I had booked the hotel considering price and location. I can say that it has met my expectations and slightly exceeded them in terms of how great the location was for this hotel. The place itself has its charms as it is decorated in a shabby-chic manner what with its yellow walls, fuschia pillars, old-school lock and key system and sewing machine legs for their tables in the dining area. The place has a fashion boutique on the ground floor, the dining area on the second and 2-3 more floors up for the rooms.

I had stayed in the small and simple rooms which went for $30 at the time I booked it and I'd say it's worth the price for the following reasons: wifi was available (only sporadic downtimes, which I am not too happy about, but I still got a whole lot if internet time while I was there.)

Second reason is the location as it is right around the corner of Dong Khoi, Le Loi and Le Than Ton streets. Don Khoi street has the little fashion boutiques and lovely little restaurants, Le Loi is a main street where you can find the famous Trung Nguyen and Highlands Coffee places and art galleries, and Le Than Ton is a left turn from Dong Khoi and as you keep walking it leads you to the City Hall and the Ben Thanh Market. The street of the hotel is also home to an Aussie-owned sportsbar, a posh little bar with good wine and music (also serves breakfast, lunch and dinner with free wifi!), Thai, Japanese and Indian restaurants, Hair Salons, and Saigon Tourist taxi stop.

Third reason is that the experience in the hotel has a very homey- feel. I'd hope to see more cleaning on the antique furniture that designs the place, but I guess they didn't make that as a priority. Their priority was to make sure your toiletries were re-filled if used, towels and sheets changed (I had noticed they changed my towels twice!) The AC and showers all working perfectly (the shower was good what with various settings and heat!) They keep your passport and key safe for you as you head out for the day and not worry about losing them while you travel around the town. Breakfast is ok - Vietnamese Crepe was a refreshing, filling and tasty meal in the morning, and the coffee hot and ready for you as well. I was only worried about one night where I came home late and found the entrance closed - all you gotta do is knock as there is always one member of the staff who stays up to attend to their guests' midnight troubles! The staff also help you with getting information for tours you can go to (although you book it yourself) and do their best to attend to your needs. All you gotta do is smile and ask!

Some guests stay here for extended-stays (weeks!) and some do stop overs and some stay a week. Place is good for solo travellers and couples. This may be a little too high end for those who want to go the backpacking road (I think areas in Bui Vien have those types of hostels) and may be too shabby for those who want their creature comforts and regular hotel look and feel.

I liked the "quaintness" of this place.Yes, it's small. Yes, it can get tiring going up those stairs. And that darn key can get frustrating to use, BUT I don't mind going back and staying in the not so Ordinary bed and breakfast in my next trip to Saigon.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Joepi
Reviewed 15 March 2008

Best price and value for this location. The hotel situated in the best part of HCM. Many major attractions are within 10-20 minutes walking distance. With traffic getting worst each day in HCM due to the ever increasing amount of scooters, it's nice to be able to walk and not have to depend on taxi. The room I had was spacious and clean. All rooms have windows which is a must for me. I stayed at Bong Sen hotel one time and hated it because it cost more and the room was so dark without window. Breakfast on the 9th floor was average with a lot of choices. The restaurant have a good view of the river. It seems many tours book rooms at this hotel. You need to get to breakfast early before the tour group. They usually show up around 7:30-8:00am. There are many restaurants, coffee shops, and high-end stores around the hotel. This is the main tourist area of HCM. You will pay more in these restaurants. However, it's still relatively inexpensive comparing to the state and you don't have to worry about food hygiene in this area.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank nvomy