“Good location, clean rooms and good breakfast”
Review of Aquari Hotel

Aquari Hotel
Ranked #115 of 468 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We only spent two days in Saigon and had a "superior" room at Aquari Hotel. The hotel looks modern with a nice, modern and spacious lobby. Front-desk staff was helpful. Our room was pretty standard but very clean. The size of the room was fine for two people and the bed was "super king size". The bathroom was also comfortable with a bathtub. The breakfast was complimentary and very good. A chef was preparing eggs for you according to your wishes. Maybe the best thing about the hotel, however, was its location. All the main attractions of the district were within walking distance.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 22 December 2013

Hotel is walking distance to major tourist attractions and restaurants and bars. Our room was very modern, spacious and clean. The breakfast is good. It's more a 4 star hotel. Value for money. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Have nothing but good things to say about the Aquari. Picked up at the airport by super-friendly Dat. I know, a taxi would have been less expensive but there's something about being met. Informative and quick trip to the hotel. Booked into perfect room for 2 nights overlooking the River. Moving for next three nights to a stunning city view room with 3 huge windows and view of city & partial river. Beds are fine for me, but pillows are a bit hard. No real complaints though. Enormous king size bed, lots of storage space, writing (PC) desk and excellent TV set with an unexpected number of channels. Full marks for that! The Internet is blazing fast. Faster and less intermittent than I've ever had previously anywhere in the world. It looks to me like there might be a router in each room? I could be wrong. I found the front desk and front door staff to be beyond perfection. I had problem with my PC when I first arrived, and one of the front desk gentlemen took about 20 minutes out of his busy day and SOLVED the technical problem! This is beyond what one would expect. Have enjoyed my breakfasts so far .. Absolutely no complaints with food or staff.

I can't understand the three star rating though. From other hotels where I have stayed in most major cities around the planet, the Aquari Hotel would be rated at LEAST a 4 star property, or more. I couldn't ask for anything better. A home like this in Ho Chi Minh makes me want to return again. Thank you kind people at the Aquari.

Room Tip: The only tip I have is to try this hotel. I cannot imagine being disappointed.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 November 2013

PROS: Very clean rooms, Comfortable beds and pillows, classy interiors, Great shower, Good wi-fi, Great breakfast choices, Good view of the river, Great location (near Opera House and Saigon Square), lots of taxi cabs waiting outside

CONS: Some staff seem to have no enthusiasm with their work (some were okay though -- the bellboy was very friendly), rooms not noise-proof for a 3-star hotel (I can even hear the other room's TV), surrounding streets a bit dark and creepy at night, shower area a bit too small, expensive airport transfers ($30)

What I liked the best about the hotel: The location and the bed
What I disliked the most about the hotel: The surrounding streets
Would I recommend this hotel? Yes, but for new tourists... I'm not sure. :(

My first impression of this hotel wasn't really good because the surrounding streets were dark, but when I got used to it I fell in love with the place. :)

Room Tip: The higher the better: Choose a room in a higher floor for less noise. You can also ask if you can u...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 November 2013

The reviews of this hotel read well..........perhaps I'm hard to please.
Pros - very clean and,well located. It's about a 10-15 minute walk to Benh Thanh Market but I appreciated being out of the chaos that is around the market area. The room had the biggest bed I've seen and sooooooooooooo incredibly comfortable, unlike hard Vietnamese beds I have read about. Loads of storage; the shower was good; breakfast was OK with quite a lot of variety, there were eggs made to order which was great, good WIFI. TV size was great and an in-room safe with fingerprint technology - first I've seen.
Cons - the shower is over the bath and it's qute a step up and down - not good for older or those with joint issues. Some staff were sullen and appeared to not want to be there - the female 'greeter' at breakfast was a good example. The biggest issue for me was the noise from other rooms, especially above. You can hear every door/cupboard shut and every chair etc being moved.............it spoiled my stay and I would not return because of this.

Room Tip: The higher the better so you have no-one above you!!!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Viviennek28
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Very nice stay, thank you. Had a top floor river view. Bright clean and airy. Excellent black out curtains! Used the gym a couple of times, again clean and airy, new equipment. Breakfast was good, the only thing I was disappointed with was the chicken curry (not a lot really). Otherwise the breakfast was well suited to Asian and European.
Very close and nice walk to local Korean, Japanese, Asian and French restaurants.
I'll certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: High and river view was very good.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We'll located 3 star hotel in the 1district. Near the opera and the Mekong river.plenty of restaurants nearby,mainly good Japanese and french.International we'll assorted food shop just 150 mt.
Good service,friendly staff.
Breakfast fits both asian and international taste,food we'll presented.
We got room at 10th floor with view on Saigon river.Bed good size and comfortable.Plenty of storage space. Safe in the room, using fingerprint recondition, however instruction missing.Bathroom clean and spacious.
Conclusion: this is an hotel I would recommend due to location and price quality ratio

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple