“Just great” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #33 of 448 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Shanghai, China
“Just great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

It will cost you 120.000 dong to get here from the airport und you are welcome in a lobby area with a nice bar and excellent service. On the 20th floor there is another cool bar which is recommendable and a lift takes you straight up.
The spa has a lovely pool and a sauna and gym is also available, so you can relax (and of course order a massage as well), if there is time.
Rooms are modern and with free wi fi you have all you need. Last but not least there is a huge breakfast served and also here nothing is lacking to start the day.

We can only recommend this hotel, as it is also in walking distance to district one with a lot of attractions and museums (10 min for example to the war remnants museum).

Room Tip: If you take a floor on the premierlevel, drinks and snacks are served all evening.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
NovotelSaigon, General Manager at Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear RSF15,

Warmest greetings from Novotel Saigon Centre and thank you very much for taking some of your valuable time and sharing your recent experience with us here on TripAdvisor.

I also would like to thank you for staying with us and I am delighted to read that you had a great time with us. Please rest assured that I will be sharing your feedback with the team and I am sure this will serve as an encouragement to all of us as we always strive to further improve our services.

If I ever can be of any assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and it would be a pleasure to welcome you back again at Novotel Saigon Centre in the not too distant future.

Lionel.Moinard@accor.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

Great hotel. Room was ready for early check in. The gym was awesome! All machines were wiredfor TV and internet! Breakfast buffet was exceptional and dinner was great as well. Within walking distance of Notre Dame Cathedral.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

NovotelSaigon, General Manager at Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Dear Mary J,

Thank you for your review and for staying with us.

I am delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. Please rest assured that I will be sharing your review with the team and I am sure that everybody will be very happy to hear about it.

If you have the opportunity to come back to Saigon again, please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance to you.

Ruthin, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

We arrived at Novotel on sunday 10th November and we are due to leave 14th November. After a very stressful start to our trip as we lost both of our passports the staff couldnt have been more helpful. The bellboy & conciegence guys phoned the airports lost and found for us and printed off all the documentation for the british consulate so we could apply for emergency travel documents. The next morning the manager Jan Kroeckel phoned the taxi company after locating the taxi we used on the hotels CCTV, he organised a member of staff a lovely receptionist called Nha to take us to the police station as we had to report our passports as lost, she translated everything and was so helpful! She also escorted us to the british consulate, as we arrived, she recieved a phone call and informed us our passports had been located and the same taxi driver was bringing them to the hotel, to our delight!! I can honestly say that all the staff members and the taxi driver who helped us made our honeymoon one to remember! In a city of 10,000,000 what are the odds of getting your passports back!!
I would recommend this hotel to anyone, the rooms are spacious, modern and clean. The. Breakfast has a fantastic selection and the waiters are great. The hotel is also in a great location and within walking distance from all the main attractions. The Top Bar is also not to be missed very cool and the drinks a reasonable price too.

All in all a fantastic stay with fantastic staff...JUST PERFECT.

2 Thank Emma P
Dear Emma P,

Thank you very much for taking some of your time and sharing your recent experience with us here on TripAdvisor.

I am absolutely thrilled to read that you had a great stay with us and that we were able to locate the passports for you. Thank you for mentioning Nha and Jan and I will share your comments with them and I am sure this will serve as an encouragement not only to them but to all of us as we always strive to provide a superior customer experience.

I hope both of you will enjoy your rest of the honeymoon and if I ever can be of any assistance to you, please do not hesitate to let me know. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back at Novotel Saigon Centre again.

Wellington, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

Novotel Ho Chi Minh (Saigon) city is well placed to enable many sight seeing locations to be visited on foot including one of the main markets which is a real bonus. The hotel itself has great facilities with a nice casual bar on the ground floor with an internet area, free wifi, good pool area with bar, gym and spa and restaurant which provides an excellent range of options for breakfast. The rooms are well laid out and comfortable and the staff are very welcoming (a Vietnamese trait) and helpful at all times. There are many restaurants in easy walking distance at great prices as well as the little street stalls offering food for the more adventurous.

Dear RiflemanWellington,

Warm greetings from Novotel Saigon Centre and thank you very much for choosing to stay with us for your holiday in Saigon.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you got to enjoy all of our facilities. Please rest assured that I will be sharing your review with the team and I know everybody will be pleased to hear about it.

If you have a chance to come back again, don’t forget to check out our rooftop bar, located on the 20th floor with stunning views on Saigon skyline.

Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back again soon. If I ever can be of any assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

Decided to go a little "higher end" compared w/ my usual accommodations and stay in the Novotel for my first trip to Ho Chih Minh City. Its a stone's throw from District 1, but officially in District three. It is close enough to all the major sights that one might want to see in HCMC. The famous coffee chain is across the street, and street food vendors are always close.
The breakfast buffet was excellent with a variety of choices - includes egg station and pho station.
The staff very helpful and accommodating. Being a platinum member w/ the hotel chain, I was upgraded to a lounge floor (which is open from 6am to 10pm) on check-in.
Had slight hiccup at the beginning of my stay, but that was duly corrected, and i got a personal message from the hotel manager offering up an apology. I was very impressed with their service. I stayed in room 1904, which had one of the most amazing views of HCMC. A really great room. A special thank you to Mr. Hung (front desk) who accommodated a late check out after i told him about a late flight i had that day. I was very happy with my stay here. I strongly recommend a high floor (if possible) to take in the stellar views of the city.
Pool was great and the in-house spa was reasonably priced as well. Overall, extremely satisfied with my stay here. Oh, I also like the cappuccino machine in the room! great start to the morning.

Room Tip: A room higher up is better.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
NovotelSaigon, General Manager at Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Dear RC_Vancouver_Canada,

Warm greetings from Novotel Saigon Centre and thank you for taking some of your time and sharing your recent experience with us here on TripAdvisor.

I am thrilled to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. I also would like to thank you for mentioning Mr. Hung and I will personally pass on your thanks to him. I am sure this will serve as an encouragement not only to him but to all of us as we always strive to further improve our services.

If you have the opportunity the come back again, please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.