“Nice hotel, friendly staff”

Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel
Ranked #35 of 468 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Stayed here for business. The hotel had clean, modern European style rooms as expected at a Novotel, but newer than some of the ones I have stayed in in Europe. The staff was fiendly and quick to help with taxi advice, etc. I would definitely stay here again if in Saigon.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
NovotelSaigon, General Manager at Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear OnAPlane2Day,

Thank you very much for taking some of your valuable time and posting this review of your recent stay with us.

I am glad that you choose Novotel Saigon Centre as your base during your business trip to Saigon and that your stay with us met your expectations.

Please rest assured that I will be sharing your comments with my colleagues and I know they will be as pleased as I was to read about them.

Thank you again and if you have the opportunity to come back to Saigon again, please do not hesitate to let me know if I can be of any help.

Lionel.Moinard@accor.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,595)

Reviewed 7 December 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 6 December 2013

Good location for the sights and markets, great selection at breakfast, excellent service, amazing view from the 18th floor, very comfy bed, beautiful room, so new and really nice design. Would chose to stay here again as it was such a pleasant relaxing stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
NovotelSaigon, General Manager at Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2013

Dear JATOLondon,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for your review.

I am very pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. I will make sure to share your comments with my colleagues and I know that they will be as pleased as I was to hear about them.

Indeed it would be a pleasure to welcome you back again and Novotel Saigon Centre and if I can be ever of any assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

We booked 4 rooms from the hotel. The trip had been well served by the hotel, i.e. Such as the hotel transfer from airport to hotel and allowing us to check in 1 room earlier at 12noon. However, not until our 2nd night when we attempted to change currency over the hotel counter. This lady, Nhung, had a bad attitude and was very impatient with us. She did not even bother to explain to us, the customers, that there were no denomination for 500dong. She showed us her little finger that the amount is so small that there is no currency and somehow put a 1000dong infront of us. We felt so humiliated and upset by such behavior and we paid to stay in this at least 4-star hotel. Seems like Asian are being looked down. I can't fault the entire hotel but at least a few staffs that we encountered. Nevertheless, the front desk manager was a very nice polite and patient guy. He arranged a time on our last day to explain to us the situation and was very apologetic with regards to his staff.

Stayed: December 2013
NovotelSaigon, General Manager at Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Dear Doralee C,

Greetings from Novotel Saigon Centre and thank you for your review.

I am sorry that your recent stay with us did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies for that.

At Novotel, we always pride our self to give the same high standard of customer service to all of our guests, regardless of where they come from. However, it seems we may have failed to that in your case and I would like to thank you for bringing this to my attention. Through comments such as yours, we can review our services and improve accordingly.

Please rest assured that I will be working closely together with our Front Office Manager to prevent any future occurrences. I believe it was him who you have met upon your check-out and I would like to thank you for the nice comments you had about it. I will make sure to also pass this on to Mr. Vu.

I do hope you will give us another chance to serve you better in the future and fi you have the opportunity to come back to Saigon, please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance.

Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

Novotel Saigon Centre's location is in the city and it is easy to get a cab to anywhere. Ho Chi Minh is not meant to be a walking city, it might be easier to take a cab.
We were upgraded to the Executive Rooms which comes with perks such as free laundry (2 pcs a day), late check up (depending on availability, up to 4pm), access to the executive lounge on 19th floor (which serves complimentary tea snacks and cocktails, free flow of drinks). The room was spacious and clean. Loved the rain shower. Bed was comfortable. Service was great. Free wifi and LAN connection provided.

Breakfast spread was decent and it includes western breakfast items and local delights, fruits, salad and cereal.

There is a rooftop bar on 20th floor which has a nice view.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Lingling35100

Dear Lingling35100,

Thank you for taking some of your valuable time and posting this review here on TripAdvisor.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us in your Executive Room and access to the Executive Lounge and especially that the service provided to you was great throughout your stay. Please rest assured that I will be sharing this with my colleagues and I am sure that this will serve as an encouragement to all of us as we always strive to further improve our services.

If you have the chance to come back to Saigon again, please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Spent 4 nights at Novotel while we were working in HCMC. Chose Novotel because it was close to work. Had an Executive Room and paid around $160AUD a night. Comfortable beds, great size with good views. Had few perks with the room like access to the Premier Room and that meant free afternoon tea and free cocktails and canapes. Novotel has a nice rooftop bar and great Mojitos - I had one with lemongrass and chilli! Great buffet breakfast.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
NovotelSaigon, General Manager at Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear happytravelling55,

Warmest greetings from Novotel Saigon Centre and thank you very much for choosing to stay with us.

I am delighted to read that you had a pleasant stay with us at your recent trip to Saigon and that you got to enjoy the benefits of the Executive Lounge as well as our recently opened rooftop bar – onTop Bar. I am also pleased that you like one of our signature cocktails – Vietnamese Mojito.

Thank you again and if you have the chance to come back to Saigon again, please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance. And if I may recommend for you to try then our Daydream cocktail - rum, tequila, passion fruit, honeydew melon and finished with a hint of ginger.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

We only had one night here, but wish it had been more. Spotlessly clean spacious room with very nice staff. We had a great room on level 5. We had a double aspect window, and great views. Breakfast was plentiful and very nice. nothing else to say but well done Novotel

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Jan D,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for your review.

I am absolutely thrilled to read than you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and thank you very much for your nice comments. Please rest assured that I will be sharing your comments with the team and I know everybody will be as pleased as I was to hear about them.

If I ever can be of any assistance to you, please do not hesitate to let me know. It would be a pleasure to welcome you again at Novotel Saigon Centre.