Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Que Huong Liberty 1(Ho Chi Minh City)
  • Restaurant
Bach Suites Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
  • Pool
Sherwood Residence(Ho Chi Minh City)
  • Restaurant
Somerset Chancellor Court(Ho Chi Minh City)
  • Pool
Aristo Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
  • Breakfast included
Golden Rose Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
View Hotel
Central Park Saigon Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
View Hotel
Au Lac Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
View Hotel
Pensilia Spa & Clinic(Ho Chi Minh City)
1,680 results
All reviewsrooftop barpremier loungebusiness hotelmodern designbreakfast buffetbusiness tripexecutive roomwalking distancewar remnants museumnotre damecorner roommajor attractionspost officereunification palacecentral locationphoopera house
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We stayed at the Novotel Saigon for 10 nights from 28 May to 7 June inclusive. We celebrated our Wedding Anniversary in the middle of our stay. I had originally booked a Superior King and had a few special requests such as non smoking,high floor with a view and the hotel arranged this. We found the Superior room just a little small for us, it was very clean and had a well planned layout but on our second night we decided to upgrade to a Deluxe King corner room looking down Hai Ba Trung Street as far as the eye could see. The Deluxe room provided the extra space and the view was fantastic from a big curved window. It was well worth paying a few extra dollars in our opinion. A lovely lady named Thao who is the Front Desk Supervisor showed us a number of rooms and said it was no trouble to change. The room was spotless, bed very comfortable, air con worked perfectly with individual controls for both temperature and fan speed. We could not fault this room and we are very particular. The hotel knew it was our Wedding Anniversary on 1 June and they surprised us by decorating our bed with Red Rose petals in the shape of a Big Heart – they also placed 2 beautiful Red Roses in a vase for us and to top it off the next day in our room we found a small cake in the shape of a heart with Happy Anniversary in chocolate written on the plate – we thanked the hotel for the wonderful surprise. Some other reviews say the location is away from the CBD, we walked everywhere – The War Museum and Palace are closeby and if you don’t feel like walking it will cost your less than $2 in a Taxi to most places. We had the buffet breakfast every morning and we loved sitting by the window watching the world pass by – the food was excellent with lots of variety and we had most of our evening meals also – food quality and service was excellent – one morning one of the staff even had my scrambled eggs cooked the way like them and she brought it to my table, it is the little things like that one remembers and makes a hotel special. The hotel had a Thai food week promotion in the Square Restaurant during our stay and on two nights we had this as our dinner – every type of food and dessert was available and it was excellent. The pool is a good size, very clean. All staff in the hotel were friendly and smiling and nothing was any trouble when we had a request. The General Manager appears to be “very hands on”, we saw him around a number of times during our evening meal and I believe he was making sure the quality of the food during the Thai food promotion was what guests would expect. We also saw him greeting VIPs at the entrance. We were just “regular guests”, but during our 10 night stay we were treated like VIPs and we would recommend The Novotel Saigon as a great place for leisure or business travellers. Thankyou to all the staff that made our stay at the Hotel and our Wedding Anniversary so memorable.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for a Deluxe Room if you want to spoil yourself - Room 1008 was great.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank oziken
NovotelSaigon, General Manager at Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Dear oziken,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Saigon Centre. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one

Reviewed 1 June 2014

What can I say - the hotel itself was nice - the breakfast was good - the service by both management and some - not all - staff let us feeling very very unwanted. Room service was very slow even at 10pm at night for a simple thing like a bucket of ice. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank BukaFarnorthQld
NovotelSaigon, General Manager at Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear BukaFarnorthQld,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Saigon Centre. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations, please allow me to express my sincerest apologies and hope that these experiences will not impair your confidence in Novotel.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We stayed here in May 2014 for three nights before a 3 night break at Mui Ne. The hotel is in district 3 and close to district 1, the 'posh' and cosmopolitan area of Saigon. It's also close to a number of 'must see' places. Notre Dame basilica, Jade Pagoda, Reunification Palace and the old post office, to name a few. We walked the to all of these and more, all from the hotel so that was a bonus. facilities are top rate as you'd expect for this class of hotel and the room was excellent, includng a glass 'walled' bathroom which went opaque for added privacy when you flicked a switch. Over the top, but a real wow factor. Food was excellent too as was the service. Two plus points for the Novotel is the rooftop (21st floor) chill out bar where you can sit and watch the madness below and the numerous thunderstorms on the horizon. One tip is to use the concierge for booking trips. They use exotissimo and we went to Cu Chi tunnels where the vietnamese resistance lived during the Vietnames war, a brilliant trip.Another tip is to visit the war remnants museum, it's harrowing and requires a lot of reading, but it's a real eye opener.

Room Tip: I would suggest a higher room for a better view of the city
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Astronaught

Dear Astronaught,

Reviewed 29 May 2014

The contact we had from here was great as many hotels when I asked for early check in never got back to me. These guys were very helpful. The bed was comfortable and the food was good. The pool was fine but it is in the shade all day so gets a little cold at night. The best thing was the bar on the roof. Great view over the city in a very relaxed setting. I would stay again

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear TrudyBridgetown,

Thank you for your kind feedback. I am really happy to know that you enjoyed our onTop Bar.

I hope to have a chance to welcome you back at our Novotel Saigon Centre.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

After a long journey visiting different hotels and different countries, Novotel Saigon was the only one that didn't allow me to reserve the Airport transfer without giving my credit card details. The room was prepaid and of course I was going to stay at the hotel. I've asked them by email to book the airport transfer and I told them that there is no way that I was gonna give my credit card details by email. They didn't want to send me the car! Very bad service.
I went dinner to the top floor and I waited almost 1 hour to get a burger.
The breakfast selection is really poor and the coffee was awful.
The only thing nice was the room, even though the HDMI connection wasn't working.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank francobkk77
NovotelSaigon, General Manager at Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear francobkk77,

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to inform us of the difficulties you have encountered during your visit in May.

The experience you described caused us deep concerned & I wish to apologize the unfortunate circumstances of your stay. This does not reflect the usual service at Novotel Saigon Centre.

I hope you will accept my deepest apologies and these experiences will not impair your confidence in Novotel.