Lowest prices for your stay
US$56
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$44
FindHotel
US$36
Hotels.comUS$44
Agoda.comUS$45
TravelocityUS$44
1,117 results
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I stayed here for a week with my partner. I was very happy that I chose this hotel. The ambience was lovely and the building was gorgeous. It isn't a perfect hotel, there are still some small growing pains in the details especially things like upkeep of the suites.
I stayed in the queen room which was comfortable and clean, but as others had written very cozy for two people. We had a lovely window overlooking the entry and the street. It was always quiet and peaceful. Only the occasional sounds during busy times on the street, which didn't bother us. The room had a tiny mini fridge and generous amenities in the bathroom. The bathroom has a sliding door which sometimes got stuck if you closed it to far, but it wasn't a big deal for us.
The staff were very friendly and accommodating. The airport driver Mr. Peter was very informative in recommending places and overall a very nice gentleman. The front desk and doormen were always eager to help, calling taxis for us and telling the drivers our address in Vietnamese.
We had a delicious and filling complimentary breakfast at the hotel restaurant The Roadhouse. The servers were always cheerful and efficient. We ate dinner a few times as well and we found the menu to be excellent and good value for money. The rooftop view is lovely and gives a sense of romance.
The location is very close to the airport about fifteen minutes, and close to districts 1 and 2. Very easy and cheap to get taxis to both areas. We would go to the sites and experience the frenetic chaos that is Ho Chi Minh and then return to some peace at the hotel.
The hotel itself is on a small side street of a major road. There isn't a lot around; one small local grocery store and a few local restaurants and cafés. So if you crave instant nightlife or access to variety, it may be lacking. But what the hotel does offer is a wonderful classy atmosphere, good service, friendly and great staff who are striving to provide a memorable experience for their guests. I would definitely return!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
AlcoveHotel, General Manager at The Alcove Library Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you for talking time to share your impressions. Nothing more encouraging for The Alcove Library Hotel staff than to be recognized of the effort we spent to make our guest happy and satisfied.

We highly appreciate your staying with us and are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Hopefully, we will have the chance to welcome you, your family and your friend soon.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 20 March 2014

On recommendation, I booked the Alcove for a recent overnight in HCMC when arriving from overseas and leaving the next morning for a domestic flight.

The hotel really is very close to the airport - only 10-15 minutes. So it makes for an easy overnight stop.

What is really great is that the hotel is exactly true to label, exactly as the website photos portray it. This is very refreshing. All staff were so pleasant, warm and helpful - clearly the management take customer service and staff training very seriously. The rooms are not large but, really, it's just a place to sleep. They are clean, well designed, great bathrooms and have everything needed. I had a really good sleep in the comfortable bed.

Breakfast was served by yet more charming staff. Service was good and the food selection was agreeably small. My dish was well prepared and tasted great.

This is a hotel I would definitely stay at for longer - it's like a little oasis in the hubbub of HCMC. Well done to the management and staff for creating such a cool boutique hotel in the city.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Sir,

We are delighted to receive your great comments here. Thank you very much for spending time to share your experience about staying with The Alcove Library Hotel

We will always trying to maintain & develope our services and we do hope that you and our customers will feel it better & better for every stay in the future

We are looking forward to welcome you back again

Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

I am writing from memory of my visit a year ago.
The location was not bad as you can call for a taxi to take you to the tourist spots. Taxi drivers were able to get to the hotel through narrow streets by giving them the address. Once there was a time I had to show a picture of a bank near the hotel with its address for the driver to understand the location. That time I had walked from that bank. (It amazed me how all the taxi drivers preferred the address than maps.)
I was a little worried about the smell I had read in the reviews and I did happen to get the room (or the floor) with the smell. But once I've mentioned the smell at breakfast, they had scented oil burning under the sink in the bathroom when we got back.
The room I stayed was not big, but with my experience I had with this hotel, I would love to pay a little more and stay in the bigger room they have.
The bed and pillows were clean and comfy.
The staff was wonderful, even the cleaning lady was super-friendly! It's been a year now but I sure hope they are all still there. I had no trouble communicating with them in English.
I loved the tea/coffee they offered when first introduced to the room and also waiting for a taxi in the lobby.
The highlight of the building is the entrance/lobby with the arch-shaped bookshelf and the view of the neighborhood from the roof where you can have breakfast. I was able to take interesting pictures.
I remember the manager saying they were planning to open more hotels. I was very excited to hear this and I believe the key to success of this hotel in order of importance, is the well-trained polite/friendly staff (the staff was so polite they can work in Japan!), the clean interior, the food at the restaurant and the pho served at breakfast. I wish you big success!
日本語
一年前に訪れた記憶を辿ります...
ホテルから観光スポットへはタクシーで行けます。運転手に住所を見せれば細い道を通ってホテルに到着できました。一度、ホテルの近くにある銀行の住所付きの写真を見せる必要がありましたがそのときは銀行から徒歩で帰れました。
事前にレビューで拝読したにおいが気になりましたが、不運にもそのにおいの部屋(またはフロア)に当たってしまいました。朝食の時ににおいのことを伝えたら、部屋に戻ったときにアロマオイルが焚かれていました。
滞在した部屋は小さめですが、次回は多めに払ってでも大きい部屋にも滞在する価値があると思いました。
ベッドと枕も清潔で心地良かったです。
スタッフは素晴らしく、お掃除のおばちゃんもとてもフレンドリーでした。今も同じスタッフがいらっしゃることを願います。英語でコミュニケーションする分には問題ありませんでした。
お部屋に最初に案内されたときと、ロビーでタクシーを待っている間に出されるコーヒーか紅茶のサービスは嬉しかったです。
建物のハイライトはエントランス兼ロビーにあるアーチ型の本棚と朝食を食べれる屋上からの近所の眺めです。良い写真が撮れました。
マネージャーの方に更にホテルをオープンする予定があると伺いました。このホテルの成功は日本でも接客業ができるんじゃないかと思うくらいのスタッフ、清潔感、レストランのおいしい食事と朝食のフォーにあると思います!

Date of stay: April 2013
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
AlcoveHotel, General Manager at The Alcove Library Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear Yuka,

Thank you so much for your interest in our hotel and also great thanks for your comments.

We will keep up and develope our service standard more and more, to make sure your next stay with us will be much better

Reviewed 7 March 2014

On our way home and we needed to spend to night for a very early flight in the morning. This hotel was more than we expected. It is off the main streets, so there is very little noise. After a walk around the interesting neighborhood, we had a quiet dinner outside at the rooftop restaurant. When we got up at 3:00 AM, to our surprise, they had made us each a packaged breakfast that we could take to the airport and they called a taxi for us. We really appreciated the breakfast because nothing was open that early in the morning. One note: At the airport it is very easy to get a taxi to the hotel, but bring a map. The airport didn't know where the hotel was and charged us $10 for a $3 taxi ride.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
AlcoveHotel, General Manager at The Alcove Library Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear Mr David,

We were delighted to receive your note, and was especially pleased to read your kind words about our hotel. It made us happy to know you feel at home with us.

We sincerely appreciate your kind response regarding our efforts to improve our hotel services and look forward to seeing you again, we too enjoyed getting to know you better.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

The Alcove library hotel has very classic, fine design with black and white tones. Location is ok. Easy to go to district 1 and the airport. Staff is a big plus of this hotel, very friendly and helpful. Food was ok, not so impressive. One minor thing, the power went off for 2-3 minutes several times at mid-night. No problem if you are asleep but if you are in a middle of something... Anyway, great stay overall!

Date of stay: February 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank July_L91

Dear Sir or Madam,

Thank you so much for your valued comments.

We would like you to know how much we enjoy serving your needs and consider you a special visitor. We appreciate your kind expressions of appreciation, and are especially grateful for the recent staying.

Regarding to power off in middle of night, we are very sorry for that macro influence but we always have a generator available 24 hours thus back-up plan is always there for guest.

If you need any assistance from the Alcove, it will be our pleasure to serve.