“I score 10/10”
Review of Kim 2 Hotel

Kim 2 Hotel
Ranked #71 of 986 Ho Chi Minh City B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I arrived at Kim 2 on the 15th having booked in advance from the UK & I’d advise asking Kim to arrange a car for your airport pick up.

I initially booked for 5 days but, as I plan to stay in HCMC at least until I have a grasp of the language, have extended it for a couple of months.

Kim 2 is clean & tidy, safe & secure, courteous, helpful & prices are very reasonable.
Kim speaks good English & the manager Tuan couldn’t be more accommodating. Wi-Fi & has a lovely terrace above the street and is located smack bang in the centre.

If you have time when visiting pop up to the top end of the park to your left of the hotel & give the local students help with their English for an hour or so.

Eateries; plenty of very fine Vietnamese in the area once you get away from the inflated tourist priced places. Two to mention; 1 to your right, right again & a few yards down across the road on your left. Nam Giao, no menu but try both the Bánh bèo & Mì Quảng. 2. Right from hotel, two full blocks up & a few yards on the left there is an outside stall with many small plastic tables & chairs to the rear. If you get a place you will lucky because a lot of locals eat there.

Enjoy your stay, Terence Skeffington

Room Tip: I’d say, initially check internet, Lonely Planet & Trip Advisor & read reviews. Also book yo...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Terence_Skeffington

Reviewed 22 October 2013

We used stay at Kim 2 Hotel during our trip through Vietnam 3 times. Very friendly, helpful and guest orientated stuff. Trips, flight and bus tickets can also be booked there without a surcharge for service. I can recommend this hotel to anyone who is on a budget and who whants to stay at the touristy Pham Ngu Lao. Places can be reached within in short walk. The friendly receptionist and the lady who runs the place can also give you good advice about Saigon and other places. I would always stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2013

For the price we paid. It was worth it. Stayed on the 2nd floor (walk up). Clean, perfect space for 2 person - TV (cable TV), fridge, aircon, fan, towels, toileteries USD15 for two person. Its safe and the guy is friendly. I would definitely stay there again. Its located on a busy street with good restaurants (try the corner side local noodle place, opposite the traffic lights).
The guy at the reception reminded us to be careful with our handbags and to stay safe. I think that is a sensible advise as we are in asia and these kind of crime is common but that should not dampen your visit to beautiful saigon. We walked all over the city...stunning!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nur2012
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I booked another hotel in Agoda before arrived in Ho Chi Minh city. But then found out my hotel didn't meet my expectation and didn't worth the price. Fortunately I only booked for one night. So the next night I find better hotel with better rate. I found Kim 2. Being greeted by the receptionist and staff. They're nice, I only find 4 staff and 3 of them are men.
For the rate $15 per night, I got spacious room with windows, good bathroom with complete amenities, television, A/C, mini bar with reasonable price. And the room is super clean, I can guarantee. They clean my room each day.
The hotel location also very close to the hype. You'll find many place to eat, especially the street food. There's also a bar, but you won't be bothered by the noise.
They also offers travel package around the city and you might negotiate the price with the staffs, because that's what I did! :D

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Our first impression of Kim 2 was great. We were greeted with water and a plate of sliced watermelon. The rooms were clean, safe, and nice. The beds were rock hard though. The area we were in was very unsafe though. As we were walking into a restaurant at 2pm with my purse on my body AND held in front of me in my hands, two men on a motorcycle drove by and ripped the purse out of my hands and off my body. That was not the hotels fault of course. But the reaction the staff had when i came back bruised and shaken was so uncompassionate. He couldn't have cared less about what happened and tol me it was my fault and i should have been more careful. Then when he realized the hotel key had been stolen he all of the sudden cared and kept repeating "oh you lose key? Ten dolla". His English was also very poor and he did not understand how to help me make some emergency phone calls to my bank to cancel my cards. Even without the language barrier, he wasn't interested in helping me at all. Overall the hotel itself was decent, the customer service was poor, and the area was unsafe. I wouldn't go back, that's for sure!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank AsiaBean
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Moved from another hotel as Kim 2 was a few dollars cheaper but seemed nicer.

Rooms are spacious and exceptionally clean. Linen, floors, towels etc. were the cleanest we've seen so far in our travels.

Bathroom is a great size and the shower is actually separated from the toilet by a curtain- rather than the usual SE Asian shower box ontop of the toilet.

Friendly service, and rooms are quiet despite being in the middle of the backpackers district.

There are a few stairs to climb (especially if you're on the fourth floor) but just consider it as exercise to work off that pho & pork bun!

Would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 16 May 2013

We stayed in this hotel on three separate occasions during our travels around Vietnam. Good price for a clean and tidy room with a nice walk in shower. Rooms are on the smaller side, but staff are very friendly and make you feel at home.

Room Tip: We suggest paying extra 2 dollars and avoid room no 9 which is the smallest in the hotel. Rooms on t...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple