“Excellent location, quiet rooms”

Signature Saigon Hotel
Ranked #85 of 457 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Sunshine coast
“Excellent location, quiet rooms”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I can thoroughly recommend the Signature Saigon. Our room was large and beautifully presented. All the staff were excellent and very helpful, and allowed us an early check-in. It is perfectly positioned in District one for sightseeing and shopping etc.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank CMThomson2

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Dublin
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Just a quick note of praise for this hotel. After arriving after a long flight from Dublin we got a great welcome which set the tone for the excellent service we received throughout our stay. We booked tours to cu chi and Mekong delta through the hotel and were treated so well on both with no hassle for us on either trip. They kept our luggage for us while we went to the Mekong delta and when we returned they gave us the opportunity to shower and freshen up even though we had checked out of our room before the trip! Invaluable as we set off on an overnight train to nha trang. Good location and we are looking forward to returning next week for our final night in Vietnam after our travels around the country. Brian and Jennifer

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Jleyden
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Just returned from 9 days in Vietnam with wife and 3 teenagers 12, 14 and 16
Stayed at Signature Hotel for 4 days then left for Mui Ne for 3 days then back to Signature hotel for 3 more days.
Had a great experience from airport pick up to check out.
Great location, close to market and good shopping streets.
We had an idea on the tours we wanted to do, and the staff advised us and booked us the best value and the best tours saving us heaps.
Service and staff were fantastic, breakfast was great each morning, even got a packed breakfast when we had a 6am pick up for a tour
Rooms (2 joining and bathrooms) were clean and tidy, pleasure to stay in.
cheap laundry everyday great for 5 people.
Taking into account this hotel is right in the busy part of HMC, as long as you are used to the hustle and bustle of vietnam, plus a little bit of noise, this place was great
highly recommended, we would certainly stay again and recommend to our friends

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Gavin M
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Made an excellent choice to stay in this hotel for 4 days. I've booked via booking.com and sent special request after reviewing remarks from other TripAdvisor. They reverted within 24 hours and made the exact arrangement upon our check in. We stayed on high floor and we had no problem with noise issue that some customer's experienced. So, do request a room on a higher floor.

I must say, we loved their buffet breakfast. We managed to eat their local selection and it tasted superb too. Everyday, we looked forward for breakfast time before heading for tours. You must try their local noodle section as they provide new selection everyday. Excellent!

Hotel staff are very friendly and they speak excellent English. We had no problem to communicate and get help from them. For safety reason, they kept our passport upon arrival and it was a standard procedure upon check in. We didn't knew about it, as I've never left passport with the hotel before (new to this rule). However, we understand that it's a procedure by all hotels in Saigon.

The hotel staff gave us tips on how to go around and being safe. They ensure their guests are aware of their city and their people. I used the hotel airport transfers and really convenient with reasonable price for both ways.

Right opposite the hotel, it's the art museum and abt 5 mins walk to the Benh Thành market.

With the price we paid and service received, we are very pleased. Highly recommend for anyone would like to stay at convenient area for tourist.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank Seetha S
Vienna, United States
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We were here briefly-came in late to the city and was picked up early to go to the Mekong Delta for a cruise. The staff was nice but could only recommend one restaurant which was ok. Be very careful walking around in Ho Chi Minh City. Do not carry a purse or camera. We were literally there for one hour and someone drove up on a scooter and grabbed my daughter's shoulder bag and yanked her into the street where she was bruised and scraped and really shaken up. We managed to get her bag back since the boys were thrown from the scooter since she fought back pretty hard. There were literally 50 people on the street and guards feet away when this happened and noone did much. The staff at the hotel was very kind and dressed her wounds.

Room Tip: Rooms are small but clean. We spent little time in the room. Breakfast was a buffet and fine
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank C. Leslie M
Seattle
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

We booked 3 rooms for my family of 6, and stayed 6 nights separated by an excursion in the middle of our stay. We are Vietnamese-Americans and spesk fluent Vietnamese. There are many aspects about this hotel that are excellent, but there are a few critical areas which lacked attention and require immediate corrections by management. To be fair, I need to break up my evaluation of different areas rather than misleading my assessment with one overall score.

Location: 5 stars. Excellent. If walking 7 minutes to the city landnark Cho Ben Thanh too much for you, 2 minute taxi ride will cost you about 15,000 dong, or less than $1 USD.

Amenities: 5 stars. Large, open and bright entry, lobby, and breakfast areas are very inviting. Made a great first impression on me. These rooms are filled with glass, marble, and light. Bath tub new and essay to operate.

Cleanliness: 4 stars. Rooms are clean and well-maintained. Though some bath towels are tainted with what appears to be blood and brown-streak stains. I suggest all these towels be taken out of circulation immediately. Mold growing on caulks near sinks should be removed as they are spotted rather than left to accumulate in large visible quantity.

Staff exterior security: 5 stars. Oh, so helpful, polite, and happy. All of them. All hours. We came back from a day trip and it was pouring down rain. Hard rain. The security guard hopped to his feet, took the beach umbrella and walked us all in from taxi. The bellman jumped in too and both helped us carried in our things. They got soaked in the process. It is these moments where excessive tipping is so appropriate.

Staff front desk / Bell man: 1 Star. There is a day bellman who is very helpful and uses common sense when helping guests. I asked him to find a place to unlock my US phone for me so I can use it in VN. He came back later and said the cost was too high relative to the value of the phone so he didn't do it. Smart. However, I cannot extend that level of review to the rest of the front office staff. They seemed unfriendly, responses are short and filled with work-avoidance.

- "Can you mail this post card for me? " "No, we don't sell stamps. "
- "Can I borrow a USB charger? " "No, we don't have that connector." "Where can a connector be bought? " "Up the street. "

Hotel staff is supposed to offer solutions and make guests' stay most enjoyable. I get too many "no's" from this hotel staff.

The ultimate act of 3rd-world mistake was when the hotel staff argued with me for 15 minutes trying to get me to pay for 6 bottles of tea my family did not drink from room fridges. I checked out at 4:30AM to catch an early flight. The bellman inspected the 3 fridges in my 3 rooms and concluded that we drank their sweet tea bottles and replaced them with different 6 bottles. He knows this because the hotel version has a red band and the "normal" version does not. Mind you, my children does not drink this stuff. But he insists that we all drank their versions and must pay for them. And these bottles in the fridges are not theirs even though they are exact bottles, exact sizes, exact lavels, and exact brand. Since I am the only person in the family carrying money, and I did not buy 6 bottles of sweet tea, and my children did not drink any hotel sweet teas, I know these guys are trying to make money off of me. I explained to them and said I refuse to pay a penny for these bottles because we didn't touch them. Funny thing is the bellman was driving most of the conversation telling the front desk guy what to do. He told the front desk to charge me for 3 only. I refused and told him as a matter of principle, I refuse to pay a single penny for the drinks I did not touch. The bellman pulled the guilt trip and said they are going to have to pay for the drinks themselves and buy new drinks for the hotel. So, me paying for 3 drinks is fair. Taxi loaded, family buckled in, but am still at the lobby arguing about the tea bottles. Finally, I've had. Am not paying. They are not credible. Reminds me of the Vietnam 20 years ago when these scams were common against tourists. The front desk guy finally agreed.

The funny thing is 2 weeks later we returned to the hotel to complete our reservations, only to discover that our fridges were filled with yellow and red band tea bottles. What happened to the "we only carry one color bottle?" Our new rooms are 3 floors above the previously - assigned rooms so it confirms that there are no set rim colors on the bottles. This was a distasteful experience to am otherwise wonderful hotel.

Breakfast: 4 stars. Plentiful foods and spans a great range of culinary tastes. A full range of westen style breakfast like bacon and sausages through vietnamese soups superbly prepared daily. I would list the breakfast to be the top 5% of hotels in its class. Where the hotel lost a point is in the lack of attentiveness by its staff to details like refilling tea and coffee for guests, or requiring that their serving staff to refrain from touching their own ears, noses, lips,... with their serving hands. Yes, we notice when the staff picks its noses, however brief.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank MarinaEdmonds
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This hotel is in a good, central position and is very tastefully decorated, although the rooms are small.The breakfast buffet was OK, and the free tea and coffee in your room is very welcome. The only reason I have not given it 5 stars is that when I asked if I might have some milk or creamer for my tea I was told I could purchase a glass for 20 VND (about 60p). I realise that in this part of the world they do not usually take milk in tea but it seemed an odd response to a simple request which I would not have expected from a hotel of this standard.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple