“Hong Anh, Annie”

Ranked #51 of 454 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Singapore, Singapore
“Hong Anh, Annie”
Reviewed 22 December 2013

The very first time I was in Ho Chi Min City, I had no idea of any hotel to choose and through a
friend recommendation, I stayed at the Alagon Hotel and since then whenever I am in HCMC, I would make sure this is the hotel for me.
I was very attracted by the service level of the front staff, especially Miss Hong Anh, Annie. She has very pleasant personality and always have the sweetest smile. She serves with her heart and make sure we are comfortable and happy during our stay. I remembered once I got a terrible headache and she managed to get me a panadol and a glass of water from the restaurant behind and later she kept calling me to find out my condition. This is the real personalise service she give and you don't get it every where not even in five star hotel. I have no hesitation to vote her for the best service staff in the hotel

Room Tip: I did not go to the swimming pool and spa so I have no comments. For the price you are paying, this...
1 Thank nts168

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I had a fantastic stay here as I was in Ho Chi Minh city for just two days. Excellent service, food and location. Staff were very polite and helpful.
Also,I had a 10 hour stopover on my way back from Nha Trang and needed to get out of the airport for a while. I decided to get int contact with the hotel and they accommodated me fantastically. I had a shower and was able to relax in the hotel until my midnight flight. And it was completely free of charge. Amazing.
Bryan Ngyuen, the Guest Service Officer, was particularly helpful when it came to arranging this. Many thanks and if I come back to Vietnam this place will be where I will stay.

1 Thank Kieran M
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

Alagon is a beautiful hotel situated in such a convenient location. The breakfast is yummy and the staff are amazing. One gentleman in particular was very helpful, his name is Bryan Nguyen. He was always happy to assist with anything that we needed or wanted to do.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I've been to Ho Chi Minh several times and this time was my most memorable stay in this city. Especially the great hospitality of all the staffs in Alagon Hotel and one staff need my special mentioned is 'Miss Ruby Trang'. I've no language barrier in this hotel as she speaks good English and her patience in explaining to me all the destinations that i need to travel in HCM. I instructed her the room service I needed and every night I come back to my room with 'home feeling'. I would highly recommend this hotel and special thanks to Ruby.

Room Tip: Stay in the new wing, everything is new and clean.
Paris, France
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I used one of the hotel booking web sites to book this hotel- when I noticed that they could not guarantee me a room with a window I cancelled it and booked at the hotel Hoang Hai Long Hotel. When I arrived to check in at the Hoang Hai Long Hotel I became aware by pure coincidence that these two hotels (Alagon and Hoang Hai Long) are connected, managed by the same company, but one is supposed to be four star and the other three. Upon check in at the Hoang Hai Long Hotel I was allocated a room without windows,,,,which I refused to accept. The front office manager was kind enough to understand my predicament and he was able to allocate me a room at the connecting Alagon Hotel. The room was big,with a big double bed and views of the back of the neighboring buildings (no view unfortunately and rather filthy) and by chance had two bathrooms…one with a full bathtub and the other with a shower! Besides some confusion one morning with the breakfast voucher and one of the waiting staff, my stay was a great one. The location is excellent walking distance from the main Saigon market. Superb wifi connectivity. Excellent value for money!

Room Tip: The cheapest rooms do not have windows. Do not book them if you are claustrophobic as I am!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 12 December 2013

we stayed at Alagon for 3 nights. The hotel is perfect location for walking tours of the city, clean and staff very friendly and helpful. Excellent service. We love Alagon and Ho chi min city.We will go there again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Kuwait City, Kuwait
Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

This is a great hotel, its my second time here and everytime I visit it gets better and better. The staff are prompt and very friendly. Mr.Anthony is always helpful and friendly. The hotel is also very central to everything in the city. The price range is also excellent. I would stay no where else besides Alagon Hotel.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends