“Great Value and Excellent Location”

Alagon Saigon Hotel & Spa
Ranked #53 of 468 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed 10 May 2014

This hotel is ideally located in HCMC. The staff were very friendly and helpful, and also allowed us to leave luggage in storage between our stays at the hotel (1 night, then another 3 later in the trip).
Breakfast was very good, our room was clean & quiet and the receptionist went out of her way to be friendly & helpful as we came & went.

We would definitely stay at the hotel again if back in HCMC.

Room Tip: The hotel location was pretty quiet overall so any room should be good.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HayesNZ

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I stayed at this wonderful hotel for my last 2 nights in Saigon after a 2 week travel tour and the comfort was a great end to my trip. The rooms are clean and well equipped and look just like the photos uploaded on the website. There was a personalised welcome note with fresh fruit provided on my first day and I also received a small farewell gift and note on my final night. All of the staff at this hotel are friendly and helpful and were never afraid to offer me a hand even though I was obviously not one of their regular clients (mostly neat families and business types seemed to be staying here and I definitely looked like a tired backpacker by the end of my trip). Counter staff were able to make suggestions of local restaurants and there was also a local pocket guidebook In my room which provided more great insights into the area. There is some traffic noise, but I doubt you can escape this anywhere in Saigon without sacrificing a window (and what a wonderful window it was!!). The pillows are to die for!! I could write a whole review on the pillows alone! And I also very much appreciated that the hotel provide sustainable options for housekeeping such as re-using towels and also allowing the same sheets to be left on the bed rather than changed daily. All housekeeping staff were also very friendly when I ran into them in the halls and elevators. All in all I was very very happy with my stay at the Alagon Hotel and would definitely recommend this hotel to others looking to stay in the area. I stayed as a solo traveller in a Premier Deluxe Room.

Room Tip: If traffic noise could be a problem for you I suggest requesting a room away from the main road.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Adela G
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We stayed for 2 nights - one at the beginning and one at the end of our holiday. It is a well located hotel, near the night market and is relatively quiet. On our second stay, we had a superior delux double which was in the quietest part of the hotel - no outside noise of any note.

The breakfast is included and is a good buffet selection of local and western food.

The staff are friendly and helpful.

Best of all, it is very reasonably priced.

Room Tip: Superior delux at the back of the hotel
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank madzuko
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel was clean and the staff could not be nicer.
The breakfast buffet was good, but lacking for western style food.
The room itself is on the small side and the bed is very hard.
Bring your own soap as the one in the room is very small.
Also there are no wash cloths.
Next time I would stay at a more upscale hotel, but this is fine if you are on a budget.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank jon c
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Location: Perfectly situated between the back packer area and Banh Thinh market. Couldn't ask for better
Room (503): Smallish room but 2 windows and a great bathroom (modern and new). The room was always perfectly cleaned and good AC. Very quiet as well.
Breakfast: Good breakfast, large selection
Service: All members of staff were incredibly helpful and the airport pick up was good as we got information on the way but a taxi is much cheaper

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mark J
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Alagon hotel is a very strategic place to stay in whether you're in a business trip or in a vacation with your loves one. Stayed here for 3 nights and we have stayed at the executive and premiere deluxe room. Both room are clean and comfortable. Hotel cleanliness is up to my requirement.

Breakfast is very good as they serve quite a variety of dishes. They even have some local fruits and yogurt for you to try.

Alagon staffs are very friendly and helpful. One thing good about Alagon staffs is that they can speak quite fluent English. So, communication should not be a problem. Mr Viet, the hotel manager helps us alot during these 4 days.

Location of this hotel is very strategic. There are many restaurants or coffee shop nearby.
Benh Thanh Market is just 8 mins of walking. Starbucks, local vietnamese food and coffee shops are just nearby the corner.

But I would like to give an advice to Alagon, you need to improve on the sound proof of the hotel. Light sleepers will not really enjoy because it will be quite frustrating getting waken up by the slamming or the door sound by other travelers.

Overall I really enjoy staying in this hotel. I will definitely come to stay again next year and I hope Alagon could maintain the standard of this hotel.

Thanks,

Paul Chin

Room Tip: Premier Deluxe will be a good choice. Executive room will be suitable for family with small children...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank PaulCkp
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights and found it to be clean and well appointed. The rooms were comfortable and the shower one of the best we have had on our travels. Well situated in easy reach of many restaurants and the market. Hotels in the city are generally a bit more expensive but don't think having to pay an extra $10 for 2 hours to use the pool is good value. This hotel is on a busy road and although on the 7th floor it was quite noisy at times.
We did have a free pick up from the airport which was great but after we greeted our driver hello my husband asked if he spoke any English, he gruffly snapped "no"and completely ignored us from then on.
Reception staff were helpful when approached but otherwise ignored you, door man and restaurant staff were much more welcoming, a smile goes along way!
We had arranged for our tour guide to meet us at the hotel and I had made reception staff aware of this on arrival and asked them to call up when he arrived, we were later told by him that that had been unhelpful and reluctant to call us! Maybe this was because our tours were by motorbike!

If you are thinking of doing any tours whist in HCMC take a look at Saigon Riders, great company and great trips.

Room Tip: The higher floor the better
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple