“Beautiful Hotel”

Alagon Saigon Hotel & Spa
Ranked #52 of 468 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed 16 May 2014

The staff personnel are excellent; they are friendly and welcoming and will take good care of you. My room was very clean and well appointed with good quality linens and furniture, a large bathroom, and a pleasing view of the city. The location is prime--near many attractions and restaurants, so you can walk around and explore if you like. Tip: the breakfast has a cornucopia of foods, and all are delicious (especially the calamansi juice, which they call "orange juice") For 106,000 VND, this is a great value, so definitely buy the breakfast. The only negative is that the internet speed is moderately slow (relative to standard speeds at hotels in Japan, for example). It took longer than normal to upload or download media files.

Room Tip: Get a room with a window, near the top of the hotel. The windows open to a nice breeze and a decent...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank José Z

Reviewed 15 May 2014

The location of the hotel is ideally. The staff were nice, friendly and helpful. Mr.Bryan(Lu Yi),thanks for take care us in this four day three night Vietnam trip.Im feel lucky I can meet with you, u take us go around the city and let us try a lot tasty Vietnamese food. Im very enjoy this Vietnam trip and feel exited. Thank you,Bryan, you are the best and nice tourist guide.!why not

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Bryan(lu yi),thank you very much for take care us in this four day three night Vietnam trip.Im feel lucky I can meet with you(lu yi),if not we will miss a lot Vietnamies food and Vietnam popular place.Im very enjoy this trip and feel excited.Thank you,bryan;you gave us very very very good service...i like it very much.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We stayed in HCMC for 2 nights.

The hotel is in a fabulous location.

We stayed in an executive room which was spacious and had 2 bathrooms, included breakfast (nice) and quiet. Very clean.

Staff were excellent, very helpful and friendly. They let us have a late checkout at 7pm on our last day and charged us half the room rate which was brilliant.

You can use the New World Hotel pool which is situated about a 5 minute walk away from Alagon.

Loved the personalised welcome note and fruit.

Highly recommend this hotel.

2  Thank liverbird83
Reviewed 10 May 2014

This hotel is ideally located in HCMC. The staff were very friendly and helpful, and also allowed us to leave luggage in storage between our stays at the hotel (1 night, then another 3 later in the trip).
Breakfast was very good, our room was clean & quiet and the receptionist went out of her way to be friendly & helpful as we came & went.

We would definitely stay at the hotel again if back in HCMC.

Room Tip: The hotel location was pretty quiet overall so any room should be good.
1  Thank HayesNZ
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I stayed at this wonderful hotel for my last 2 nights in Saigon after a 2 week travel tour and the comfort was a great end to my trip. The rooms are clean and well equipped and look just like the photos uploaded on the website. There was a personalised welcome note with fresh fruit provided on my first day and I also received a small farewell gift and note on my final night. All of the staff at this hotel are friendly and helpful and were never afraid to offer me a hand even though I was obviously not one of their regular clients (mostly neat families and business types seemed to be staying here and I definitely looked like a tired backpacker by the end of my trip). Counter staff were able to make suggestions of local restaurants and there was also a local pocket guidebook In my room which provided more great insights into the area. There is some traffic noise, but I doubt you can escape this anywhere in Saigon without sacrificing a window (and what a wonderful window it was!!). The pillows are to die for!! I could write a whole review on the pillows alone! And I also very much appreciated that the hotel provide sustainable options for housekeeping such as re-using towels and also allowing the same sheets to be left on the bed rather than changed daily. All housekeeping staff were also very friendly when I ran into them in the halls and elevators. All in all I was very very happy with my stay at the Alagon Hotel and would definitely recommend this hotel to others looking to stay in the area. I stayed as a solo traveller in a Premier Deluxe Room.

Room Tip: If traffic noise could be a problem for you I suggest requesting a room away from the main road.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Adela G
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We stayed for 2 nights - one at the beginning and one at the end of our holiday. It is a well located hotel, near the night market and is relatively quiet. On our second stay, we had a superior delux double which was in the quietest part of the hotel - no outside noise of any note.

The breakfast is included and is a good buffet selection of local and western food.

The staff are friendly and helpful.

Best of all, it is very reasonably priced.

Room Tip: Superior delux at the back of the hotel
2  Thank madzuko