“Simply Awesome!”

Town House 50 Saigon
Toronto, Canada
“Simply Awesome!”
Reviewed 4 February 2014

This is a chic hostel in the heart of HCMC district 1 (Saigon). We have stayed in the decent sized, clean, comfortable, and quiet triple room. The location of this hostel is great as we could basically walk to all the attractions in district 1. If you feel tired of walking, then just hop onto a cab which will cost you probably less than 3 USD within the district. The room was quiet because this hostel located at the end of an alleyway from the side street. AC was strong, which is much needed for the weather in HCMC. Johnny and his crew were helpful and friendly. Well, breakfast was just okay... Maybe because the breakfast we had in Hoi An prior to coming here was simply too good! To sum it up, if I ever come back to HCMC, I'll stay here again for sure!

Room Tip: Pick the triple room even if there's only the 2 of you. It is much bigger than the double room.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 31 January 2014

After I got great information from Tripadvisor, I think I should return some informations for the traveler over here.
I stayed on 26 - 27 Jan 14 during Vietnam New Year. The place was located center of Saigon. You can walk around to tourist spots, especially 5 mins to Pham ngu lao, 7-10 mins walk to Ben Thanh market. Hotel interior is comfort and modern like thier FB picture, still new and clean all those we wanted!! We were thier early morning (4 am). They have 24 hrs reception and check in time is 2 pm, we check in and got extra charge half day price. The first room is so tiny and on the top floor. No lift, walking and carry own luggages by ourselves (no offer to help carry luggages from guy reception) to the top floor not so great after we were so tired from the HELL DARAT sleep bus and the reception was know how much we tired because I told him they drove like crazy used only 5 hrs from Darat to Saigon (normally 7-8 hrs). I up about 9 am. and went down to borrow hair dryer (no available in room) met the new reception who work at 9 am was nicer and kind, I asked for our room was booked superior tripple room but she told me our room air conditioner was broken and she tried to fix the problem that we no need to stay tiny and the top floor anymore. She gave us discount for smaller room and move us to 2nd floor instead. Yes! Sure She got my impressive. Thier 2nd floor is mean like 3rd or 4th because more steps than you though. The rest of hostel is great.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AnttyWong
Long Beach, California
Reviewed 25 January 2014

This is my first time traveling to SEA and my first time traveling alone. I have never felt so comfortable. Johnny and his crew are so helpful. Daily home-cooked breakfast is included. The rooms have air conditioning. Bathrooms are decent. There is a nice communal space downstairs. Johnny can answer any question you have about the city and what activities to do while you're here; he also booked all my day tours for me and my departing bus to Cambodia....for which he packed me a bag of snacks for the ride! The hostel is in a great location, close to the Ben thanh market and the backpacker row of bars. I recommend this hostel for ANYONE, they truly are amazing here!
...oh and I never write reviews, so that's saying something about how appreciative I am of this place!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank annaleigh619
HuyThan, Manager at Town House 50 Saigon, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Dear Anna,

Thanks so much for your lovely feedback. We are so glad that you have enjoyed your stay at Town House.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Happy New Year.

Huy Than.
Town House 50 Manager.
Freetown, Sierra Leone
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Location and breakfast were good. Other things not so much, all small, but drop by drop they got me to not wanting to stay there any more. No lift, walking to upper floor not so great after the heat of the streets. Fluctuating temperature in the shower. No soap (bath gel and shampoo was available). No blow-dryer in the room. My bed was never made. One time I came back after long walk exhausted, and got told the key was not available because repairs where being made in the room. Not long after could go to the room (I'll spare you the details of how we got there), only to find there no signs of repairs, but stuff had appeared that I had not left there (little bag of cold medicines). One night electricity disappeared for several minutes 3 times. The dollar exchange rate was the highest I saw in Vietnam. To compare, I had good stays in quite a few hotels and hostels in Vietnam (for better price, too) and none of them had this amount of irritants.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Inga_K_K
Dear Inga Krastina,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are so sorry for some inconvenient experiences happened to you during your stay.

We did have some repairs in regard to testing new water-heating enhancing system, which may cause the fluctuation of the water temperature, and consolidating the bed, in which the worker found a pack of medicine in the deep corner of the bed and left it on the table as he thought it belonged to you.

Your other feedbacks on our service quality are well noted and thanks for sharing it with us.

We hope Town House 50 will still have your support in the future and are looking forward to be your host again soon.

Huy Than.
Town House 50 Manager.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 25 January 2014

I picked TownHouse50 at first because of the nice design of their rooms! Their room giving you the feeling of staying in someone home instead of hostel/ guest houses, very cosy. Comfortable bed, good shower & great service. Would love to stay at TownHouse50 everytime i return to Saigon.
Location: 10 mins walk to Ben Thanh area

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank nomad f
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Our stay in Vietnam was truly memorable because of our experience at the Town House 50. We never felt like we left home. The staff was exceedingly approachable and hospitable. The hotel was very clean and the room's interior was designed well. With its affordable prices, you'd be surprised how great your experience will be. At your arrival, you will be greeted by the staff and they will provide maps with suggestions on how you can enjoy your stay in Ho Chi Minh. Packed breakfast will be provided to those who have schedule tours in the morning and yet were not able to wake up on time. :-) We suddenly had an emergency so we had to go back to Manila the next day because of it. I was so happy with how the staff helped us out and how they took care of us. They even gave complimentary water and fruits for our flight. Even though our stay in Ho Chi Minh city lasted for only 2 days, I was glad we got to stay at the Town House 50. We'd be happy to pay more for the service that we received. Thank you so much to the staff! More power!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank cv0612
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I stayed here 3 nights in January 2013 and can't say enough good things about it. The rooms, bathrooms, and lobby are incredibly clean; the staff are friendly and helpful (they helped us book tours with a great company and get us taxis to the airport); breakfast was delicious; and it's in a great location! You won't find anything better for this price! - Rachel

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family