“Great Stay and Staff”

Town House 50 Saigon
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

This place is like a cross between a hostel and a hotel. There are dorms if you're in a budget or lovely private rooms if you're happy to pay a bit more. Still, for $22 a night the private rooms are great value.

My favourites aspects of this place were:
- The staff are great. Very helpful in booking trips for you so you don't have to do any organising.
- The place is nice and clean. Private rooms are great with good facilities.
- The breakfast is basic but nice.
- The atmosphere in the place is good. Travellers watch films together, share stories etc in the common kitchen area.
For what you pay, I think you'll struggle to find better value for money in Saigon.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 5 February 2014

We arrived at townhouse 50 after a long bus ride and were exhausted! We met Johnny one of the staff who went over and beyond to look after us upgrading us for free to a private room in their linked hotel and organizing a taxi to the airport the next day! I have never met anyone so caring and genorous expecting nothing in return. Thank you so much for everything. Would defiantly stay here again!

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 4 February 2014

This is a chic hostel in the heart of HCMC district 1 (Saigon). We have stayed in the decent sized, clean, comfortable, and quiet triple room. The location of this hostel is great as we could basically walk to all the attractions in district 1. If you feel tired of walking, then just hop onto a cab which will cost you probably less than 3 USD within the district. The room was quiet because this hostel located at the end of an alleyway from the side street. AC was strong, which is much needed for the weather in HCMC. Johnny and his crew were helpful and friendly. Well, breakfast was just okay... Maybe because the breakfast we had in Hoi An prior to coming here was simply too good! To sum it up, if I ever come back to HCMC, I'll stay here again for sure!

Room Tip: Pick the triple room even if there's only the 2 of you. It is much bigger than the double room.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 January 2014

After I got great information from Tripadvisor, I think I should return some informations for the traveler over here.
I stayed on 26 - 27 Jan 14 during Vietnam New Year. The place was located center of Saigon. You can walk around to tourist spots, especially 5 mins to Pham ngu lao, 7-10 mins walk to Ben Thanh market. Hotel interior is comfort and modern like thier FB picture, still new and clean all those we wanted!! We were thier early morning (4 am). They have 24 hrs reception and check in time is 2 pm, we check in and got extra charge half day price. The first room is so tiny and on the top floor. No lift, walking and carry own luggages by ourselves (no offer to help carry luggages from guy reception) to the top floor not so great after we were so tired from the HELL DARAT sleep bus and the reception was know how much we tired because I told him they drove like crazy used only 5 hrs from Darat to Saigon (normally 7-8 hrs). I up about 9 am. and went down to borrow hair dryer (no available in room) met the new reception who work at 9 am was nicer and kind, I asked for our room was booked superior tripple room but she told me our room air conditioner was broken and she tried to fix the problem that we no need to stay tiny and the top floor anymore. She gave us discount for smaller room and move us to 2nd floor instead. Yes! Sure She got my impressive. Thier 2nd floor is mean like 3rd or 4th because more steps than you though. The rest of hostel is great.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AnttyWong
Reviewed 25 January 2014

This is my first time traveling to SEA and my first time traveling alone. I have never felt so comfortable. Johnny and his crew are so helpful. Daily home-cooked breakfast is included. The rooms have air conditioning. Bathrooms are decent. There is a nice communal space downstairs. Johnny can answer any question you have about the city and what activities to do while you're here; he also booked all my day tours for me and my departing bus to Cambodia....for which he packed me a bag of snacks for the ride! The hostel is in a great location, close to the Ben thanh market and the backpacker row of bars. I recommend this hostel for ANYONE, they truly are amazing here!
...oh and I never write reviews, so that's saying something about how appreciative I am of this place!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank annaleigh619
HuyThan, Manager at Town House 50 Saigon, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear Anna,

Thanks so much for your lovely feedback. We are so glad that you have enjoyed your stay at Town House.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Happy New Year.

Huy Than.
Town House 50 Manager.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

Location and breakfast were good. Other things not so much, all small, but drop by drop they got me to not wanting to stay there any more. No lift, walking to upper floor not so great after the heat of the streets. Fluctuating temperature in the shower. No soap (bath gel and shampoo was available). No blow-dryer in the room. My bed was never made. One time I came back after long walk exhausted, and got told the key was not available because repairs where being made in the room. Not long after could go to the room (I'll spare you the details of how we got there), only to find there no signs of repairs, but stuff had appeared that I had not left there (little bag of cold medicines). One night electricity disappeared for several minutes 3 times. The dollar exchange rate was the highest I saw in Vietnam. To compare, I had good stays in quite a few hotels and hostels in Vietnam (for better price, too) and none of them had this amount of irritants.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Inga_K_K

Dear Inga Krastina,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are so sorry for some inconvenient experiences happened to you during your stay.

We did have some repairs in regard to testing new water-heating enhancing system, which may cause the fluctuation of the water temperature, and consolidating the bed, in which the worker found a pack of medicine in the deep corner of the bed and left it on the table as he thought it belonged to you.

Your other feedbacks on our service quality are well noted and thanks for sharing it with us.

We hope Town House 50 will still have your support in the future and are looking forward to be your host again soon.

Huy Than.
Town House 50 Manager.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

I picked TownHouse50 at first because of the nice design of their rooms! Their room giving you the feeling of staying in someone home instead of hostel/ guest houses, very cosy. Comfortable bed, good shower & great service. Would love to stay at TownHouse50 everytime i return to Saigon.
Location: 10 mins walk to Ben Thanh area