“Good Location/Value”
Review of The Luxe Hotel

The Luxe Hotel
Ranked #88 of 467 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Location. Location. Location. The Luxe is located right in the heart of District 1 and next to its slightly older sister property, The White.

We got great deal off Agoda, paid only around $100 USD for 3 nights. That's unbeatable value for location and newness.

The hotel is rather new, less than a year old if I'm not mistaken. As such, it's got decent lobby, good enough to relax in.

Room wise, it is rather small as typical of this class of hotel in Saigon, around 20sqm. Most rooms do not have window so it makes it seem smaller than similar size room with window. This is probably my biggest criticism of this property although you can pay a bit more to upgrade to rooms with window.

As such, I prefer sitting in lobby area. Besides being new and in great location, I do love the hotel staff. Doormen were all great, always prompt in helping us in/out of taxi.

The guy in charge of kitchen is also great, even spoke some Thai to my mother's delight.

The hotel is also right next to Vy Cafe, one of the more popular coffee shop in town. They also serve up great Vietnamese ice coffee. They have wide variety to select from although I personally like the higher end weasel coffee best.

Their breakfast also not bad esp the pho...on par with Pho 24 IMO.

Room Tip: For those prone to minor claustrophobia (like me), slight bump in pricing will get you room with win...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed 4 nights in this hotel. The facilities and service were great but the walls and doors are too thin. You can hear the honking from the roads , the next door occupants talking, the bell of the elevator ringing and even the cleaning ladies at 7 am in the morning. That was the only downside of the stay. We were constantly woken up in the middle of the night by the noise. Can't get a good nights sleep.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank eunice l
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

We were welcomed with a glass of iced tea before we had even checked in, which as tea lovers was a winner straight away! The staff here were warm and friendly and very helpful, answering our questions about local attractions thoroughly and honestly. Their doorman helped us negotiate crossing the street without getting run over! One of the staff even came with us to a nearby convenience store to ensure we got a good deal on a Vietnamese SIM card and then spent fifteen minutes with us setting it up and topping up our credit over the phone. The hotel is a few blocks from the Ben Than market, which again provided a great introduction to Vietnam for first timers. The rooms are modern and clean and the included breakfast buffet is delicious. We would absolutely stay here again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Amfo
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Stayed there for 2 nights. Generally clean and decent. The staff are friendly. They provide a cold drink dispenser at the lobby, a simple gesture that helps to ease the heat of the area.
As I was there with my colleagues for a retreat and required a space to discuss matters, they allowed us to use their breakfast area to meet, for an afternoon, this place does not have a proper conference room or meeting room and we were aware of that.
You may request up to 2 pillows only which is kinda disappointing. There was no water boiler in my room but there were able to provide one on request.
One interesting thing is the see through bathroom and toilet into the room. However, after u pull down the blind, it is fine.

This hotel is close to Ben Thanh mkt. 8 mins on foot.
You can take a cab to Palace hotel for local buffet that cost an affordable 230000dong. And this about 10mins from luxe hotel which is unlikely to be more than 250000dong.

The breakfast is simple American style, us may order eggs, or local vietnam noodles and this ever famous Vietnam coffee.

Can give this hotel a shot.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank William O
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed my quick stay here. Greeted with ice tea on entry and a room upgrade. Very helpful staff. I recommend the luxe to anyone that wants to be close to the markets and just needs simple and clean accommodations.

Breakfast and wifi were included with the stay. Great hotel and will stay here again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dan R
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I was a little surprised to read all of the very good reviews on the Luxe Hotel. I've visited HCMC quite a number of times now (each time staying for at least 4 weeks) and like to try out different hotels for the experience.

Pros:

- Close vicinity to the Ben Thanh markets (1 block away), which is the most central point of the city
- Newly designed, clinical hotel rooms
- Complimentary (limited) buffet breakfast
- Complimentary wifi (which all hotels I've stayed at offer anyway)
- Some helpful staff

Cons:

- The beds were ridiculously firm - it is one notch better than sleeping on the floor. My partner and I, plus 4 of our friends, did not sleep very well and some woke up with aching bodies. After complaining to the hotel 3 times and nothing having done about it (once to the manager??whom said he'd sort it out but did absolutely nothing) they eventually put a foam padding on my bed which was consequently taken off another customer not to their knowledge! Apparently this was the only foam padding available in the entire hotel. I'd highly recommend they purchase more and put it on every single bed.
- Noise factor: every second morning I'd be woken up at around 6am by others staying at the hotel due to the thin walls. I'd also be woken up by really loud staff members yelling across the hallway. My partner and I ended up wearing earplugs to phase out the noise.
- Ticking sound: we had this ticking sound in our room which would go off occasionally
- Unhelpful manager: not completely sure if he was the manager but he was an older gentlemen who did not care about my concerns for the firmness of the bed, even when I asked politely.
- Rooms are very small - 20sqm infact.
- We paid $65aud per night at the hotel (no windows) which is on the more expensive side for a boutique hotel central to HCMC. Previously I've stayed at other boutique hotels which would cost me between $40 - $50aud and had a better experience.

I would not be staying in this hotel nor would I recommend it to my friends and family. Whilst the hotel is very affordable to international standards, there are better hotels out there. My biggest gripe was the firmness of the bed (trust me, it's the firmest bed any of us have stayed at) and the fact that staff were very noisy in the early hours of the morning.

In the same trip I stayed at the Lavendar hotel, and in reflection, would much rather stay here at $47aud per night as it is literally outside the doors of the Ben Thanh markets, is surprisingly quiet, has 4 times the amount of buffet breakfast available and staff are very helpful.

Room Tip: If you do choose to stay here my friend (who also stayed here with us) suggests you don't get th...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for three nights and thought the location was great for seeing different parts of HMC. As per other reviews it is noisy if you are on the front of the hotel but it didn't bother us. Overall, for the price, the hotel offered good value for money and was looked much nicer than lots of the other hotels with similar ratings around it. Breakfast was also good.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple