“Be aware of loud music in the morning! ”

Tan Son Nhat Saigon Hotel
Ranked #119 of 466 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed here just for one night in March. The hotel is very close to the airport so we chose it for convenience given it was our last night in Saigon. I think it takes about 10mins from the airport to the hotel. Although the hotel is fairly new, I found the decor and interior to be very 'old' looking...Upon arrival, we were offered vouchers for a free drink at their lobby cafe. We ended up not using the vouchers because the cafe looked not ready as they were preparing for some wedding for that night. The swimming pool was a bit small but decent. The staffs were friendly. I felt it was a bit weird that the front desk asked if we wanted them to keep our passports. We said no of course but just strange. There is a big c supermarket right outside the hotel which makes shopping easy. There is also a Pho24 right next to big c...pretty good pho there for just 55k dong. The bad part of our stay really happened second in the morning. I was waken up by loud disco type of music at 6:30am in the morning. My room was on the 7th floor but I could totally hear it loud and clear. It was music no stop for a couple hours. I got so annoyed I had to drag myself up to find out where the music was coming from. It didn't feel it was coming from inside of the hotel. I finally figured it had to be coming from one of the side street stores near the hotel. But seriously, 6:30am on a Sunday!!! I wouldn't stay here again just for that.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Moyashi S
calvinng, Assistant Sales Manager at Tan Son Nhat Saigon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2014

Dear Mr Moyashi S,
Tan Son Nhat Saigon hotel would like to thank you for your sincere feedback.
Firstly, we would like to inform you about the “old” décor and interior. As you have known, our hotel slogan is “Luxury – Hospitality – Vietnamese spirit” that every single décor and interior should have traditional look. That is why they came to you as “old” décor and interior. We assure you that everything in this hotel is new as our hotel has just been opening since Dec 2012.
Secondly, we are really sorry for the noise you had suffered on the early of Sunday morning at our hotel. We will investigate if the noise frequently appears or it was a special occasion that they turned the music on at that time on Sunday morning. We are considering placing soundproofing materials in rooms to reduce noise from outside. On the other hand, room which has garden-view and pool-view would be a nice place for you since it is quieter at the back.
In regards, we are thankful for your feedback which is helpful contribution to our hotel completion. To be best served, please contact us at: sales1@tansonnhatsaigonhotel.com or call: (84) 8 3999 1614 ext: 61. We are always honor to welcome you again,

Best regards from Tan Son Nhat Saigon Hotel.

Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

Hotel is continently situated near airport. With Big C supermarket beside the hotel. Room is big, clean and nice since the hotel is quite new.
Hotel staff is not very friendly and English level is not fantastic but manageable.
Will be good if there is free airport pickup.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 February 2014

We booked this hotel for the final night of our Vietnam trip. As it was the night before our long journey home we wanted to get a nice, comfortable room with excellent service. This hotel was shockingly the opposite. Firstly, we booked a couple of days in advance and emailed the Tan Son Nhat Hotel in regards to organising an airport transfer. They did not write back once, even after 4 emails. Every other hotel on our trip was very quick and efficient at replying and organising an airport transfer. Upon predictable getting ripped off by a taxi and arriving at this hotel we checked in. The service staff had difficulty understanding english and struggled with speaking it themselves. We were unable to ask any questions about our room or the hotel facilities. Our room looked very nice and was quite large, so that's a positive, but I don't know why they bothered having a bed in it. The bed in the room made me feel like I was sleeping on a park bench. It was almost more comfortable to sleep on the floor (which I considered). After coming to terms with the fact I was forced to sleep on such an awful, rock solid bed we decided to check out their restaurants. The 2nd floor where two of their restaurants are was pretty much shut down. The lights at the elevator were off, in the restaurants the lights were off. It was entirely dark and empty (weird?). We went to the first floor to ask and I think the service staff said one was open up as we couldn't quite understand where it was we went back to the room to order room service. We both ordered chicken fried rice. It was definitely a crappy microwave job. We had better food at the airport believe it or not. It really wasn't what we were expecting for a "5 star" hotel. I'm normally not one to complain but this hotel is doing everything wrong. Sure it looks nice but the lack of service and quality makes me feel extremely ripped off. I strongly recommend staying with a different hotel, as the title of my review states "worst hotel experience in 2 weeks". Terrible.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sherryberry91
Reviewed 25 January 2014

A curious hotel. Good rate and clearly a nice 5* property but... deserted and nothing open. We stayed just one night and everything was perfect. Good, quick, efficient staff, nice room. We checked in and went to check out a restaurant to eat. The hotel has 5. 3 were just empty rooms, 2 didnt even have tables in. One had staff busy but no sign of anything to eat! In the end we went up to the top floor to the bar - utterly deserted with one staff member who was delighted to see us. We ordered two drinks and two simple meals. Another staff member was summoned and the drink appeared from elsewhere. Food arrived and both were fine. So all in add odd - nothing to complain about but no one there and nothing open! Not sure if it is new or what. Anyway - if you want an excellent hotel and a quiet night near the airport go for it.

One word of caution. We had only 500,000 notes on us (worth about GBP30!) and needed smaller for taxis. They found a tiny tear in one and would only give us 480,000 for it. Avoid that bit!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ian T
Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here while transiting through HCMC, it's 5 minutes from the airport!

The new building is well made, rooms are comfortable, but there was no bellboy to get the luggage to the room. The shower was a let down very bad quality!! Also leaked everywhere in the bathroom!

The morning reception staff was very polite and quick to check me out, the night boys were pretty rookie!

Breakfast was ok!! But having stayed many times in Saigon, felt $80 was bit to high for this hotel close to the airport! But the rooms are very good!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I stayed there for several nights in the suite and it was really excellent!
The bed was BIG , the room clean and every detail being taken care of, the pool was excellent and also the tenniscourts were ok for this part of the world.
Whenever I come back to Saigon I will definitely stay here and nowhere else!

Room Tip: Hi level with view to the backside of the hotel are less noisy!