“Best Value in Saigon”

Ranked #18 of 458 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Asia
“Best Value in Saigon”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We were going to book the caravelle but friends recommended liberty - half the price!

The hotel looks like it's only recently opened - everything is immaculately new. Good sized, clean modern rooms - ours has a river view - excellent location on a few minutes walk from the cathedral

Comfortable beds, great showers, fast internet.

Basically this is a 5 star hotel for half the price.

Room Tip: Try to get a high floor room with a river view
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Tina L, Manager at Liberty Central Saigon Riverside Hotel, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear Inuksukasia,

First of all, thank you for choosing Liberty Central Saigon Riverside hotel and for leaving such a good comment on tripadvisor.

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your experiences with us. We are trying to deliver the best services to meet with our guest’s expectation and your kind comments definitely motivate us to better our quality constantly.

Once again, thank you for patronizing Liberty Central Saigon Riverside Hotel and we certainly look forward to welcoming you again.

Your sincerely,

Dang Manh Tan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (366)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

staff very nice, room nice & clean, checkin was quick, motel facilities explained.

pool & gym didn't use but had a look & again a very nice area

breakfast was nice a lot if variety

after a long day out I had a manicure, the lady was very nice, I had the manicure however no polish or anything was put on the nails at completion - I didn't say anything as I was too tired

upon paying the charge was I can't remember exactly but it was very close to a price for manicure & pedicure

the motel information book in my room showed the amounts of manicures & I paid considerably more than the price shown in that book

again I couldn't be bothered questioning it as I was just too tired

other than that this is a very nice motel

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Tina L, Manager at Liberty Central Saigon Riverside Hotel, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Dear Sooty0201,

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest during your last visit to Ho Chi Minh City.
We are glad to know that you had enjoyed your stay from the accommodation, the facilities to our staff. After receiving your feedback, we have immediately taken internal actions in order to make sure to improve our manicure service.
We look forward to welcoming you back at Liberty Central Saigon Riverside Hotel.

Your sincerely,

Dang Manh Tan
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Stayed in Riverview Premier Room last week of October 4 nights. River was dirty but still great to watch all the activity on the river early morning and evenings.

Brand new, clean modern hotel. Big bed, luxurious bed linen and pillows. I would
definitely love to have this linen at home. Separate shower, and huge bath, managed to have a relaxing bubble bath one night. Great mirror and lighting in bathroom to do your makeup, nice touch.

Buffet breakfast offered great selection of hot and cold food to suit all tastes.
Pool located on rooftop, decent sized and beautiful views overlooking river and city.
Has spa but we didn’t get to try it on this visit.

Hotel is right opposite the river and in close proximity to restaurants and bars. Just a 15 minute walk to the major sights and attractions. We chose to get a taxi as it was just too hot and relatively cheap.

Staff and Concierge was very friendly and helpful, assisting with all questions, directions and also organised a tour to the Cu Chi Tunnels and a dinner cruise on Saigon River for us.

Had a great stay and would recommend this hotel, would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank terriede
LCR_Manager, General Manager at Liberty Central Saigon Riverside Hotel, responded to this review, 9 July 2016
Dear terriede,
We thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.
We are glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay and you were satisfied by our level of care and attention.
Providing outstanding services in a comfortable place is the ultimate goal of all hotel collaborators. We shall inform our team on your positive review.
belfast
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

Just about to leave this hotel and HCMC, I have previously stayed on numerous occasions at liberty Central bin than, this hotel is new, still learning but improving! Location is great, room fine with great views over the river, reception helpful even with my luggage missing for 4 days!!! Bar area quiet and efficient, spa very good and clean. I never used the pool as my case didn't arrive but the view here also fabulous.
Breakfast was outstanding !! Great way to start the day, even bar snacks were good. Overall I rate the hotel, I will return and would recommend .

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank ulsterrover
Dear ulsterrover,
Pouch Cove, Canada
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Everything is relative. Six weeks of travel in Asia and this brand new hotel was our first disappointment. Booked by our previous hotel we were scheduled to be picked up at the airport. No one there but I was lucky enough to see the small print on a sign where they were picking up someone else. Turns out they sent two people for him and no one for us. On arrival they could not find reservation, then when they did we had to wait for our room ( at seven pm.) . Room itself was very good ( if small) clean and modern. Hotel roof top pool was lovely but workers repairing something two feet from my lounge only some of which had their pads in place. One night i partied too long and my new lady friend could not make it to her home. Tried to buy her another room at three am. and I was given major attitude. First claiming they were full, when I would not buy that claimed he had rooms he was holding. Asked him to find another hotel for me which he grudgingly did at double the price. I resolved the situation myself but was unhappy being forced to do so. Finally got a requested wake up call an hour before the requested time. When I pointed that out there was no apology offered, simply a hang up. Maybe I am spoiled the the Essence chain in Ha Noi and Hoi An where the service was superlative. As extra ordinary as it may seem I am still in touch with the staff at both Essence locations. Can't wait until they open in HCMC.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank JBOTR
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Hotel is very nice, rooms exactly like in picture, staff very helpful. Location almost great (10 minutes walk to Buon Vien). The pool on the roof little bit small but with great view - exactly like on pictures.
Spa is nice and comfortable. Massages are as it should be..

BUT look out !!!
As a male person during massage You will be offered always (2 for 2 of my massages) a Happy Ending (or genitaly massage in other words). I said NO - Thank You - no problem then but in Hotel SPA i was expecting professional massage - not a happy ending feature like in phuket dirty massage clubs.

Despite this only problem i still got 2 more nights in this hotel that im looking forward to.

3 Thank grzegorz s
Bunbury, Australia
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Arrived to the hotel and checked in quickly. Shown to our room by concierge. We had a signature riverview room which was on the 20th floor. Floor to ceiling window, lets in a lot of light and also heat from the morning sun. The bathroom looks out on to the bedroom but there is a blind in the shower cubicle for privacy. The king size bed is very comfy and the amenities provided are standard. Again, in this hotel I found that the tea/coffee supplies were a little short if you wanted more than one cuppa.

The complimentary breakfast was pretty good with all tastes catered for. However, a lot of the hot food was just luke warm. We used the bar on the mezzanine floor and ordered cocktails on a few occasions. It took a long time for the cocktails to be made on all occasions! I had to check that they had our order.

I found the location of this hotel great. Loads of choices of restaurants close by and easy to get to everything. We used the spa at the hotel which was good and I found the prices comparable to some of the places on the street. We also used the pool - it's a small area but there was still room for us the time we used it. Great location on the rooftop with views over the river and beyond. The water was surprisingly cool.

My only real gripe which is not really the fault of the hotel was the smell of cigarette smoke permeating our entire non-smoking floor and in the room. Waking up to that is very unpleasant. I don't think there is much the hotel staff can do about it but I wish they could!!

Overall, the hotel is good, staff are friendly and the location was also good. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: We had room 2010 on the 20th floor which is right at the end and we were not affected by any neighbo...
3 Thank freya691