“Great Hotel”

Liberty Central Saigon Riverside Hotel
Ranked #21 of 461 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Great Hotel

Stayed at Liberty Central Saigon Riverside Hotel for 2 nights before the start of my tour group.
Hotel is clean and comfortable.

Decent View of the River.
If your booking this hotel for the roof top pool, it's average.
Has all the amenities you need gym, restaurant and bar.

Decently priced.

Staff is helpful but found it difficult to communicate with them, strong accents.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank John_Chan_c83
LCR_Manager, General Manager at Liberty Central Saigon Riverside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear John_Chan_c83,

Thank you for staying with us during your trip to Ho Chi Minh City. It is lovely to hear that you had a memorable experience at our hotel. We are constantly working on the English training for our staff and hope in time this can improve. Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Let's start with the positive things: The hotel is good located next to the main shopping streets and the river. The rooms are new and bright but rather small. Equipment and amenities are excellent. Since it is one of the higher buildings in town the view over Saigon is great. Cleanliness and sleeping comfort are good as well. Unfortunately the room was quite noisy.

Breakfast buffet ist very rich, fresh and tasty. I couldn't understand why some tables were reserved and not used the whole time of our breakfast while the rest of the area was very crowded.

There were two annoying things regarding the service. While check-in the staff tried to sell me an upgrade to a riverview room. I declined and afterwards we received the riverview room free of charge. I hate this kind of behaviour. When the booked and confirmed room is not available, offer the better category without trying to sell it.

Second thing: While entering the breakfast the lady told us that we have only one breakfast included according our list which was wrong. Instead of harassing the customer they should check it first and only then contact the customer. Of cours our booking was for two persons and breakfast for two.

The pool at the roof top is great but was very crowded and is much smaller than it appears in the fotos. However, It is great fun to cool down there in the evening.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank lexli
LCR_Manager, General Manager at Liberty Central Saigon Riverside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Dear lexli,

Greetings from Liberty Central Saigon Riverside Hotel.
First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing us as your accommodation during your trip to Saigon. It is pleasant to hear that you enjoyed our hotel excellent facilities and the central location. To let you know in our morning restaurant service we set aside certain tables for Executive floor guests of course these seats would be used if finally no other tables were available. I do apologise for the inconvenience with the number of guests and the upselling on arrival, which I hope did not detract from your overall experience.

Thank you once again, and I do hope we can welcome you both back in the near future.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

It was an unforgettable experience staying in Liberty Central Saigon Riverside Hotel which never fail to surprise me with their great services, friendly staffs and beautiful room during my stay. The hotel staffs even provide us with great information and also helped my family booked our dinner cruise tour. Thanks for 'wow-ing' us throughout the entire stay and looking forward to stay at Liberty Central Saigon Riverside Hotel when I visit Ho Chi Minh again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Michycheng
LCR_Manager, General Manager at Liberty Central Saigon Riverside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Michy,

Greetings from Liberty Central Saigon Riverside.

Thank you for your positive review of our hotel. I am glad to know that you found the service and hotel’s facilities enjoyable. We always strive to offer the best service so I am pleased to learn you made the most of your stay.

We hope we can welcome you back in the near future to wow you again!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

It was our first time visiting HCMC and it was the first hotel we stayed in Vietnam, so thankful and no regret for choosing it.

Upon arrival, we had received the refreshing drinks and towels respectively. We had booked a city view room. Due to the internal construction work of the hotel that our room was being affected by noise, management team of Liberty Saigon was nice enough to offer us FREE upgrade to higher floor room with river view!

This hotel is pretty new, chic and modern. I must say it really impressed us. (River view) Room is spacious, decorated with fresh orchids and stylish showering area. Sleeping and shower qualities were both great for us (thumb up).

Restaurant of the hotel is brilliant of its Asian fusion cuisine. I was pleased to try the vietnamese 'pho' finally.

Spa at the hotel was the highlight for us. We went there almost every night during our stay. We had tried hot stone, Shiatsu and Asian technique massages. Hot stone one is highly recommended.

The gym and the swimming pool were both nicely maintained. Both serve the nice view of the riverside.

This hotel is walking distance to some popular local attractions (says Saigon Central Post Office, Independent Palace, People's committee building, Bến Thành Market etc). It is also very close to the tourist shopping street - Dong Khoi Street. I found the famous Ipa Nima shop there!!!!

Anyhow, if we visit HCMC again, would def. consider to come back :)

Thank you for giving us a nice memory of HCMC and it was a pleasant stay for us

Peace

D.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank DominiqueUltee

Dear Michycheng,
Thank you for staying with us during your visit to Saigon. As providing guests the best experiences is always our top goal, your positive review regarding our service and facilities gives us great pleasure. On behalf of the hotel team, we are proud to be the one giving you a great intro of Vietnam and hope to welcome you back in the nearest future.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

From the moment I arrived at Liberty Riverside's doorstep (or, more accurately their lobby) in tears Hoa and the rest of the front of house staff were the ultimate in caring compassion. Immediately I was given a towel and a juice and my room upgraded to a high floor with a river view (totally unneccessary but greatfully received). Each day the FOH staff would ring me to ensure I had made it back safely and on my birthday I returned to find a birthday cake and card signed by the entire FOH team with a very personal and moving message. Everything about my stay at THE LIBERTY RIVERSIDE was exceptional with a very special thanks in particular to the gorgeous Hoa. Thank you for especially looking out for me.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Fiona R

Dear Fiona,

Greetings from Liberty Central Saigon Riverside.

Thank you for your positive review of our hotel and I am glad to know our staff went out of their way to make your stay memorable. We always strive to offer the service along with the most relaxing services and facilities so I am pleased to learn you made the most of your stay.

Thanks once again and we look forward to welcoming you back should the chance arise.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I stayed in Riverside back in March, and I enjoyed the stay, good breakfast buffet, clean room, good view to the River, front office staff were good.
Restaurant, need staff with better English.
Overall, was very good. Will always come back there.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms with river view
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Carlos A
LCR_Manager, General Manager at Liberty Central Saigon Riverside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Carlos A,

Warm greetings from Liberty Central Saigon Riverside Hotel.
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. I am glad to know that your stay was enjoyable and you appreciated the room, breakfast buffet, and staff. I do take note your comments about the restaurant staff. Each year we take on trainees from local hospitality schools as a partnership program, so perhaps you had contact with them, however I will be sure take note and follow up on our concerns. Thank you once again and we wish welcome you back for the next stay in Saigon.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

I see it's new branch of Liberty Co-operation, it faces to Bach Dang Ferry, Saigon river. It's so great if you book the room with window and city view, Twinkle at night, that's the reason I think you should stay here. beside that, hotel's service is so good, just 1 word to say: WONDERFUL

Room Tip: book the room with city view and brf will save a lots of money
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank RossKimN

Dear RossKimN,

Thank you for staying with us during your trip to Saigon. I am pleased to learn you enjoyed your time with us and thank you for your kind comments, which will serve as encouragement for the hotel team. Thank you once again and we hope to have another chance to welcome you back at Liberty Central Saigon Riverside Hotel in the near future.