Vien Dong Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
La Felix Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
  • Restaurant
Elios Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
  • Breakfast included
Spring House Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
  • Room Service
Dragon Palace II Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
  • Breakfast included
Saigon Smile Hostel(Ho Chi Minh City)
View Hotel
Blue River Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
View Hotel
Bich Duyen Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
  • Breakfast included
Ngoc Minh Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
  • Breakfast included
Ocean Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
View Hotel
All reviewsbackpacker areawithin walking distancephobeds were comfortablehotel is locatedwould stay againstar hotelhotel is cleanfoot massagefive nightsbars and restaurantsconvenient locationthe heart of the citypleasant staybreakfast buffetstayed here for nightsnoise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 August 2014

The VD was very comfortable. Great aircon, decent breakfast and I thought was a good location.
A short walk to all the large markets and the street behind has many wonderful little bars for a cheap drink.
The lifts were a little slow but other than that there were no problems.
Reception has a great exchange rate as well.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I have stayed eleven times in this hotel and found the location ideal for shopping cafes and transport , one of the best breakfasts I have had. I always request the rear rooms as they have no noise and quite spacious, this is not a five star hotel more like a three but good value for money. I have found the staff very friendly, and this is maybe because I am not to demanding as some!!. Enjoy your stay.

Room Tip: Rear rooms are the best, but make sure you book a head!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Stayed in this hotel couple of times. The last stay was on March. Stayed there for more than 1 month. The location is in Pham Ngu Lao where lots of foreigner, local restaurants and bars nearby. From the airport, it cost around 150k VND by using taxi. The hotel room itself was good. Not big, but not small as well. The minor from my side was the breakfast. As I stayed there for long period, I found the menu almost never changed (I guess 70% or more menu were the same everyday).
Often saw group of people from Germany as well as Russian. So, I think this hotel has good connection with travel agents. Yes, as written in the title, I found it little bit overpriced compared to other 3* hotel.

Room Tip: Room *12 had the TV on the table while *11 hanged it on the wall (too high I must say). I choose *12 as it has better direction to watch the TV.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Great location, clean spacious room, very nice breakfast

we booked superior room with patio (same as our friends) but we didnt have real balcony. There are only few rooms with normal walk-in balcony, so try ask for it :)

Room Tip: ask for a room with real walk-in balcony
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I go to Ho Chi Minh City for work and have stayed in many hotels here. This was by far one of my worse experience. It was so bad I checked out after my first night despite booking this hotel for 9 nights. I lost my money because it was a non-refundable rate. It did not matter because I could not stay here one more night. The receptionist decided to give me one of the cheaper, uglier room despite the fact that I had paid for an upgraded room with a courtyard view. After I showed them my reservation online then they had no choice but to give me the room I had paid for (which earlier, they said there wasn't any available.) this hotel will scam you into one of their uglier rooms unless you put up a fight. The room smelled horrible and there were water stains from leaks all over the ceiling. The rooms look old and super dated. The bellhop was the only nice thing about this hotel.

I wish this was the end of my bad experience but no, it actually gets worse. My friends came to pick me up from my hotel and they brought me gifts. When they arrived they were told no guests were allowed in any of the rooms for visiting. This was the only hotel that has this policy. After some pushing from my friends, they eventually allowed them up to surprise me with my gifts. We were sitting around chatting when my phone rang and I was rudely told by the staff that my friends had to leave my room immediately or they would call security. By this point I asked to speak with a manager cause I thought this was totally unacceptable. I can't believe they threatened me. They responded that the manager was not there and if in had an issue I can write a comment and drop it off in their comment box and they hung up the phone on me. I was horrified. As I was sitting on my bed explaining to my friends what had just transpired, not two minutes had gone by before I received a knock on my door. A mean older man stood there and told me to tell my friends to leave and not make him have to tell me twice!?! He was literally talking to me as if I was 5 years old! I couldn't believe this. I told him I will ask them to leave shortly. By the way, it was only 8:30pm at that time which is not late for. By this point I decided that I need to go ahead a look for another hotel. There's no point in staying 8 more days under the scrutiny of the staff.

This hotel is going down in business due to dated, dirty, smelly rooms and rude service. Save yourself the trouble and STAY AWAY! There are cheaper, much better hotels across the street. Look into Asian Ruby Park View Hotel. They are way better and cheaper. Hope this helps out fellow travelers.

Stayed: June 2014